It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cease Fire in Gaza!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They are all idiots...the Israelies for believing there would be a truce and the Arabs because...well they are Arabs and keep doing this stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
OK, there will be decorum in this thread or the red flags will fly.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The attitudes here are exactly why Israel will always be in constant state of War. read the Talk-back comments it can really show you a lot about what people on both sides feel and to me there are people on both sides that absolutely do not want any type of peace to occur and people on either side wants the other wholly out of the country. These are the people that woul be willing to do anything in order to cause the ceasefire to fail at any cost.

As far as the Mossad goes Demitsuko, there have been agents of Mossad caught and arrested in Palestine attempting to create terrorist cells , so in effect he is right that there are people willing to go that far. Had they not been caught in the early stages of recruitment who knows what might have gone on later. It was an operation similiar to that here in Miami where they told those people at the masonic lodge they were Al-Queda and began to fund them.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
The attitudes here are exactly why Israel will always be in constant state of War. read the Talk-back comments it can really show you a lot about what people on both sides feel and to me there are people on both sides that absolutely do not want any type of peace to occur and people on either side wants the other wholly out of the country. These are the people that woul be willing to do anything in order to cause the ceasefire to fail at any cost.

As far as the Mossad goes Demitsuko, there have been agents of Mossad caught and arrested in Palestine attempting to create terrorist cells , so in effect he is right that there are people willing to go that far. Had they not been caught in the early stages of recruitment who knows what might have gone on later. It was an operation similiar to that here in Miami where they told those people at the masonic lodge they were Al-Queda and began to fund them.

ok. im not going to argue this any farther cause its a little bit off topic but:

those agents you are talking about were palestinians that got paid to be informants and/or to do some other activities that will benefit israel. no where it was written or said that those agents were suppose to orgenize attacks against israel with the acknowledgement of the israeli goverment/secret service.

if you have an unbiased source that suggests otherwise please post.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I know I'll be considered anti-semetic, but I'm curious so I must ask questions... Didn't Isreal go in and force the Palestinians off their own land after WW2? I mean what possible claim could they have after 2000 yrs of absence. I'm just curious because if that is the sum of events, then doesn't the Palestinians have every right to continue to fight?

I know as an American, the irony of me pointing this out as we did the same to the native Americans, but I don't think I'd blame them for still acting against us either.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If this ceasefire was so easy to acomplish..
why has it taken so long?

why was so much men and material streaming into gaza to tackle israel,
then just call peace?

Why were rockets fired AFTER the peacedeal?

Im happy they are talking and agreeing,

But I dont see this as meaning much..

Sure, the palestine officials may be talking to israel on terms of peace,
but hamas and its followers arent part of the fatah government,
wernt they recently on the brink of civil war themselves?

I think the whole peace thing is a cover,

I mean israel has already halted its incursion.

And as the rockets fired AFTER the peacetime show,

the government may want peace, but all the finatical palestinians whom support HAMAS.. arent spoken for by fatah.

PLUS,
Fatah can now just plead innocence.

''hey, i want peace, i signed up for peace. I cant control the militia that dont listen to me ''

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
I know I'll be considered anti-semetic, but I'm curious so I must ask questions...

It's not anti-semetism. I believe that is one major misunderstanding Israel has tried to propogate, to those who disagree with any of their policies. There are many Jews who disagree with Israel, and view their acts of oppression and violence as evil. They teach that Zionism does not equal Judaism, so in effect, opposing Zionism is not "anti-semetism." Here's a site run by Rabbis dedicated to ending Zionism.

This peace agreement will not hold for the certain fact that if even one act of violence is committed on either side, whether by accident or on purpose by a small rogue group, everyone will pay for it. If Israel is really committed to a peace plan, they can help rebuild what they've destroyed in the Gaza (homes, apartments, schools, Mosques and so on). This would give way to a better footing for a peace plan.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

It's not anti-semetism. I believe that is one major misunderstanding Israel has tried to propogate, to those who disagree with any of their policies. There are many Jews who disagree with Israel, and view their acts of oppression and violence as evil. They teach that Zionism does not equal Judaism, so in effect, opposing Zionism is not "anti-semetism." Here's a site run by Rabbis dedicated to ending Zionism.

Zionism is the love for israel. its like saying "ending the american patriotism". maybe its not anti-semitism but its an objection for the existance of a sovereign country. its bad enough.

