It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know any prisoners dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I won't go into any detail except to say my brother was in prison, minor offense, first time in prison, not a habitual offender, after getting out he died within five months of cancer, so the other day a friend called and is telling me how strange she thinks it is that a friend's family member had just gotten out of prison and died of cancer, same type. Neither of these two men had any cancer related illness in their past or family history, both were in their mid 40's and both came out of prison and died within six months of release.

The drs kept asking if my brother had worked in a chemical plant, which he never did, made me feel they felt he was exposed to something, he went from looking and acting healthy to being dead within three months.

Anyway there have been cases of the gov. testing stuff on prisoners without their knowledge. Anyone know anyone who died shortly after getting out of prison of cancer? TIA

[edit on 27-11-2006 by goose]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I don't know of anyone that has died like this.

Were they the same types of Cancer?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes they both died of prostate cancer. No history in our family or the other person's that has family that is friends with my niece. She asked instantly suspicious since she also knew my brothers history. Also since they are both from pretty much the same area they were both in the same prisons, my brother was moved several times.

My brother died three years ago and there has not been a case of cancer before or since, his in our family, none in past generations we can find, it is so clear that there is none in our family history that a dr. told my aunt we don't have any in our genes, and that she should just not worry too much about getting it.

I'm wondering if they aren't testing some kind of fast growing cancer and are purposely using people with no family history of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I should have said earlier that I'm really sorry about your brother.
Whats really odd to me, is that usually this is a slow growing form of cancer.
I'm not sure what to make of this.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thank you, that is very kind.

You would not believe how quickly he went, we found out he had cancer on Tues, the drs. said he had a bout a week to live and by Friday morning he was dead. He had lost a tremendous amount of weight in a two month period of time he went from being a healthy looking 208 lb man to a probably at the most 125 lbs. Of course he had trouble getting good medical treatment, no insurance, he was looking for a job and had gotten one but had to go into the hospital the day he was supposed to have started the job.

I can't help but think since the other guy died the same way with the same history, that it is rather suspicious and since I know the history of the US testing drugs on prisoners I could not help be suspicious. Of course my suspicions don't mean much and I don't really know how to can get ahold of any data that might tell me anything.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Of course my suspicions don't mean much and I don't really know how to can get ahold of any data that might tell me anything.

Also i would like to say, sorry for your loss.

I suppose, unless there was an autopsy carried out, his death certificate would just say cancer, no?
But definitely sounds suspicious.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I am terribly sorry for your loss

I have heard of other cases like this. Something to do with "routine medical exams" in prison. Wouldent suprise me if the government was testing something out on prisoners in this country.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Am super sorry for your loss - but arn't there many less obvious places that the US could realistically get away with this kinda research (not that I am suggesting that it has occurred)?

Like camp x-ray etc?

Again, this would not surprise me in the least.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Am super sorry for your loss - but arn't there many less obvious places that the US could realistically get away with this kinda research (not that I am suggesting that it has occurred)?

Like camp x-ray etc?

Again, this would not surprise me in the least.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Thank you all for your condolences, your kindness means a lot.

Also the fact that you agree that it does at least look suspicous, I was a little afraid I might be losing my marbles so to speak.

Also the fact that he did receive some medical care in prison made me become even more supsicious as he was healthy and did not complain much about every little problem he might encounter. I remember reading a page or two of medical records he had with him, stuff like the dr seeing him about not being able to sleep, since he was imprisoned at the time it just seemed odd that he could see a dr for something like that.

I pretty much felt like they had to come and get him and tell him to tell them his problems, my brother would never have sought medical treatment for something like that, my Mom gave them to me to read shortly after he died, I was pretty much in shock and since I am the only other child in the family I had a lot of thank you notes and all of that stuff to take care of.

It was only after I started thinking about the medical care he received while discussing it with you guys, that I remembered reading that paper. I will ask her if she still has it.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have a friend that works for the DOC in my state, I know that they do not test anything on the prisoners here. What state was he incarcerated in?

Guessing from the type of cancer, I would have to wonder if it had something to do with the prison lifestyle in general. Without going into gross, and inappropriate descriptions here, think of the reasons that they give the Medical Exams that were mentioned above. Like smuggling contraband around on the grounds. If someone were involved in the moving of drugs in a facility by that method they could very well be exposing themselves to some rather harsh chemicals directly in that area. This I besides the other obvious activity that is well known to occur in prison.

