It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I dont know people but I live in Mexico and it has been reported many times this kind of incident over Mexico City airport, even catch some of them in radar, still no pictures but even air traffic controllers and pilots have copme forward here with this information and it's because it puts in danger domestic flights and people around it it could happen a crash .

At least here in mexico this has been reported. now that it happens in USA looks like everybody doesnt believe anything, i wonder why in the uSA are so closed to this information ( remember i am not saying they are aliens or something like that, just a craft there witout any purpose)...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
that's pretty cool. if the tribune reporter, and other media outlets press this story, those pictures and, possibly, more info from the FAA and United, might actually come out.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As one of the three owners of this site, I would like to thank you for coming forward to the extent you have and express total understanding for your desire to stay behind the curtain as it were.

Your information is secure, very secure since we don't have any.
Let me suggest that you make certain the email address you signed up with does NOT have your real name attached to it.

While we certainly don't have your real name or anything other than the email address you signed up with, the company who hosts the email accounts you used might have it, if you gave it to them.

Just trying to help you cover all your bases my man.

Thanks again and please keep the updates coming if you can.

Springer...
Partner,
AboveTopSecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rampagentX
We all think it was too small for a space ship too and thats why some of them think its something we made. Like one of those radio control drones they use in Iraq.

Thanks for taking the time to post here. I have to agree with a few who think if it was something we made, it wouldn't really make sense for them to showcase it over the airport unless maybe they wanted to test just how stealthy it actually was in an environment where air traffic is heavily monitored. It would all be speculation though, and it is possible it could be a space craft since we really just assume the ET's would be about our size, they could be smaller though.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
people people......

this is very quickly becomming very, very interesting....... all i want to say at this point is how intrigued i am.

if this is the smoking gun that will (within a few days) display video and or pictures that can be validated, we are in for some serious explanations from someone.

i've got my good eye on this thread to see what happens. i just hope that i'm not let down.

at this moment i've got a good feeling, although i could be in need of a pee......

Remirah.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What are you talking about with an IP address? I'm not so sharp with this stuff, my hobby is woodworking not computers.

See Springer's advice above.

If I report this to the www.mufon.com or www.nuforc.org people will I need to give them my name and personal info? If so I won't do it.

No, you can give a report anonymously. NUFORC already has two other reports of the incident, and you can see them on their site. Both are anonymous.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Mark my words fellow ats'ers this website would GO DOWN IN THE HSITORY BOOKS as the best website in terms of real news.i dont know when but this website will change the fate of humanity as it is the best vox populi.
LONG LIVE ATS for opening my eyes and opening other people eyes.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've been following this story with great interest, and it has rekindled my latent attention in UFO related conspiracies.

Might I suggest that all fans of this thread, and the information portrayed, spend some time spreading the word to news agencies and other UFO topic websites? We are witnessing an important development, one that must not be lost in the vast madness that is the web.

If you send this link to anyone, it might be a good idea to use the one linked from the headline at to top -- www.abovetopsecret.com... -- that way, visitors will go directly to the first account from rampagentX.

I think this speaks volumes for the quality of people and discourse here -- that someone who appears to be a credible witness choose to share his observations with us.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have two questions:

1.) Why do some witnesses state that the UFO exits the area by flying to the east and some state that it flew straight up?

2.) Approximately how many people witnessed this event?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Is it true this thing appeared on election day?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
FYI - The FAA is working on my FOIA request. I'll post what ever they send me.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I find it very interesting that None of the witnesses to this incident have reported seeing Any evidence of the object having some form of propulsion. No propellers, no jet or rocket exhuast ports, not even surface discolorations that might indicate some form of reactive grid.

And yet the object was reported to be capable of very rapid verticle movement, at least; it was reported to have flown straight up "faster than anything any of us had ever seen", punching a hole in the clouds as it passed through them.

Furthermore, even when the object performed this rapid ascent, no one reports seeing any sort of exhaust or vapor trail, nor does anyone report any unusual sound (over and above the normal background noise of the airport).

RampagentX did, however report feeling what might have been a static discharge that might have been associated with the object's departure.

So this object appears to employ a form of propulsion unlike any known to be in current use by terrestrial agancies. However, a couple of possibilities do come to mind: Of course there is the Holy Grail - Anti-gravity, and then there is its near cousin, "Lifter" technology.

I might even go so far to suggest that the object in question might have employed some form of "Vaccuum-Cell" structural technology; basing my hunch on the object's size, shape, and possible symmetry.

These postulations may be seen to further tip the scale toward this object's terrestrial orgin, but let us not forget that even Earth's most advanced technology might be considered semi-disposable junk to an ET.

As to why did this object make an appearance over one of the busiest airports in the world, how about this:

In the likelyhood that this craft was un-crewed, it is entirely possible that it was in fact, capble of at least semi-autonomous operation. As such, is not possible that it would incorporate a "Fail-Home" mode; whereby any major system failure, such as communications failure, would cause the craft to descend to line-of-site altitude and hover until the failure was corrected or manual control brought the craft to ground?

So perhaps our mysterious visitor suffered a tempory malfunction and automatically homed-in on the strongest radio source in the vicinity, getting its bearrings, so to speak.

Still, "I Want To Believe!"