Originally posted by DJMessiah

This peace agreement will not hold for the certain fact that if even one act of violence is committed on either side, whether by accident or on purpose by a small rogue group, everyone will pay for it. If Israel is really committed to a peace plan, they can help rebuild what they've destroyed in the Gaza (homes, apartments, schools, Mosques and so on). This would give way to a better footing for a peace plan.

as long as the palestinians attacking israel, they will get no prize for this.
moreover, the palestinians get money from abroad to give it to their people but what are they doing? buying more weapons. if they realy wanted to help themself they should use this money for rebuilding their infrastructure instead of useless qassam attacks on israel.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The US government was closely involved in planning the Israeli campaign in Lebanon, even before Hizbullah seized two Israeli soldiers in a cross border raids in July. American and Israeli officials met in the spring, discussing plans on how to tackle Hizbullah, according to a report published yesterday.The veteran investigative journalist Seymour Hersh writes in the current issue of the New Yorker magazine that Israeli government officials travelled to the US in May to share plans for attacking Hizbullah.

Quoting a US government consultant, Hersh said: "Earlier this summer ... several Israeli officials visited Washington, separately, 'to get a green light for the bombing operation and to find out how much the United States would bear'."

The Israeli action, current and former government officials told Hersh, chimed with the Bush administration's desire to reduce the threat of possible Hizbullah retaliation against Israel should the US launch a military strike against Iran.
"A successful Israeli Air Force bombing campaign ... could ease Israel's security concerns and also serve as a prelude to a potential American pre-emptive attack to destroy Iran's nuclear installations," sources told Hersh.

Yesterday Mr Hersh told CNN: "July was a pretext for a major offensive that had been in the works for a long time. Israel's attack was going to be a model for the attack they really want to do. They really want to go after Iran."

An unnamed Pentagon consultant told Hersh: "It was our intention to have Hizbullah diminished and now we have someone else doing it."

Officials from the state department and the Pentagon denied the report. A spokesman for the National Security Council told Hersh that "The Israeli government gave no official in Washington any reason to believe that Israel was planning to attack."

Hersh has a track record in breaking major stories. He was the first to write about the abuses at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and has written extensively about the build-up to the war in Iraq. He made his name when he uncovered the massacre at My Lai during the Vietnam war. Most recently he has written about US plans for Iran, alleging that US special forces had already been active inside the country.

Source

This is just another reason why isreal and america for that matter do not want peace with the palistinians, true peace just would not add up especially when oil is at stake (Money that is) ???

[edit on 27-11-2006 by reaper2]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2

This is just another reason why isreal and america for that matter do not want peace with the palistinians, true peace just would not add up especially when oil is at stake (Money that is) ???

The Israeli action, current and former government officials told Hersh, chimed with the Bush administration's desire to reduce the threat of possible Hizbullah retaliation against Israel should the US launch a military strike against Iran.
"A successful Israeli Air Force bombing campaign ... could ease Israel's security concerns and also serve as a prelude to a potential American pre-emptive attack to destroy Iran's nuclear installations," sources told Hersh.

and now please explain how did you conclude that money is involved? or what the connection between this and the palestinians? or this thread for that matter.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko
if they realy wanted to help themself they should use this money for rebuilding their infrastructure instead of useless qassam attacks on israel.

Yes so this way when a handful of miscreants decide they will throw a qassam into Israel , Israel will fly in a few f-16's and destroy the newly rebuilt infrastructure.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Zionism is the love for israel. its like saying "ending the american patriotism". maybe its not anti-semitism but its an objection for the existance of a sovereign country. its bad enough.

Actually the term Zionism or Zionist has evolved into meaning the belief in a "secular" Israel with only Jews living in Israel, not all Jewish people support this or believe in it.

Wikipedia - Zionism

While Zionism is based in part upon religious tradition linking the Jewish people to the Land of Israel, the modern movement was mainly secular, beginning largely as a response to rampant antisemitism in Europe during the 19th century. At first one of several Jewish political movements offering alternative responses to the position of Jews in Europe, Zionism gradually gained more support.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   

if they realy wanted to help themself they should use this money for rebuilding their infrastructure instead of useless qassam attacks on israel.

Yes so this way when a handful of miscreants decide they will throw a qassam into Israel , Israel will fly in a few f-16's and destroy the newly rebuilt infrastructure.

its nice to see that you enjoy other people suffering, and that once again you contributed nothing to the discussion.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

its nice to see that you enjoy other people suffering, and that once again you contributed nothing to the discussion.

So aside from your offering typical Israeli propaganda in regards to how money is spent in Palestine, what have you brought to the table as far as solutions?

If Im wrong about infrastructure then prove it. Lets start with the Palestine International Airport.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So aside from your offering typical Israeli propaganda in regards to how money is spent in Palestine, what have you brought to the table as far as solutions?

