It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason Michael Richards Loses It...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
AMIGO EDIT:

Banned for persistent ranting, swearing, continued off-topic commentary when kindly asked by mods to stop, and then personal attacks towards a staff member.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Take it easy lets cool down the attitude here. I have a question about this. Has there been any news group that has said Micheal is a mason? He did screw though by going off. I remember Dice Clay getting ripped. All he did was make fun of the guy no racial stuff said but he shut the heckler up. I do hope Micheals doesn't get away with it and does get punished for what he said.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What more can really be said about him being a Mason? Everybody makes mistakes, even Masons. Everybody has their own personality and everybody has the potential to go off the deep end, Mel Gibson and Kramer included. If it's against some kind of Mason law or code of conduct, then I guess that's between all you guys (Masons). I'm sure many Masons have snapped and acted out on occasion, only not in the spotlight so it's not as big a deal I guess...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I agree we all snap. But what he said is uncalled for. Heres some quotes from www.imdb.com...

Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f**king fork up your ass." And then, when the playful heckling continued, Richards objected further, ranting, "You can talk... you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a n**ger! He's a n**ger...! Look, there's a n**ger!" One of the hecklers then turned on Richards
Darryl Pitts, feels Richards should be reprimanded for his racist comments. He tells CNN, "I feel like something has to be done about. He threw those words around very cavalierly, he mentioned hanging upside down from a tree... It's very upsetting."

That's uncalled for. I feel that anyone not just a mason. Lets say a priest, christian youth worker, or anyone in a high position should be removed from or severly demoted in the organization. How cruel to say such things. It's sad and heart breaking that this has happend

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I believe it was said that the hecklers were making fun of his career. Saying things like you haven't done anything since Sienfeld. And saying he was a washed up has been. I have been to a couple of stand up shows. When they first get on stage there is always someone who heckles them just for fun. A true comedian would have a few good comebacks and shut them up. He went way over the line. How come no one has answered my question. Has any news media said this guy is a freemason? Just curious to see if any has made mention of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Warhol
I agree we all snap. But what he said is uncalled for.

I agree. He said some very mean things. Maybe he has an explosive anger problem, in which one sometimes says the meanest, cruelest things they can in the heat of a moment when other things are already wearing on you, then feels terrible about it afterward because they don't really feel that way. It happens quite a bit with us aries, I know it happens to me, maybe he is an aries too.

That's uncalled for. I feel that anyone not just a mason. Lets say a priest, christian youth worker, or anyone in a high position should be removed from or severly demoted in the organization.

Well, again, I can't speak for Masons. Maybe he isn't cut out for their brotherhood. That's their call....

How cruel to say such things. It's sad and heart breaking that this has happend

Yeah, it was mean to say, but like others have said, many say such cruel things with impunity and on a regular basis. And my personal belief, and from personal experience of saying horrible things I don't mean myself, is that he was probably already having a bad day and was pushed, to a point where he was overtaken by rage and instead of attacking physically, attacked verbally. Some people actually get violent (like Richard Simmons).

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
edit- double post

[edit on 21-11-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You are right about Richard Simmons. I forgot about that you just made my day that's a classic

When being famous like that you really have to be careful. Cause you are right their are people who do get away with it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"Masonry directs us to divest ourselves of confined and bigoted notions, and teaches us, that Humanity is the soul of Religion."-W.M.Hutchinson, "The Spirit of Masonry"

www.sacred-texts.com...

If this is true, then the Masons should definately reconsider using Richardson as a poster boy, and probably reconsider whether or not he is even Mason material.

Now, I'm not a Mason or anything (the idea of secret handshakes and such just makes me giggle), but I just phoned a friend of mine who is, and his opinion was "who cares?".

To me, though, what's the point of having rites, traditions, and philosophies and such if the group isn't going to live by them?

In case you're interested, here's an on-line version of "The Spirit of Masonry"
altreligion.about.com...

[edit on 21-11-2006 by subject x]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Has any news media said this guy is a freemason? Just curious to see if any has made mention of it.

I don't think enough people really know, or care about freemasonry for it to make the news. Most people have no clue what it is, I always thought masons built things, but I guess it's a lodge like Fred Flintstone belonged to, only it's been around a very long time and you don't have to build things anymore to belong to it? I dunno, oh well.