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
90% or more possibly of all true UFO sightings IMO are un-occupied probes.

Speaking of Ohare, I was there just last week and but I flew American and not United, usually I always fly out of the C concourse.

But someone should ask Rampagent X if there were any electrical system failures at C gates during this time period. Say electrical ground equipment acting flaky, electrical service outlets at paticular gates not functioning, acting as if not connected to the main breakers etc.

700 to 1,000 AGL I believe is close enough for the ION draw to cause electro magnetic interferance. So there should have been some abnormal electrical behavior in the area of C 17 gate or nearby due to the UFO's "electrical" draw on the surrounding atmosphere.

Either that or its a different type of craft completely that is not utilizing pulse scanning or Free Air ION conversion for internal systems.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Postal76
I have two questions:

1.) Why do some witnesses state that the UFO exits the area by flying to the east and some state that it flew straight up?

Maybe it was seen by people in different locations?
Perhaps some saw the object while it was moving 'east' and some only saw it stationary and then flying straight up.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi There guys.

I've been watching this case from the beggining as far as i can,the only info i can get about this is here at ATS,since i live in Portugal.I'm an assumed believer,because i'm not selfish enough to think that we are alone in the so called "Infinite" Universe.But that's not the question.

You guys keep talking about disclosure,that this is the smoking gun,and all kind of statements that lead to believe that this is make the(your)government come out of the closet aboout this UFO matter.Maybe it's because of my age(I'm 17),but i couldn't agree less.

Do you really think that a little event like this could make government sweat?Let's face it,a lot of people saw it,but could anybody tell FOR SURE that it was a Space Ship?Even if they could,who would believe?I mean,minority don't change masses.Of course a few people will turn out to be more believers,but i find very difficult to make public opinion change.
Think about the past,Roswell,the battle of LA,those were significantly bigger events,and who believed in them?They're the bibles of UFOlogists,but if you ask a random guy what was it,what will he answer?'That's from a Sci-Fi movie right?'. It became an urban myth.It is part of our culture,just like ghosts and spirits.Everybody likes to hear stories about it,but no one actually believes in it.

That's why we won't ever get a disclosure,because the government knows that (most of) his people are dumb,unless there's a world wide movement of ET's.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way.And i honestly hope i'm wrong(unless they're evil bastards).Maybe it's just my age,but i feel that people are jumping to conclusions way too soon.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Photographs and video in a few days

January 15, 2007
"Several researchers who are usually well informed tell me that in a few days there will be photographs and video of the event".

Source: about.com

Money, money, money. All about the negotiation. The issue with this is that because since so much time has passed since the event, the majority of people will just claim the footage to be hoaxed. They would have had enough time to create whatever images they like. . all in the name of the all mighty dollar.

Cant wait to see it though. . should be interesting!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

But someone should ask Rampagent X if there were any electrical system failures at C gates during this time period. Say electrical ground equipment acting flaky, electrical service outlets at paticular gates not functioning, acting as if not connected to the main breakers etc.

700 to 1,000 AGL I believe is close enough for the ION draw to cause electro magnetic interferance. So there should have been some abnormal electrical behavior in the area of C 17 gate or nearby due to the UFO's "electrical" draw on the surrounding atmosphere.

What IS interesting is that everyone he was around, including himself, had their body hair stand on end like it was effected by static electricity.

This is the one comment he's made that really raised my eyebrows. . .

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by playguy
Do you really think that a little event like this could make government sweat?Let's face it,a lot of people saw it,but could anybody tell FOR SURE that it was a Space Ship?Even if they could,who would believe?I mean,minority don't change masses.Of course a few people will turn out to be more believers,but i find very difficult to make public opinion change.

playguy
I've also expressed similar 'concerns' a couple of days ago, however I disagree with your last statement.

The difference between the O'Hare sighting and other sightings and cases, is that all of mainstream media picked up the story and looks like they are finally taking this subject seriously.

I believe public opinion can change, and is changing, and proof of that is the overwhelming interest people took in the story, beating the all time record of most read news on chicagotribune.com, and so on.

I just hope that mainstream media took an interest in the story for 'legit' reasons, and is not part of some other more obscure plan we're not aware of.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
rampagentX, I would also like to express my appreciation for your personal account. If I were you, you and any other witnesses should write down everything you can remember and keep adding to it if you recall anything more. Take pictures of the area where it happened with as much detailed information as possible. Even if you report this to UFO investigators, you should keep your own records in case you need them in the future. If you can’t go public now, you may be able to at a later date. Please keep sharing with us with whatever you are comfortable with.

This case is very interesting and will become even better if those photos are released, but it may be some time before the whole story is told. Even if it does, it will probably end up being just another event in a long list of unexplained events. Just once, I wish they would land and stick around for a while.

Thanks to all the contributors of this thread. Keep it up.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry then,as i told before,i'm not american,so i don't know anything in fact about the people's opinion there.I was commenting having in mind my thoughts and knowledge about people's mind and the way they think.But that's good.In europe,no one knows about that event.But luckily as it grows there on america,maybe media here will pick it up and start the buzz here too.

My only hopes is that they aren't doing that for share and more watchers.Remember,this is a taboo subject,and like violence and blood,people love to hear about taboo stuff.And some media can take that too far,and destroy what has been built until now.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join