It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project "ATS Dark Matter" -- The Evolution Continues...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
killer!

To the people working behind the scenes - thank you! you people never seem to stop working

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
OMG!!!

how cool

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Killer on my eyes.

My screen resolution is already set low for the contrast on the bright white screens most websites have, I can barely read this gray on gray.

Is this suppose to match the skys over the pond in Merry Olde England? Sorry, I know you can't please everyone.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I can't find the little Up arrows on the bottom that take you to the top of the page, even after highlighting. How'd they go missing?

And the times and dates on my Subscription page are even darker grays than the background.

Is this the right thread for the Complaints Dept?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
These color schemes are extremely difficult to read. Sometimes the text is invisible to view without highlighting it.

There's a reason why most newspapers are black print on a white background...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is a work in progress though. I think we are all aware that flaws exist, we just need to have some patience and push through them for the time being.

Some of us have spoke out against it already, before the job is done. I think the Admin deserve the opportunity to finish the job before we begin to announce our displeasure.

Transition can be tough.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
This is a work in progress though. I think we are all aware that flaws exist, we just need to have some patience and push through them for the time being.

Some of us have spoke out against it already, before the job is done. I think the Admin deserve the opportunity to finish the job before we begin to announce our displeasure.

Transition can be tough.

I couldn't agree more!!

With our positive feedback being constructive we can help to make the transition smooth.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Wrong post! I was responding to a thread in PTS and it showed up here?

[edit on 5-12-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well if first impressions count, I kind of like it, however the font color has to be changed. Like Grady and others have mentioned it is very hard on the eyes of older people and extrememly hard to read.

Or is this perhaps a conspiracy to get rid of the older members????? Hmmmmmmm.........

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Back at it...

I've been involved in lots of site redesigns... in some cases, for firms you may know. The biggest problem is not so much that people may not like the layout and colors of the new design, it's that they're presented with a new design. Familiarity is comfort, and disrupting that can be difficult.

In the "grand scheme of things", as we experimented with some design options, it became clear that we were reflexively moving ATS toward a more "mainstream" copy-cat of contemporary design paradigms in use by major websites. While I was pleased with the overall direction, the "spirit" of ATS as "conspiracy theory and alternative topics" destination had become lost. After a happy Photoshop layers accident, it became clear that we need to find a way to revert back to our dark roots (the site was originally a very dark gray) that lends a feeling of mystery and intrigue, while working to make it a very comfortable user experience.

The problem with the structure and layout of our current installation is that we don't currently have the server resources for a "sandbox"... a development version that insulates users from design changes and experimentation. And the complex nature of all the ATS modifications over the years combined with the layered templates makes design changes a linear and time consuming effort.

I also have some issues with the light text on dark background. A design that looks stellar in Photoshop can often breakdown in actual usage... so we are indeed working on a happy compromise of text/background colors that maintains the spirit of the new design direction, but delivers a quality experience. I fully expect the design tweaks to take place over the next few weeks, with the bulk of the major changes over the next 2-3 days.

In the end, our goal is always to deliver an exceptional website that is technologically, visually, and governed far better than any other online community. And the only purpose of our aspirations at such a leadership position is so that our members can be proud to say they contribute to AboveTopSecret.com.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Don't think of it that way. Look at it as "concurrent feedback". Imo, ATS is one of the best sites on the web, and the efforts of SO and others is very much appreciated. Any site could be improved, but the color scheme was not one area that I personally felt needed work. But that is just my opinion, of course.

When all is said and done, I hope that individual members will have the opportunity to select background and text colors that suit them. It is fair, I guess, to pay for them via points, although one should not have to break the bank while experimenting with various combinations.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow!! I love it!

I like it so much, I redesigned my avatar for the new look!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
...I also have some issues with the light text on dark background.

The white on grey is not so bad in the post area, but the light grey on the off white background found on the "MYATS" area is near impossible for me to read without eye strain.

I hope you address this area first.

Nice redesign. I look forward to seeing the vision in its entirety.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
very nice. I look forward to seeing the new features and design take full form.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I like the idea behind it all but the color contrast is very difficult to see at times, for example; if you try to 'find posts' from reading a person's existing post, the dates are unreadable in the screen where their other posts are viewed.
Also, in 'My ATS', the color contrast in the preferred forums sections are too light to read unless the lighting conditions are optimum.
I mentioned that the layout size is not fitting the screen as well....however I am sure that this is all being addressed at the moment. I just wanted to be constructive and helpful if possible. I know it's a work in progress and I am sure it will be great!

-Peace, Mondo

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The new look is great!!

SO, with all the work you do here, do you ever get a chance to eat/drink or be merry?

We may leave you no free time of your own, but all 50K + really love ya for it!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
There is much that has yet to be done. All will be right when it is done.

Let's have a little faith and LOTS pf patience.

Thanks...

Springer...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The text and background on the myATS page are a little too close in color, but I'm sure you guys'll take care of it.

Other than that, it looks great, nice change.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to do it!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I see the top buttons are now done (myATS etc) They look far better.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
There is much that has yet to be done. All will be right when it is done.

Let's have a little faith and LOTS pf patience.

Thanks...

Springer...

Hey Springer,

I think the vast majority of people here understand this process will take time to upload in sections.

Congrats on such a wonderful design!!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join