It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jesus Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA
In Scripture, which you deny is true, we have clearly defined - Jesus is God as is the Holy Spirit.

I do not deny Scripture, but Spiritually and willingly accept it. I occasionally have the problem of thinking bigger than myself and question parts of it, but I generally accept it as the Living Word.

If God sometimes sees Himself as the Son, who does He think is His Father? For the Trinity to be accurate, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, God, and Jesus Christ must all mean the same thing. Is this true? Why not just one name?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Would Christianity exist if it were not for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ? If so, would war war be more prevalent? If not, would war be more prevalent?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Would Jesus Christ in Heaven tell you that He was accurately quoted in the Bible?

Would Jesus Christ in Heaven tell you that His physical description on earth in paintings, sculptures, and representations are accurate?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What was Jesus Christ's diet, besides fish and bread? Did His diet enhance His Spirituality? Did He drink alcohol? If He did, did this enhance His Spirituality?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Did Jesus Christ reject all world religions? At what age? Is He pleased with past Christianity or today's Christianity? Was one of His main purposes on earth to create a new religion?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If Jesus Christ were born in 1973, would He be crucified this year? If He were born in any nation in any year, would He always be crucified at age 33?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Did Jesus Christ "absolutely truly" have a body, or was He an Infinitely Spiritual person? If He did have a body, where are His bones?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
queenannie38, are you having a bad day?

GreatTech, i have NEVER had a day as wonderful as this day EVER! And it is just the first day of blessings for everyone...not just me, but ALL MEN.

Today is the day you have been waiting for....you aren't getting what you expect, I know...christ is supposed to come in clouds...well he did...the word for clouds in Hebrew is transliterated: anan

The bible is a puzzle...a code...i cracked it because i wrote it...with help...

Now there is nothing else for us to worry about anymore except loving each other!

NO more sin...NO more worrying about will we make it to heaven or go to hell...nothing bad is before us!

We all have them.

No doubt! I had a few REALLY bad ones....
I got through them! And I'm still smiling!

Let me remind you that God loves you and so do I!!! You are brilliant with words (I have told you this once before).

I know, GT - I KNOW God loves me....he is my Father...and your Father! My brilliance with words is not annie's intelligence! God is speaking to you through me - that is why! You must believe 'on he who he sent.'
Shiloh...sent. I would NEVER lie to you, GT - or anyone...especially about something this BIG...and I don't even lie to myself anymore. (who would tell such a lie to self? too hard to believe when true much less a lie! )

You are heard from me and I have always appreciated your comments.

NOT 'my' comments, GT! NOT at ALL....these are the Father's words! Each and every one of them!

I am praying for you, queenannie38!!!
Thank you...I know you care for me. Pray for other people instead of me! I am in very good hands and I know it. Everyone is but they do NOT know it. Pray for that.

God Bless You!!!
Oh no! GOD bless YOU, my friend....abundantly.

I only said what I did because I know there is love in your heart and I want you to WAKE UP....resurrection day is here! But it's more than 24 hours...it's until we all wake up!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What was Jesus Christ's diet, besides fish and bread?

Whatever was available...he was VERY poor.

Did His diet enhance His Spirituality?

It did not even enhance his physical health! HE was VERY poor.

Did He drink alcohol?
Sometimes. Mostly water.

If He did, did this enhance His Spirituality?

Not as much as other things would have. Which I cannot mention due to the rules of the forum!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Would Christianity exist if it were not for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ?

The resurrection happened today, GT ! Let's wait a while and then ask again!

If so, would war war be more prevalent?

War is going to stop, for ever, very soon!

If not, would war be more prevalent?

Done that already...how much more prevalent can it be than every single day for 7000 years?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I do not deny Scripture, but Spiritually and willingly accept it.

YOU are a sincere one, no doubt!

I occasionally have the problem of thinking bigger than myself and question parts of it, but I generally accept it as the Living Word.

It is not as alive as we all are....we all speak words...we are all are the WORD!

If God sometimes sees Himself as the Son, who does He think is His Father?
He doesn't see himself. Period.

For the Trinity to be accurate, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, God, and Jesus Christ must all mean the same thing.

It isn't accurate, in that sense....All ARE ONE but that includes everyone! ALL OF US.

But God the Father is not the same as the son...God the father is pure spirit,

Is this true? Why not just one name?
There are millions of names - all souls are the son, too!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Would Jesus Christ in Heaven tell you that He was accurately quoted in the Bible?

Basically, yes...the meanings are the same. Not untrue at all.

Would Jesus Christ in Heaven tell you that His physical description on earth in paintings, sculptures, and representations are accurate?

#1 He is not in heaven - never even been there...not once.
#2 And NO. they are not....he was younger and he was not that great looking at all - he had some deformities.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Did Jesus Christ reject all world religions?

No, he was a Jew, remember? But he didn't go by the Judaism of the day - just according to the Torah. The Pharisees regarded him as an enemy because he rejected all but Moses's law.

Is He pleased with past Christianity or today's Christianity?

NO....not no but HELL no...but it's okay - we'll fix it!

Was one of His main purposes on earth to create a new religion?

No - his only desire was to obey God.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Did Jesus Christ "absolutely truly" have a body, or was He an Infinitely Spiritual person? If He did have a body, where are His bones?

The dug them up in 1968. The year I was born, as annie, BTW. I was as human then as I am now.

bones

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If Jesus Christ were born in 1973, would He be crucified this year? If He were born in any nation in any year, would He always be crucified at age 33?

He was not 33....28.

He was not born in 1973 but 1968. No crucifixion ever again, GT! I have help and I have given life twice WE ALL HAVE given our lives over and over and over again...NO more.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA
In Scripture, which you deny is true, we have clearly defined - Jesus is God as is the Holy Spirit.

