It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cease Fire in Gaza!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A cease fire between Palestine and Israel began at 6am Sunday. Israel withdrew all troops from Gaza and Palestinians vowed no more rockets to be fired. I hope they can both keep their word. I just worry that some disgruntled palestinian will of course want to break the cease fire and not abide by the agreed treaty and cause a ruckus. There is bound to be someone that will not want to see a ceasefire. I just hope that israel will overlook it if it happens and just go after the perpetrators.

I wish them both luck.

Sources: Cease-fire could hasten PM-Abbas meeting

By Avi Issacharoff, Aluf Benn and Jack Khoury, Haaretz Correspondent

Israel and the Palestinian factions in Gaza began a cease-fire on Sunday at 6 A.M., following an agreement reached between Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and the Palestinian factions.

The Israel Defense Forces said all troops were withdrawn from Gaza in the hours before the cease-fire began.

Minutes before the ceasefire went into effect, Palestinian militants in Gaza fired at least three Qassam rockets at Israel.

Source

Pie

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Finally.
i just hope it will last although i doubt it. if the palestinian will keep their promise im sure israel will not break the cease fire. and i also hope that the palestinians wont take advantage of this for a "Build Up" and stop their arms smuggling, this can only cause problams and could use as a pretext for israel.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko
Finally.
i just hope it will last although i doubt it. if the palestinian will keep their promise im sure israel will not break the cease fire. and i also hope that the palestinians wont take advantage of this for a "Build Up" and stop their arms smuggling, this can only cause problams and could use as a pretext for israel.

A Rabbi in Israel called for vigilanti style warfare against Palestine yesterday, so let me ask you this: If one of these "vigilante" militiamen were to attack Palestine or Palestinians should that be considered a breach in the cease fire?

Is it not possible that there will be someone from another faction who does not want peace and lobs a qassam into Israel, should that be considered a breach of cease-fire? This has always happened before and the entirety of palestine gets the blame as well as the PA. Maybe The israelis should have some patience when it comes to things like this and understand that maybe something will happen but it doesn't necessarily mean its being carried out by the PA nor sanctioned by them.

If something does happen the IDF should go in, boots on the ground along with PA troops and seek out the perps and kill them with small arms instead of bombing entire neighborhoods and killing innocents. This is going to take time as well as patience.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

A Rabbi in Israel called for vigilanti style warfare against Palestine yesterday, so let me ask you this: If one of these "vigilante" militiamen were to attack Palestine or Palestinians should that be considered a breach in the cease fire?

Is it not possible that there will be someone from another faction who does not want peace and lobs a qassam into Israel, should that be considered a breach of cease-fire? This has always happened before and the entirety of palestine gets the blame as well as the PA. Maybe The israelis should have some patience when it comes to things like this and understand that maybe something will happen but it doesn't necessarily mean its being carried out by the PA nor sanctioned by them.

If something does happen the IDF should go in, boots on the ground along with PA troops and seek out the perps and kill them with small arms instead of bombing entire neighborhoods and killing innocents. This is going to take time as well as patience.

if a "vigilante milita man" (i suppose you mean settlers) will attack palestinians they will retaliate. but it will not happen and you cant compare this to the daily attacks from the palestinians.

also you are talking about patience... let me giggle for a second.
what about palestinian patience? you are forgeting that the qassam attacks are sponsored/overlooked by Hamas, the elected goverment, and you can get a prove of that by this cease fire... if they want they can stop the qassam so dont BS me.
moreover, this is not the first cease fire and israel know what to expect from the palestinians so i can assure you that if the palestinian will attack israel will retaliate with full force.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've got CNN International on and they're reporting that the cease fire has already been broken by rockets fired from Gaza into Israel.

I don't think Israel has done anything about it yet though.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

what about palestinian patience? you are forgeting that the qassam attacks are sponsored/overlooked by Hamas, the elected goverment, and you can get a prove of that by this cease fire... if they want they can stop the qassam so dont BS me.
moreover, this is not the first cease fire and israel know what to expect from the palestinians so i can assure you that if the palestinian will attack israel will retaliate with full force.

Thats absolutely ridiculous if you actually believe the government is going to go ahead and bother with making a cease-fire agreement and turn around 5 mins later and break it on purpose. Makes no sense to go through the trouble when they could just keep firing without a ceasefire.

So you believe there are no groups possibly acting on their own and its all organized by Hamas or Fatah?

