It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Questions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn

This has to be the third funniest thing I have ever seen in my life.

`
I`d like to give my detectives opinion,just in case you guys have overlooked the obvious...

I think its just Lance Armstrong trying to dodge a urine test.He shouldn`t be hard to find,he`s a white guy in tight shorts with shaved legs and a heap of gold medallions hanging around his neck.

Best bet,not to look for that description during Mardi Gras

Do I get a reward?

But geez he can motor!

The first vid,that wouldn`t be standard police practice would it? It looked more like a movie stunt.Would he get a bit of an ear chewing for it?

By the way James seriously you being 6`8" do you hear whispers of godzilla a lot in Japan? I`m 6`2" and tower over most Asians.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I love it when school kids run after me say, "Gojira, Gojira" it gives me a great laugh. I do tower over most people here. I hit m head occasionally on doorframes, because the standard door frame here is only 6'6".

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
JM,

Just caught the video...

Funny as all get out!!!!!

Semper

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Which video did you like the best?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Oh no doubt the "Truck Bed Arrest"

That was outstanding!!!

Semper

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hmmm...

I have a question. Let's say, two roommates got into an argument. A punch was thrown, and the police called. The roommate that threw the punch left for the night before the police showed up. The next day the roommates both apologized and made amends. Is there anything the roommate that called the police can do to dismiss the assault charges he made the night before?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Now understand this varies from state to state..

But in the three states I have experience in it goes like this...

Misdemeanors are carried by the victim. They sign the warrant, they pursue the prosecution with the assistance of the state. The State can as well, but it is rare...

Felonies are carried by the State with no need for the victim's actual cooperation other than as a witness/victim. The victim can also be compelled to testify, but that VERY seldom happens..
In a Felony, only the state can "drop" the charges.

So to answer your question, it depends on the nature of the assault. Whether it was a Misdemeanor or Felony assault...

Semper

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
So to answer your question, it depends on the nature of the assault. Whether it was a Misdemeanor or Felony assault...

Semper

Misdemeanor in the state of Michigan.

This happened to my buddy last night. I told him I would try to help him out.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by LostSailor]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, how much training do they go through??? I am sure it is tough but sometimes i think mabe they should work harder because most police are pretty fat... sorry. But i feel like if they are not in shape how would they chase someone or protect proporly...?!?!?!? Am i really htat wrong...?
peace

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxylad-ay
Well, how much training do they go through??? I am sure it is tough but sometimes i think mabe they should work harder because most police are pretty fat...

Well, from what I understand. They work out quite a bit. But the doughnut diet is pretty heavy in sugar and carbs.

Sorry for the fat cop humor! I'll
now...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I can tell you here in Australia they've had to drop the requirements for entry a fair bit because they just weren't getting enough enrollments each year to keep up with the retirements.

My Father and both my uncles were in the force for over 20yrs and they all ended up a bit on the heavy side.

One of my my younger sisters is also in the federal police, she's currently posted to the UN in New York as a liason officer with our diplomats.

Dont know where i went wrong!!

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Why do police Officers only use German Shepards? I heard it was because they were color blind?!?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1011
Why do police Officers only use German Shepards? I heard it was because they were color blind?!?

I'm pretty sure Dobermans and Rottweilers have been used in police forces around the world. Havent checked but i also think British police may have used Airedales many years ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Correct Mojo,

Also the Bull Mastif, Labrador and Blood Hound and even some mixed breeds in smaller departments with limited resources..

The vast majority are German Shepard for a number of reasons...

1. VERY Smart
2. Good Nose
3. Several Major Breeders that breed them just for K9 Work...

Semper

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thanks for all that info, I always wondered why only 1 dog, now I know there are more breeds used.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I believe that there are even some Chow's out there....

I have always been in departments that use the Shepard, so I am used to getting bit by them.. HAHAHAHAHA

Semper

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I believe that there are even some Chow's out there....

Semper

That'll get those drug dealers laughin' so hard they'll gladly give it up.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
For those interested...

blog.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

Semper

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxylad-ay
Well, how much training do they go through??? I am sure it is tough but sometimes i think mabe they should work harder because most police are pretty fat... sorry. But i feel like if they are not in shape how would they chase someone or protect proporly...?!?!?!? Am i really htat wrong...?
peace

After a long period of 12 hour shift while riding around in a car you can put on some weight pretty easily, most of the time I had toi eat on the go instead of taking a lunch break. Most of the time you eating fast food as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join