I do not deny Scripture, but Spiritually and willingly accept it. I occasionally have the problem of thinking bigger than myself and question parts of it, but I generally accept it as the Living Word.

If God sometimes sees Himself as the Son, who does He think is His Father? For the Trinity to be accurate, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, God, and Jesus Christ must all mean the same thing. Is this true? Why not just one name?

Well GreatTech we have at least a place to start from. I appreciate your reply and also your good questions.

What I mean by saying that you deny Scripture is that you seem, at least in the past, to deny those areas of Scripture that show God to be a God of Wrath as well as a God of Judgment. You seriously need to ask yourself "Why?".

You also seem to reject the Scriptures where Jesus Himself claims to be God and where the NT writers claim Jesus is God, again, "Why?".

It's because you have formed a bias or a preconceived notion of God and Jesus outside of Scripture. You say to yourself, "God could not be like this or that. God must be more like this and that. So obviously when the Bible talks about God being a God of Wrath and Judgment it must be wrong." If you hold to Scripture being God-Breathed then you will allow it to form your thoughts about God. Scripture reveals to us Gods nature and His attributes and this is where a proper theology starts from.

As an example let's look at a heart surgeon. You go to a heart surgeon for a needed by-pass and as you ask certain questions of the surgeon you get an uneasy feeling about his knowledge. Through more questioning you find that he has formed he own opinions about surgery outside of the normative practices of medicine. Are you at ease being under this doctors knife?? I doubt it as you would want a doctor that knows the heart inside and out and has went through all the proper schools of medicine. A doctor that knows the nature of the heart and its actions. Likewise we should desire to study God so that we can know better His nature and actions. It is our greatest goal to become more and more in tune with God, His nature and Will.

Now, on to your questions.

Your question itself is in error....not the asking of it but rather how it is formed. You asked -

If God sometimes sees Himself as the Son, who does He think is His Father?

Jesus has ALWAYS been God the Son so asking if "God SOMETIMES sees Himself as the Son....." is revealing a misunderstanding of the Trinity. The Persons of the God-head are co-equal and Eternal. They can never be seperated nor can they "sometimes" not be God. To illustrate the Trinity many theologians and laymen have used a link of chains as an example. They state that the Trinity is like 3 chain links yet a chain link can be seperated as the Triune God cannot. It has been said the trinity is like water when it can be frozen, melting and vapor all at the same time and while this is a better analogy it also fails for this is not the natural state of water but must be placed in such a state. God is again ALWAYS in a Triune state.

A better analogy or example would be to liken the Trinity to a triangle. A triangle is always a triangle with 3 equal and joined corners. If you were to draw out a triangle in one corner you place Jesus, in another God and in the last one the Holy Spirit. Now as with all analogy it fails when pressed to far. Some may claim that a triangle can be seperated and yes this is true BUT if seperated it could no longer be called a triangle, correct? So likewise if one seeks to seperate the Trinity then it could no longer be the Trinity, correct?

Lastly St. Augustine gave up a very personal analogy of the Triune God using love as its base. The act of love involves 3 parts. You must have a lover and a beloved and also between those two a "spirit of love". Love, a true and mutual love, does not exsist unless these 3 are present. So God is the "Lover", Christ Jesus is the "One loved" and the Holy Spirit is the "Spirit of Love".

When one prays they are praying to God the Father THROUGH or "in the name of" Christ Jesus. So yes, the name "God" encompasses the Trinity much like "one nation" describes not only America but ALL people within America. In Scripture Israel was called "one" yet there were millions of them. In marriage a husband and wife join to become "one (echad) flesh" yet they are two people. If my memory serves me correct God is never written of in the singular sense within Scripture but rather a plural sense.....at least in Hebrew.

So you can call upon the Triune God with one name for God is God.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Who is Jesus Christ?

He is:

I AM, Emmanuel, Lamb of God, Savior, Bread of Life, Good Shepherd, The Way, Alpha & Omega, Advocate, Messiah, Holy One, Meson of God.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Would Christianity exist if it were not for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ? If so, would war war be more prevalent? If not, would war be more prevalent?

No, it would not and, ironically, no it would not. The resurrection represented Christ's victory over sin and death, and through Him, ours as well. There would be no Christianity w/o the resurrection.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Jesus the Christ is duality made manifest..

Jesus the flesh

Christ the thought.

As he said himself, what will you do when you become two.

You either house CHRIST-Acceptance and Understanding of all things, (even death)
or
You house, the anti-Christ-non-acceptance and understanding of all things, (even death)
You house love or you house hate.

He was HUMAN.

[24:39] Behold my hands and my feet, that
it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh
and bones, as ye see me have. [24:40] And when he had
thus spoken, he shewed them [his] hands and [his] feet.
[24:41] And while they yet believed not for joy, and
wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
[24:42] And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of
an honeycomb. [24:43] And he took [it,] and did eat before
them. [24:44] And he said unto them, These [are] the
words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you,
that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the
law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms,
concerning me. [24:45] Then opened he their
understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

The resurrection represented Christ's victory over sin and death, and through Him, ours as well.

Yes but he cannot be born for you, cannot die for you, cannot eat a sandwich for you.. cannot take a leak for you...
But he CAN show you how to be born, how to die, how to eat a sandwich and if you need it, he can show you how to take a leak.... Perhaps CHRIST (not Jesus) was the one that showed you all those things, you just haven't acknowledged it yet..

[edit on 11/26/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That is excellent...

the WAY to life is accepting death and crossing through and over
it is just a door to pass through

on one side is Jesus
and on the other side the Father

the door is Christ

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join