Im sorry but I disagree. After all these years of killing, I believe that there are groups on either side of the border that will continue the fight regardless of what the respective governments agree to regardless of wether or not they can rekindle a fight. I think it is their goal to do such a thing. Wether it be for vengence or profit I don't know, but I can't see why they would go through the hassle of an agreement if they just want to continue lobbing rockets.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
the palestinians and lebanese egyptians are weak in fighting isreal all they do is hate and paranioa they are pathetic that doesnt do anything.they should get real guns.afghan style

[edit on 26-11-2006 by muhlis]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Do you think that Isreal want peace with palistine? You would have to be crazy Isreal want and will construct attacks against its self to retaliate against palistine with "full force" as you say.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
When saw the title of this thread I almost expected it to be a joke. A cease fire in Gaza? Surely thats impossible.

Anyway how long is this really likely to last though? i'd give it a day.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2

Do you think that Isreal want peace with palistine? You would have to be crazy Isreal want and will construct attacks against its self to retaliate against palistine with "full force" as you say.

you have proof for that? no huh... so shut it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Shut it, shut it. Are you stupid or something huh? did you not hear about isreals Mossad (secret Service) pretending to be muslim terrorist and forming a terroist cell i believe it was in syria. what do you think they wre doing that for huh?

Before you tell me to shut it wit ur rude self! try asking why i made that statement

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Shut it, shut it. Are you stupid or something huh? did you not hear about isreals Mossad (secret Service) pretending to be muslim terrorist and forming a terroist cell i believe it was in syria. what do you think they wre doing that for huh?

Before you tell me to shut it wit ur rude self! try asking why i made that statement

give me proof that israel will attack itself in order to retaliate against the palestinians or else shut up. ignorant.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon ... said that al-Qaeda militants were operating in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon. "We know that they are there. We know that they are in Lebanon, working closely with Hezbollah. We know that they are in the region," he said. [BBC News - 12/5/2002]

The FBI lists Gadahn's aliases as Abu Suhayb Al-Amriki, Abu Suhayb, Yihya Majadin Adams, Adam Pearlman, and Yayah.But Adam Pearlmen is his REAL name! Adam is the grandson of the late Carl K. Pearlman; a prominent Jewish urologist in Orange County. Carl was also a member of the board of directors of the Anti-Defamation League, which was caught spying on Americans for Israel in 1993, much as AIPAC has been caught up in the more recent spy scandal.

Follow Link for full storey

I must add that zionist believe as Moses said that all of that land is theres and the none jews occupying it should have been wiped out. some still want to finish the job thier ancesters could not finish.
And after you have read the articles DeMitsuko then maybe you might see how and why isreals mossad would do such things.

Read and Weep

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon ... said that al-Qaeda militants were operating in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon. "We know that they are there. We know that they are in Lebanon, working closely with Hezbollah. We know that they are in the region," he said. [BBC News - 12/5/2002]

The FBI lists Gadahn's aliases as Abu Suhayb Al-Amriki, Abu Suhayb, Yihya Majadin Adams, Adam Pearlman, and Yayah.But Adam Pearlmen is his REAL name! Adam is the grandson of the late Carl K. Pearlman; a prominent Jewish urologist in Orange County. Carl was also a member of the board of directors of the Anti-Defamation League, which was caught spying on Americans for Israel in 1993, much as AIPAC has been caught up in the more recent spy scandal.

Follow Link for full storey

I must add that zionist believe as Moses said that all of that land is theres and the none jews occupying it should have been wiped out. some still want to finish the job thier ancesters could not finish.
And after you have read the articles DeMitsuko then maybe you might see how and why isreals mossad would do such things.

Read and Weep

i asked for proof that israel will attack itself, like you said, and you give me what? the adam pearlman story? WOW. you said that israel will attack itself and im still waiting for that proof, although im sure you cant supply so just be quit.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ok so proof is hard to come by especially in the world of espianage, the mossad are amongst the best intelligence agency's in the world so proof would be hard to come by unless they wre cought in the act, and talked which is unlightly even then it may not not be made public due to the reaction it could cause. And if it is made public then it wont be through reputable western media as its not in the public interest!

So you ask for proof, what kind of proof would satisfy you???

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Ok so proof is hard to come by especially in the world of espianage, the mossad are amongst the best intelligence agency's in the world so proof would be hard to come by unless they wre cought in the act, and talked which is unlightly even then it may not not be made public due to the reaction it could cause. And if it is made public then it wont be through reputable western media as its not in the public interest!

So you ask for proof, what kind of proof would satisfy you???

look... i dont really want proof, because i know there is none. i just want you to understand that not everything is conspiracy and as long as no proof is showen you cant make false claims based solely on bunk sites with no real evidance.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Qoute

The United States government has been provided with concrete evidence that the Israeli Mossad and other Israeli intelligence services have been involved in a 13-month effort to "recruit" an Israeli-run, phony "al-Qaeda cell" among Palestinians, so that Israel could achieve a frontline position in the U.S. war against terrorism and get a green light for a worldwide "revenge without borders" policy. The question: Does the United States have the moral fiber to investigate?

