It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Change the Definition of Religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
GT, my beloved, why do you not just ask GOD these questions that pertain to GOD and which you ask because of your intense devotion to GOD?

Why not?

He WILL answer you! Not on an internet forum; at least NOT under the user name of 'GOD'
-

but He has never failed to provide an answer to any soul who seeks Him out for His own sake and for their own....

Meaning not to preach and teach and hate and fight....not to make claims or to boast of 'knowing'.....rather as a Father is known by His Son...one and one through thick and thin.

And He is eagerly awaiting your direct questioning! Every minute of every day...He is there...waiting and listening.....

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
May I ask why you and your 'beloved' avoid uncomfortable questions?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i think the main defining point of religion is that it presents some view of what happens to you after you die beyond simply ceasing to exist

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Out of interest Queenannie and GreatTech, as you look down from your holy precipice,

What would you say if I told you I'd spoke to God?

[edit on 24-11-2006 by kegs]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i think the main defining point of religion is that it presents some view of what happens to you after you die beyond simply ceasing to exist

or it tells you there should never have been a physical death.

sure it speaks about dying in the flesh... but that just means not letting it control us, because we are thought, we are not bodies... bodies without thought are... well dead..
so when we flip the switch on the body and switch it into THOUGHT over FLESH instead of FLESH over THOUGHT we will effectively have WON over the flesh.. (we have effectively beaten satan) .. and now have control over the flesh.. instead of it screaming its hungry or needs to take a crap all the time.

Think of it this way... You won't need food.. because you will be THOUGHT...
We have slowly over the centuries become increasingly closer to our thoughts..

It used to take us YEARS to complete structures or manifest our thoughts..
but as we grew with knowledge we grew with understanding.. and we have come to the closest understanding of self yet... THOUGHT.
and once we make that shift.. We will be able to manifest our thoughts immediately.. the material (flesh) will no longer control us.. we will be in control of it.

To give an example I can use modern magic ideals..

I am thirsty.. (is the thought) the manifestation would be an instant beverage.... like materialising things out of thin air...

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Out of interest Queenannie and GreatTech, as you look down from your holy precipice,

I can only answer for me....but first I must clarify....

I once was on precipitious ledge...truly...but I fell all the way to the bottom of the rocks...and now I live on the valley floor...I don't like to live where it is 'wholey' because I have a tendency to fall through the floor! And I like the valley!

I would say: 'FAR OUT' and and
and tell you that He likes swisher sweets so next time you see Him you can surprise Him!
Don't tell Him who told you...just take the credit for yourself!

So....have you?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
SpeakerofTruth, which is more important, Spirituality or religion? How would you define Spirituality and religion?

Sprituality,at least in my opinion, is more important. Religion is indoctrination,spirituality is not. Spirituality is usually based around beliefs of a deity but not a set of doctrines that one must follow. Religion is indoctrination. Religion declares that you either believe a certain way or your "doomed."

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

SpeakerofTruth, which is more important, Spirituality or religion? How would you define Spirituality and religion?

Sprituality,at least in my opinion, is more important. Religion is indoctrination,spirituality is not. Spirituality is usually based around beliefs of a deity but not a set of doctrines that one must follow. Religion is indoctrination. Religion declares that you either believe a certain way or your "doomed."

How can one be above another? .. how can religion be above spirituality?

they are the same thing.. they are THOUGHTs (they are SPIRIT)....
Both are the same, one simply doesn't recognize itself.

EVERYTHING is THOUGHT, YOU ARE THOUGHT!

You are THOUGHT within a THINKING Machine.

Your bodies cells are alive and have memory and conciousness... who is in control? your cells and body? or YOU?, THOUGHT?

Your body speaks to you, because it believes you are uninformed..
your cells feel the cold, so they relay the message to your brain so you know of COLD....
Thus your cells shake 'trying' to 'keep' warm.. and you as THOUGHT are directly connected to them... so you have the ultimate choice to FEEL the cold as they feel it.. or to command them to retain their status of BEING.
Your body is an extension of you, that thinks for itself, and has you driving..
are you a professional driver yet?... I hardly think so.
Can you command your cells?... Do you even know your in charge?

edit: Have you not experienced a variation of all things? are you not familiar with the outside world yet? ... is it still a mystery to be confronted? or is it a reality to be accepted and no longer searched out?

[edit on 11/24/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

speaker, agree with you on this

i mostly cannot stand the religious, but i can stand the spiritual
why?
the spiritual tend to have open minds (though some of their minds are a bit TOO open) while the religious tend to have a confrontational view of theological discourse and are more closed minded

religion is something you're brought up with
spirituality is something you discover

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

considering this is the only question you have asked to up until this moment on this thread other than asking GreatTech if you could attempt to answer some of GreatTech's questions, and then answering them in the same post without waiting on GreatTech's permission which you asked for, sure her "beloved" will most certainly answer this question.

this is your first non-rhetorical question on this entire thread:

may we ask why you and your "beloved" avoid uncomfortable answers, even when they are true?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i think you can not show me anything that ceases to exist.

thanks for your opinion, though.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I would say you are absolutley right. you do talk to God.

but, i'd also say you don't listen to God.

because if you did hear God, then why would you have the need to ask my Queenannie and my GreatTech the question you did?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

considering this is the only question you have asked to up until this moment on this thread other than asking GreatTech if you could attempt to answer some of GreatTech's questions, and then answering them in the same post without waiting on GreatTech's permission which you asked for, sure her "beloved" will most certainly answer this question.

There HE is!

My hero not negative zero...or vice versa....LOL
All are beloved to me but you are my beloved!

And you answer me - instead of asking! Thank you!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Can violent religions be eliminated? Can the violence that they promote at least be reduced? Is a "religion" that has anything to do with violence really be a religion?

Historically recorded, Christianity is by far the most violent religion, so I would think you'd want to rethink your questions above

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think 'rethinking' the whole christian religion is better!

I personally wanted to raze all the churches to the ground...but I was told to do differently by TOM....

so it will have to be reconstructed after the Ideas are razed to the ground.

Totally bogus things that DID have a divine purpose now served.

EVIL shall slay the wicked
and those that hate the righteous shall be desolate...

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I think 'rethinking' the whole christian religion is better!

I personally wanted to raze all the churches to the ground...but I was told to do differently by TOM....

so it will have to be reconstructed after the Ideas are razed to the ground.

Totally bogus things that DID have a divine purpose now served.

EVIL shall slay the wicked
and those that hate the righteous shall be desolate...

My love.. do not confuse.. lol

the EVIL shall slay the wicked.. so easy to trick us.

the LIVE shall slay the wicked...

The flesh controlled by THOUGHT will slay the wicked flesh controlled by itself.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If you cannot see shadows then you are blinded by the light, PuRe!

Flesh causes shadows....and so it is good for us if we learn to get beyond its limitations.

Light is purity and is thought --- but if it has no reference point it is going to be unable to see everything and maybe anything.

YOU ARE very bright - don't forget!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
The flesh controlled by THOUGHT will slay the wicked flesh controlled by itself.

That doesn't make sense! Surely you mis typed it? Flesh does not control itself.

Thought controls all things, as you say!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Thought controls all things, as you say!

Thought among human beings does not control everything.

Our Action equals the sum of thought-consciousness, non-thought-subconsciousness, and non-thought-unconsciousness.

When God enlightens us, He brings our unconsciousness to subconsciousness, or subconconsciousness to consciousness.

Our consciousness brings our truth but not necessarily God's Truth, which is revealed at an appointed time.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Nevermind.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by kegs]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join