Either way sorry about your loss, and I will ask my friend if he knows anything about this kind of cancer being an issue in the prison system.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yes defcon5 please do ask your friend but I will really be surprised if your friend just doesn't think I have lost my sanity. Ask him or her if they are aware of previous testing of prisoners in the past? BTW He was incarecerated in Va. .

Zenspider, camp x-ray???
As for prisoners not being a good group to test, why not? They are where you have complete and total control of them, you also have a probation officer on the outside making reports about why they have not found a job, reporting back to their superiors about illness complete with medical reports and documents to prove it.

Also if someone becomes suspicious who is going to ever listen to someone with a prison record? In truth their the perfect group, their in your complete and total control including medical care and they have no political clout and no one is going to believe a word they say.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by goose]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I will ask him about it, but I doubt there was any in the recent past. They might have gotten away with doing things like that years back, but not in the modern DOC. The state is responsible for those prisoners, and they are pretty well taken care of medically. Since my friend, actually works in the medical facility, I hear about the medical aspects of their prison all the time. In some ways the prisoners have better care, and more rights and protections then you or I have.

One thing that I know from him is that when the Doctors that deal with the prisoners prescribe a medication, the prisoner has to take it. If they refuse to take the medication then it goes to a judge and he issues a order for the guards to send a crash team in to force them to take it, usually in a mega dose. However at the same time those prisoners are often taken to real hospitals, under guard, were they receive the same level of treatment that any other civilian would in that hospital. Point is that there is not some whacko DR out there that works solely within a DOC department that could be giving inappropriate medication, or doing chemical testing on a prisoner. Anything medical is monitored by various levels of people including: facility medical personnel, hospital personnel, and judges.

BTW was this a federal or state facility?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
1. Where was he incarcerated?
2. What security level was he classified at?
3. Did he have a job in prison? If yes, what area did he work in?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Federal I think. Petersburg was one place he was at.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ok, heres the thing...Im not a paranoid girl, but, and however, I think that I was subject to testing while I was in jail- california. It wasnt just jail though, it was like some huge conspiracy with this "clinic" type place...right. They took a lot of blood from me. Ill admit, I was using a little bit of meth...but it never made me paranoid before. There are about 4 or 5 days that I cannot account for. And then like 2 weeks later I was arrested, for practically no reason, and they kept coming in and taking my blood pressure...and monitoring me. They let me out, but get this...lost my case for like 9 months. It didnt show up in any records, and then all of a sudden, theres a warrent out for my arrest. SO i go to take care of it, and they put me in rehab for 6 months, where I had to take "medication" for being "bi-polar". Im not on any medication now and I am doing fine. But there they monitored my health, and I had to give pee samples and such over a period of time. Its been 2 years, but its hard to reconcile in my mind what happened.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm not derailing this thread, but Shescrafty said " But there they monitored my health, and I had to give pee samples and such over a period of time. "
Dear, you were in a rehab. That's common.
To the OP. Given the large populations in prison, and (in general) the lack of care said population shows their health before, or during times between terms, it doesn't surprise me that cancer shows up.
Take the same amount of people that leave the military, see how many have, or get cancer.
Is there a conspiracy ? IMO, no. It's just a numbers game.
I'm sorry one of your loved ones rolled snake-eyes, but playing a "conspiracy theory" angle is not the answer.

Just my opinion,
Lex

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Its simple, innoculate any prisoner with a concoction of radio active material under the guise of a tetanus shot or what ever.

The goal of something like this would be to test their vaccines on inmates getting ready for the wider population control that Dr Pianka talks about.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Lexicon,
I see your point...but and however, how easy would it be for them to monitor someone that they can take samples like that from? I mean, who's going to believe a drug addict, #1, and who is going to care, #2. Its like taking a transient, or someone who doesn't really exist...why not on prisoners, or people in society that no one would notice or pay attention to anyways. Is there anybody out there that has had any wierd experiences...liken to these?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ever heard of the ACLU ? My Lord, it seems prisoners have more rights than I do.
Heck, I gotta pay for cable tv !!
If anything untoward was going on, the far-left bleeding heart lawyers would be on it like stink on...well, you get my drift.

Lex

top topics

join