It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Do movies/shows like "The Wire" accurately depict the police force?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I havent hearrd of "The Wired" but probably, no.

EDIT: Evil Santa Props for the doraemon

[edit on 14-12-2006 by JamesMcMahn]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Originally posted by CYRAX
why did those officers shoot 50 shots at that man

Yeah, this case does raise serious questions -- and doubts -- about the New York City Police. Poor training? Overwork? Hyper-vigilance? Racism? Trigger Happy? Lack of Control? Poor Communications? Fear? The reasons, the causes, the excuses...take your pick. They are probably endless but, nonetheless, there are reasons... some we can guess, some we can't and some...well, I bet there are some reasons that we couldn't even venture a thought towards.

What I do know is that not every many or women who dons a uniform with a promise to "serve and protect" did so just to be able to "crack heads" (no pun intended) and to pump a few 'justified' rounds into a 'perp'. Sure, like the priesthood attracts molesters, it would be likely that the police might attract the ilk who get their kicks from power or, rather, its' abuse. But this doesn't account for all of the 'good priests' or, for that matter, 'good cops'. They aren't all bad! One thing for certain, I wouldn't necessarily want to live in this society without them

A lot of peoople join the foce with the potential power going through their heads but that is knocked out of them. Plus everyone doesnt pass if the Major of the academy thinks your morals a low or thinks that you will be scum they will kick you out of the academy.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Is there anymore questions? I can even answer most court questions.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
yeah how does one go about evicting a pair of drug dealing squatters living in the apt. unit that shares a common wall with me?

The apt. manager is scared of them, their aunt who lets them live there even though the building owner isn't aware of it,and they aren't on the lease. Aunti-she was picked up by the FBI about 2 months ago and then they moved in.

So should I go strait to the buildings owner becuase the manager feels that they are threatening his life but won't do anything about it like call the cops, cause, well, he's also one of their customers. So what should I do? Call the police, the building's owner? If I call the police is there a way I can do it so that I remain reasonably annonymus? I'm concerned about them breaking out my car windows in the parking lot, which they have done recently to other "complaining" rent paying tenants.

Also, farther down the hall I have a crack dealer (literally) who has the same relationship with the apt. manager. I can't afford to move anytime soon, and I want to be able to walk to my car in the buildings secured lot, without fearing that i will walk around a corner into one of them in the act of doing a crack transaction, and the I'll kill you if you say anything look that they give. Advice?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oh yeah I forgot to add that the crack dealer is about 250 lbs, 6-1 and has been to jail 7 times and he's only 32. Picture Debo from the friday movies. And he's told people in the building before that he would kill them if anybody ever talked. he's a guy who acts without thinking and has no one to keep him in check now that our in house Navy SEAL resident moved to florida. Nobody acted up when he was around, but then even the cops were scared of this guy. Seriously how do we get rid of the guys. We tried evicting the crack dealer once (the manager tried) but found out that even though he isn't on the lease his girlfriend is and he's bought groceries once for the apartment thereby "establishing" himself there in the eyes of the judge, and she's violating her section 8. what should I do?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Go to a payphone call 911 and tell them you heard screams and what sounded like a gunshot. Then 2 days later call your local police dpartment and complain tell them your situation. (excluding the 911 call)

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i have another question...sometime around november me and my buddies got a dui. however the stupid cops didn't give ne tests, draw any blood, and on top of that they didn't tow my car to the place i asked them to. is there any way i can fight this? my court date's the 30th.

also, how come you didn't answer my other questions?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hi!! I'm glad to see you're okay and secure enough to start this thread. I haven't been on ATS for while, but I did worry about you while I was gone.

On to 'new business.' Very cool of you to open yourself up like this! In fact, a few weeks ago, I had some questions (for a cop)and was going to start a thread, but... I didn't. So, I'm going to find the questions and ask you later today.

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
I am awaare that the NYPD is the second most trigger happy police force in the US.

Well, I'm glad you said that. You've reaffirmed my initial impression of you.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
i have another question...sometime around november me and my buddies got a dui. however the stupid cops didn't give ne tests, draw any blood, and on top of that they didn't tow my car to the place i asked them to. is there any way i can fight this? my court date's the 30th.

also, how come you didn't answer my other questions?

If they didnt gve you anytests then you can have it thrown out easily.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
First I would like to say that I am really enjoying this thread. The answers that you give are straight forward and concise. I like that.

I was wondering about a topic that might lean a bit towards the subject matter, that is have you ever had any experiences that would be, well, difficult to explain? Let me clarify this; have you ever had any sort of experience that was simply impossible to explain on a police report? You know, UFO's, hauntings, shadow people? For that matter have you ever had any experience where you might have seen a crime that could be labeled as being "satanic"?

