It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project "ATS Dark Matter" -- The Evolution Continues...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
Mods et al.,

Good luck to anybody trying to scroll to the bottom of the page to see who is online right now, it's black on black and you have to tilt your computer back and forth to see anybodys name! This will be fixed I hope.

You must have your contrast maxed out or something is very wrong with your monitor. I can read the Member names perfectly in the list.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You must have your contrast maxed out or something is very wrong with your monitor. I can read the Member names perfectly in the list.

Springer...

He must be referring to the BTS homepage perhaps.

ATS home page is ok, as far as the member list, BTS is toooo dark. did not look at PTS.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think this may be a case of "things are changing as we speak".

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just about 85% of all traffic is coming to ATS. We're going to get the ATS changed finished, then migrate everything to PTS and BTS.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Perhaps the best looking site-
and best FEELING site-

I have ever seen...

Now all the hours I spend here wil be even MORE pleasurable,
at least aesthetically.

WAY TO GO- The DESIGNER is a GENIUS!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I personally think that the new layout is great. I personally prefer the light text on the dark background.... but,maybe that's just me.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Read this and tell me how long it is before your eyes start to bleed, the same is true of this forum. Every forum I use is dark text on a light background and theres a reason for that, it works.

I think that's why they didn't choose a bright white as the text color, but rather a grey color. That site was very annoying, but I don't see how you are comparing that to ATS, when they are so obviously not the same colors.

I'm not an expert on this or anything, but I think the level of contrast and brightness has a lot to do with why people are either loving it or not. I have a fairly bright screen (27") with a high level of contrast and digital vibrancy for gaming and watching movies, so the Black text on a white background would make me feel zombified if i stayed on it too long; this new style however, is much easier on my eyes and looks awesome to me.

I would have to squint slightly after a while just to be able to look at the white screen, but the black one..... well it feels like i could stay on here for hours and not be bothered.

Way to go guys, so far so good for the new design!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hmm, with such a split in membership opinion on the new color scheme, maybe the solution is to keep things as customizeable as possible. Maybe not on the main page, which is fine, but on the way the forum and text colors are displayed under new posts, and in individual forums. Maybe offer an option or two or three for theme layouts, and please include the previous color scheme!

The customizing option worked well during that last episode when PTS was automatically integrated into the "New Posts" display. By letting the members customize what they wanted to see there, you pretty much covered all the bases, and everyone was ultimately happy. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OMG this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7

Originally posted by Flyer
Read this and tell me how long it is before your eyes start to bleed, the same is true of this forum. Every forum I use is dark text on a light background and theres a reason for that, it works.

I think that's why they didn't choose a bright white as the text color, but rather a grey color. That site was very annoying, but I don't see how you are comparing that to ATS, when they are so obviously not the same colors.
Theyre not the same colours but that site is simply a more extreme version of this one, but the same principle applies that its very hard on the eyes. That site hurts my eyes instantly whereas this one makes my eyes go funny after a couple of minutes. This site is as annoying to me and it looks like others as the other site is to you.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Hmm, with such a split in membership opinion on the new color scheme, maybe the solution is to keep things as customizeable as possible. Maybe not on the main page, which is fine, but on the way the forum and text colors are displayed under new posts, and in individual forums. Maybe offer an option or two or three for theme layouts, and please include the previous color scheme!

The "split", statistically, is

Ex

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"Excuse Me"
( with hand raised-from the peanut gallery)

Could someone PLZZZZZZZZ add a
Back to Top of the page
and
Last Post Button

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No Chance of ATS Chat getting a "dark matter" revamp also ,no? heh

[edit on 5-12-2006 by Russian soldier]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No offense, but this bleakness is very hard on the eyes,(so far anyway), and
slows my reading time down to a snail's pace.
Am I the only one that finds this hard on the eyes? What happened to "user-
friendly" ?
I'm all for change but this makes everything slower!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Any Color You Like...

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I heard things... I heard things...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit to add: I know that's not exactly what you're getting at, but I expect an evolutionary process.

[edit on 12/5/2006 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
No offense, but this bleakness is very hard on the eyes,(so far anyway), and
slows my reading time down to a snail's pace.
Am I the only one that finds this hard on the eyes? What happened to "user-
friendly" ?
I'm all for change but this makes everything slower!

Yes, While i think the black matter theme looks awesome ,my eyes are killing me right now and i have to look away every 60 seconds or so i dunno what it is about it , it just frys your eyes and gives you a slight headache

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I really don't get the problem that people are having with reading the new Dark Matter format. I'm having no trouble with it at all (aside from areas that are not yet finished).
Is it maybe just an issue with the contrast of their monitors?
A lot of my computer time is spent editing images so I'm a stickler when it comes to my monitor settings.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
At the top of every ATS thread... there are now four options... try 'em.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think some of the critics here need to let the site come to full fruitition before they start griping. In a week from now,if you still have problems with the site,the by all means, complain away. At least give the moderators time to make adjustments before you deluge them with complaints. By the way, as I have already stated,I think you all did a great job. I do have one complaint,but I will save it until I see exactly how it all will pan out. Good job guys.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well,I'll go ahead and say it. I can barely see the edit button on my posts...It's awfully dim.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join