It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project "ATS Dark Matter" -- The Evolution Continues...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I couldn't think of a better way for ATS to be updated.

Great job, and thanks for all of your hard work.

No problems or complaints here, I absolutley love the new layout, and I can't wait to see the rest of it.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
files.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm with Sardion on the page width. It's kinda squished to the left with a broad swath of grey matter on the right.

What is the final page size going to be?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
It's kinda squished to the left with a broad swath of grey matter on the right.

Mine is squished the same way too. (Mac / Safari)

Love the new theme

[edit on 5-12-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Lookin good so far SO

Cant wait to see when its el fini

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well, Im always the one that hates change, so I dont really like it. Plus "I cant read some of the threads!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm diggin' it , SO (and Co.)

Merry Christmas to you , too!

And I guess I should quit buying background colors , till the changes are finalized.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Wow! Looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell you what you should of, sell the source code for this then sell is, competing with things like IPB. YOu'd be a millionare!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hmm, I just seen a Google ad for "Horny Matches.com" with a quite exposed woman. Is that new, too?

Overall the improvements looks good so far. My only complaint was the external sources seemed bright, almost to shine, but they seem tolerable now.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by Mephorium]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Wow! Looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell you what you should of, sell the source code for this then sell is, competing with things like IPB. YOu'd be a millionare!

Can't do that. It infringes on the license of the XMB software that this board uses(which is Opensource I belive)

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The text background is now more of a dark gray than black, much better for reading. But bold and italicized words don't stand out as much.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ohhh, my favorite shades of grey and black!!! all it needs is a touch of purple here and there and it would be perfect....for me anyway

actually I thought the light grey was a bit annoying to me, i'm happy it changed

Way to go SO!

CX

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Love it!

Best colour and design i've seen on a site for a long time. The grey text on black background might be a little hard to read for some people at times, but then again you can't please all the people all the time can you.

Definate improvement!

CX.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
[color=ADFF2F]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #ADFF2F
[color=98FB98]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #98FB98
[color=00FA9A]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #00FA9A
[color=00FF7F]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #00FF7F
[color=76EEC6]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #76EEC6
[color=7FFFD4]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #7FFFD4
[color=00FFFF]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #00FFFF
[color=00CDCD]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #00CDCD
[color=8DEEEE]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #8DEEEE
[color=97FFFF]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #97FFFF
[color=8EE5EE]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #8EE5EE
[color=AEEEEE]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #AEEEEE
[color=98F5FF]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #98F5FF

[color=FF8C00]Experiment with font colors.

[color=FFD700]Here's a website you can cut'n paste the hex numbers from.
Have 480 predesigned colours displayed.

[color=FFA500]It's very easy. Type/copy your tags rather than use the button option.

catless.ncl.ac.uk...

[color=BFEFFF]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #BFEFFF
[color=E0FFFF]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #E0FFFF
[color=B0E2FF]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #B0E2FF
[color=87CEFF]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #87CEFF
[color=63B8FF]These are different swatches of light bluegreens to deep sky blues. #63B8FF
[color=AB82FF]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #AB82FF
[color=CD96CD]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #CD96CD
[color=FFE1FF]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #FFE1FF
[color=EEAEEE]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #EEAEEE
[color=FFBBFF]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #FFBBFF
[color=FF83FA]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #FF83FA
[color=FFAEB9]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #FFAEB9
[color=FFB5C5]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #FFB5C5
[color=FF6EB4]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #FF6EB4
[color=FF3E96]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #FF3E96
[color=EE30A7]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #EE30A7
[color=CD00CD]These are different swatches of cold bluish shades to magenta/maroon. #CD00CD

[edit on 5-12-2006 by khunmoon]

[edit on 5-12-2006 by khunmoon]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I'm with Sardion on the page width. It's kinda squished to the left with a broad swath of grey matter on the right.

What is the final page size going to be?

i'm wondering that too it's small for me as well. Why did I have to get such a high resolution screen?

maybe we should put a big picture on this thread to stretch it.

I quite like it other than that though.

why is the writing in myATS a rather difficult to see grey?

[edit on 5-12-2006 by apex]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I would like to have more than one theme to choose from, cause most people don't like inverted colors in their text reading field.

Yes, I dislike inverted text colors (white text on dark background) in the main posting area and reason why most pro-sites don't use it is because it's less legible and increases eye strain. A computer screen doesn’t reflect light, it creates it and that's why eyes are more susceptible to fatigue with light text on dark backgrounds, which in turn can decrease participation and traffic.

MyATS has darkgrey letters on grey and hard on the eyes also.

On the readability of inverted color schemes

Dr. Lauren Scharff and student Alyson Hill of Stephen F. Austin State University shows the expected results - black text on a white background is the best rated combination for readability.
source link: (more information )

the most readable color combination is black text on white background; overall, there is a stronger preference for any combination containing black. The two least readable combinations were red on green and fuchsia on blue. White on blue and red on yellow were ranked fairly high, while green on yellow and white on fuchsia were ranked fairly low. All others fell somewhere between these extremes.

Also, in every color combination surveyed, the darker text on a lighter background was rated more readable than its inverse (e.g. blue text on white background ranked higher then white text on blue background).

A second study, at the Adaptive Technology Resource Centre of the University of Toronto, approaches the question in a more rigorous manner.
source link: (more information)

In order to assess whether the direction of the brightness difference (i.e. bright text on dim background vs. dim text on bright background) is of any importance in determining readability ratings, brightness difference was calculated as the difference between background and text brightness. In the case where the background was brighter than the text, this difference was found to be positive. For those images in which the text was brighter than the background, this difference was negative. The brightness difference was then plotted against the median rating, and yielded a ‘U-shaped’ plot, shown in Figure 6 (below). This plot suggests that the direction of the brightness difference does not appear to be of importance in determining overall readability ratings.

Inverted text colors will be progressively harder to read in the daytime because of higher ambient light levels also. When the geewhizo effect wears off, then legability becomes a prime issue...bank on it.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well I just logged in this morning, UK at 9:00 and it looks amazing. Lovely and dark, very slick indeed. I'm looking forward to more stuff as it comes in and I love it because it has come as a complete suprise to me!!.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
Well I just logged in this morning, UK at 9:00 and it looks amazing. Lovely and dark, very slick indeed. I'm looking forward to more stuff as it comes in and I love it because it has come as a complete suprise to me!!.

What a co-inkydink. I did too.
I was like

But it looks very schway. I really like the new look. Way to go Amigos!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
WOW!! The background looks much better now with a lighter shade of grey!
(Darn!! Can't get rid of them Greys. They're everywhere. Even in ATS colours!!)

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The new setting kicks @$$, keep up the good work.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join