If Im wrong about infrastructure then prove it. Lets start with the Palestine International Airport.

i dont remember giving any propoganda it seems that you confuse me with yourself. and i cant do much here with offering a solution cause it seems you will just laugh off anything rational and just go on with your slandering of israel.

oh and as we speak.

www.ynetnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.ynetnews.com...

yet another breach on the cease fire by the palestinians.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by DeMitsuko]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

and now please explain how did you conclude that money is involved? or what the connection between this and the palestinians? or this thread for that matter.

Mmm possible connections.

1, America/Isreal needs cheap oil, securing iraq and irans oil supply's cheaply it's a good start

2, Iran hates Isreal ands trying to help hezzbolah with their attack so when Isreal attack with "overwhelming force" The muslim world will be more inclined to take Irans view point and pehaps help them out when thier in a bit of bother.

3, and in relation to this thread, its clear all of these partys are involved and must be either part of the problem or part of the solution.

And DeMitsuko i don't believe you have gevin any proof for why thses things arn't and won't happen, just the same old proper-ganda we all see on the mainstreem media.

Oh and are you sure it's another breach by "palestinians"

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I feel Israel should just stop negotiations with Palestine. I feel the Palestinian Government is being faithful while the terrorist arm propels rockets and suicide bombers into Israel.

Crush them. Not woman and children, though the palestinian suicide bombers really don't care who they tear apart when they set off that #.

Crush them. I'm so tired of seeing signs here at our ATS place of places "Boycott Israel Goods"...
It's all nonsense.

Dallas,
the Irish

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Mmm possible connections.

1, America/Isreal needs cheap oil, securing iraq and irans oil supply's cheaply it's a good start

we are talking about the palestinians, so ill just wont comment about iraq and iran. theres plenty of threads about it.

2, Iran hates Isreal ands trying to help hezzbolah with their attack so when Isreal attack with "overwhelming force" The muslim world will be more inclined to take Irans view point and pehaps help them out when thier in a bit of bother.

same as above.

3, and in relation to this thread, its clear all of these partys are involved and must be either part of the problem or part of the solution.

And DeMitsuko i don't believe you have gevin any proof for why thses things arn't and won't happen, just the same old proper-ganda we all see on the mainstreem media.

i can give you million things that you cant prove if they will happen or not, whats the point??

Oh and are you sure it's another breach by "palestinians"

dont even go there

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

yet another breach on the cease fire by the palestinians.

I always find it funny of course when Pots call Kettles black. You point out breaches in cease fires by rogue militants yet you probably think that Israel which is a democratic government and thats the entire state acting as a whole, not rogue militants, breaks accords and resolutions on a daily basis just by living in setttlements on Palestinian land. Just the IDF being in the West Bank is a breach of boundries. Thats Palestine its not Israel. I can come up with productive solutions but all you can think of are critisisms aimed at the Palestinians but what you voluntarily decide not to see is what Israel does. I can see what both sides are doing. You as a zionist can only see one thing and thats any excuse to rid Israel of Palestinians.

If you were so worried about peace why else would you bring up the fact that Palestine spends a paltry sum of money on small arms and maybe explosives when Israel spends Billions of AMERICAN money on countless offensive and defensive weaponry when they too (AS WELL AS THE USA) could be using that money to do better things?

Is Palestine spending Billions on a apartheid wall to keep out Jewish people?
Is Palestine spending Billions on Prisons to house thousands of Jewish people in?
Is Palestine spending hundreds of millions on Bulldozers to raze Jewish homes?
Is Palestine spending Billions on F-16's and attack choppers to bomb and attack Jewish people?
Are Palestinians closing border crossings to starve and choke Jewish people for weeks and months at a time?
Are Palestinians blocking access to Kibbutzem in Israel forcing Jewish people to starve?
Are Palestinians blocking access to wire transfers from family members abroad to needy Jewish in Israel?
How many roads have Palestinians built that forbade traffic to Jewish traffic?
Can you tell me how many Illegal Palestinian settlements forbidden by law there are in Israel?
When was the last time a Palestinian set up a checkpoint in Israel to check Jewish people for proper ID's?
When was the last time you heard about Palestinians denying entry to a Jewish citizen wanting to visit a dying relative in Israel?

Just curious.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You as a zionist can only see one thing and thats any excuse to rid Israel of Palestinians.

somehow, and without no actual reasoning, you chose to display me as a genocidal maniac. i dont know why but if im such a mad-man that want to get rid of all the palestinians then why do you keep talking to me and asking me questions?

in the light of this i concluded that its pretty worthless talking to you. i will not put you on ignore but i will not bother with you anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join