Evidence of the Israeli dirty tricks burst onto the public scene on Dec. 6, when Col. Rashid Abu Shbak, head of the Palestinian Preventive Security Services in the Gaza Strip, held a press conference revealing the details of the alleged plot, as his agency had put the pieces together. The revelations undermine the "big lie" that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has used to justify new brutal attacks on Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip and other occupied areas. Sharon claimed on Dec. 4 that Israeli intelligence had "hard evidence" of al-Qaeda operations in the Gaza Strip. Now, the top Palestinian leadership has shown the United States and other nations how Israeli intelligence entities were creating that al-Qaeda link!

Link

I concur there is no direct "credible" proof, but if there is any truth to these storys like the one above then you must be able to see my reasoning. and of course the war on terror will have many benefits for america and its allies. namely economic and more controlle of their people.
And i agree not everything is a conspiracy but the truth is often stranger that fiction and thus not believed.

No smoke without fire matey

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Qoute

The United States government has been provided with concrete evidence that the Israeli Mossad and other Israeli intelligence services have been involved in a 13-month effort to "recruit" an Israeli-run, phony "al-Qaeda cell" among Palestinians, so that Israel could achieve a frontline position in the U.S. war against terrorism and get a green light for a worldwide "revenge without borders" policy. The question: Does the United States have the moral fiber to investigate?

Evidence of the Israeli dirty tricks burst onto the public scene on Dec. 6, when Col. Rashid Abu Shbak, head of the Palestinian Preventive Security Services in the Gaza Strip, held a press conference revealing the details of the alleged plot, as his agency had put the pieces together. The revelations undermine the "big lie" that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has used to justify new brutal attacks on Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip and other occupied areas. Sharon claimed on Dec. 4 that Israeli intelligence had "hard evidence" of al-Qaeda operations in the Gaza Strip. Now, the top Palestinian leadership has shown the United States and other nations how Israeli intelligence entities were creating that al-Qaeda link!

Link

I concur there is no direct "credible" proof, but if there is any truth to these storys like the one above then you must be able to see my reasoning. and of course the war on terror will have many benefits for america and its allies. namely economic and more controlle of their people.
And i agree not everything is a conspiracy but the truth is often stranger that fiction and thus not believed.

No smoke without fire matey

The LaRouche Movement is an international political and cultural movement which promotes Lyndon LaRouche and his ideas, including a number of conspiracy theories. The organization includes interlocking think tanks, magazines and newspapers, national political organizations, a political action committee, and youth cadre. The LaRouche Youth Movement is active worldwide.

Though often dismissed as a bizarre political cult, the LaRouche organization and its various front groups are a fascist movement whose pronouncements echo elements of Nazi ideology.[1] Beginning in the 1970s, the LaRouchites combined populist antielitism with attacks on leftists, environmentalists, feminists, gay men and lesbians, and organized labor. They advocated a dictatorship in which a 'humanist' elite would rule on behalf of industrial capitalists. They developed an idiosyncratic, coded variation on the Illuminati Freemason and Jewish banker conspiracy theories. Their views, though exotic, were internally consistent and rooted in right-wing populist traditions.

en.wikipedia.org...

LOL. please stop you are embarrassing yourself.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The rocket attacks by Hamas and Islamic Jihad tempered hopes for a lasting cease-fire, which was meant to end five months of deadly clashes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

source

Well, we all can see what Hamas and Jihad mean by truce. They mean they continue rocket attacks and expect to retaliation.@@:

As usual, they -Palestinian’s- talk peace while continuing to attack.

Hamas' own militants claimed responsibility for firing rockets into Israel after the truce took hold, clouding prospects for the truce's longevity.

Source

Islamic Jihad also claimed responsibility for firing rockets into Israel and a spokesman, Abu Hamza, denied his group had signed on to the truce, contradicting statements from Islamic Jihad leaders

Source

So the elected gov of the Palestinians “Admit” they broke the truce and will continue to do so.

Clearly there can be no peace with animals that don't want peace, but only to murder and kill!!!

[edit on 11/26/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

So the elected gov of the Palestinians “Admit” they broke the truce and will continue to do so.

Clearly there can be no peace with animals that don't want peace, but only to murder and kill!!!

mrmonsoon.

I think hamas wants to provoke israel so that they can, once again, say that israel have no patiance. it happend before and it will happen again. of course, not before they complete their "Build Up".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join