There might be additional follow-up questions to this (depending upon your answers) but it would be interesting to hear your experiences.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have three weird eperiances to relate to you.

1. I am 6'8" and have taught combat hapkido, so when I was an officer I usually had very little trouble subduing suspects, one time I was responding to a B&E and I found the suspect a few blocks over from the scene, I tried to alk to him and he attacked me. I wasnt expecting much of a fight he was only 5'8" 101lbs, I turned out to be very wrong. I used the whole force continuom: Hand to hand, Clearout spray, taser, ASP baton I couldnt take him down in the end it took 6 other officer and I. Later drug tests revealed that there was nothing in his system.

2. We caught a 19 year old that had been found with 100 SuperKools(cigarettes with PCP added). We had him handcuffed and in the back of a cruiser I had told another officer to stay out there while we talked to some of the people that had witnessed the incident, when we went back out the door of the cruiser was laying on the road and the suspect was nowhere to be seen.

3. I responded to a shots fired call, when I arrived on the scene it was quiet, all of a sudden I was hit in the chest (thank god for body armor) I felt a rib give way. I responded by running to my trunk and taking the Kittykat out of the trunk. I returned fire and scored quite a few hits (a lot of blood was found on the side walk, yet somehow he managed to run away he was never found.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

1. I am 6'8" and have taught combat hapkido, so when I was an officer I usually had very little trouble subduing suspects, one time I was responding to a B&E and I found the suspect a few blocks over from the scene, I tried to alk to him and he attacked me. I wasnt expecting much of a fight he was only 5'8" 101lbs, I turned out to be very wrong. I used the whole force continuom: Hand to hand, Clearout spray, taser, ASP baton I couldnt take him down in the end it took 6 other officer and I. Later drug tests revealed that there was nothing in his system.

2. We caught a 19 year old that had been found with 100 SuperKools(cigarettes with PCP added). We had him handcuffed and in the back of a cruiser I had told another officer to stay out there while we talked to some of the people that had witnessed the incident, when we went back out the door of the cruiser was laying on the road and the suspect was nowhere to be seen.

I found these two incidents quite interesting (especially the first one) because of the "superstrength" both examples depicted. Obviously adrenalin (in the first case) and PCP somehow heightened the perps strength. Just realizing that you don't necessarily know what you are dealing with until it's too late must be daunting.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
As a police officer, how do you view marijuana? Do you believe that it a substance that should be banned? When compared to alcohol and "harder" illicit drugs, how does pot rate?

Considering that marijuana is comparatively non toxic (there has never been a death reported from marijuana in it's known history), don't you feel that resources are being wasted trying to stop marijuana? Couldn't those resources be better used to combat crack, heroin and crystal meth?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I feel thaat pot is a pointless waste of money like cigarettes and alcohol, but if it was leagl we would have a lot of people staying high all the time not contributing to society in the least that is my view, like it or lump it.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
Hi!! I'm glad to see you're okay and secure enough to start this thread. I haven't been on ATS for while, but I did worry about you while I was gone.

On to 'new business.' Very cool of you to open yourself up like this! In fact, a few weeks ago, I had some questions (for a cop)and was going to start a thread, but... I didn't. So, I'm going to find the questions and ask you later today.

I am awaare that the NYPD is the second most trigger happy police force in the US.

Well, I'm glad you said that. You've reaffirmed my initial impression of you.

I hope it isnt a bad one I never liked to used my fist, ASP, taser, etc. I always liked to talk the situation out and it ticks me off when you find an officer out there who is just looking to shoot someone so he can get a 30 paid administrative leave.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

I found these two incidents quite interesting (especially the first one) because of the "superstrength" both examples depicted. Obviously adrenalin (in the first case) and PCP somehow heightened the perps strength. Just realizing that you don't necessarily know what you are dealing with until it's too late must be daunting.

I Personally think the third is the weirdest, I know 6 rounds from the assault rifle hit him I think another few might have still be in him. I still to this day cannot figure out how he got up and ran away, not only that buy he outran me(I ran for 45 minutes each morning back then).

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
what do you think of people who call the police because that's all they can do? for example...somebody gets threatned and they freak out and decide to call you guys, instead of handling it themselves. they call you and the situation gets fixed. down the road they get threatned again, call you guys, you guys save em..etc etc..

do you think the reason that some cops carry out police brutality is because deep down they know they're in a thankless profession?

I think a lot of officers loose it because of how limited you are nowadays, you have to go to court every other day because prisoners are filing frivolous lawsuits just because they can, you have to release people that you know are guilty as sin just because they have a good lawyer, You have people filing complaints just because they think that you took to long to get there, once you become a police officer you have no social life all of your friends who are officers eventually grow to nervous and fade away from you. So yes it is a thankless job and I can tell you that every officer snaps sometimes its just a question of how bad.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

This is another informative thread I made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join