Oh yeah, and they seem to scare the crap out of Alex Jones...but what doesn't?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
AMIGO EDIT:

Banned for persistent ranting, swearing, continued off-topic commentary when kindly asked by mods to stop, and then personal attacks towards a staff member.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by SimonGray]

Oh come on Simon, this entire thread has become too heated. I liked DickBinBush he had a lot to offer our little community. Maybe think about letting him back? He needed a time out, but think about inviting him back?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Masonry directs us to divest ourselves of confined and bigoted notions, and teaches us, that Humanity is the soul of Religion."-W.M.Hutchinson, "The Spirit of Masonry"

www.sacred-texts.com...

If this is true, then the Masons should definately reconsider using Richardson as a poster boy, and probably reconsider whether or not he is even Mason material.

Now, I'm not a Mason or anything (the idea of secret handshakes and such just makes me giggle), but I just phoned a friend of mine who is, and his opinion was "who cares?".

To me, though, what's the point of having rites, traditions, and philosophies and such if the group isn't going to live by them?

In case you're interested, here's an on-line version of "The Spirit of Masonry"
altreligion.about.com...

Totally agree with that statement. What is the purpose of having rites, traditions, and philosophies if they won't live by them. If this guy keeps being a poster boy the only thing people are going to remember is the time Micheals dropped the N-bomb.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If this guy keeps being a poster boy the only thing people are going to remember is the time Micheals dropped the N-bomb.

I dunno, I'm really not versed in Masonry, and I'm sure this could very well be BS spread by those who don't like them, but can any Masons here tell me if any of this is true....

freemasonrywatch.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I dunno, I'm really not versed in Masonry, and I'm sure this could very well be BS spread by those who don't like them, but can any Masons here tell me if any of this is true....
freemasonrywatch.org...

Don't know if you are a mason or not guy.. but you have defended them on several occasions around here. So maybe you want to tell us why? Myself I've done a good amount of research on these people and I also know several (even relatives), and I'm convinced that in general they are not out to help anyone but themselves.

I notice this debate has moved to the 'he made a mistake and made an apology and all should be forgiven' tactic. But the fact remains if a white anglo-saxon said this he would be finished and you know it. I'm hoping that black people here are also noticing the double standard on this incident.

That is the point here: I know who owns the media, I know who owns and controls Hollywood and I know who controls Washington. I know who controls the legal system. I also know where a good percentage of Mason's come from.

This is not about what is fair it is about damage control by a very powerful group of people in order to protect one of their own lest others cast negative views on the group.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
To the last poster, that has little to do with this topic, unless those people at BET are also Masons. The point of the matter is that they hold themselves to a higher standard. Richards screwed up BIG TIME!

My point back at the bottom of page 1. Coming from a Canuck Master Mason, I might add. That said, his mea culpa (what snippets of it I caught on the news) seemed pretty sincere and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are internal ramifications to his outburst. That's up to his lodge ultimately. Either way, he's dimmed the light somewhat although in time, it'll pass.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Don't know if you are a mason or not guy.. but you have defended them on several occasions around here. So maybe you want to tell us why? Myself I've done a good amount of research on these people and I also know several (even relatives), and I'm convinced that in general they are not out to help anyone but themselves.

I notice this debate has moved to the 'he made a mistake and made an apology and all should be forgiven' tactic. But the fact remains if a white anglo-saxon said this he would be finished and you know it. I'm hoping that black people here are also noticing the double standard on this incident.

That is the point here: I know who owns the media, I know who owns and controls Hollywood and I know who controls Washington. I know who controls the legal system. I also know where a good percentage of Mason's come from.

This is not about what is fair it is about damage control by a very powerful group of people in order to protect one of their own lest others cast negative views on the group.

I'am starting to agree with the statement. It seems thier is a double standard with this. And seems just because the guy is a mason he should get away with it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of the sentiments in this thread, the guy was stupid & will be punished one way or another but I feel the issue here now is why dickbinbush got banned.
Seems like some moderators have a personal agenda, perhaps if you want to have a cross polination of subjects related to one particular item then the thread should be shared between sub forums. The race issue is the key here for me, whether he is a mason or not is also a sub issue, therefor it caters for both secret societies & racial discrimination.
Why waste space creating 2 seperate threads one about the racial conitations & one about his status as a mason when we can debate both issues in 1 thread.
Warn me if you like but like everything in life the people who have the power use it to further their own agendas. Screw your T&C's, dickbinbush had some good points being made whether you agree with them or not.
This site used to be great at the start now it's turning into a PC haven & that goes against the grain of what this site used to be about.

Oh & intrepid, if you warned dickbinbush for going off topic then check the thread you refrenced him to comment on the racial aspect.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

2nd post by deny says that the real issue is that he is a 33rd degree mason. that's off topic & should be in this thread, did he recieve a warn for it.... NO
Double standrds huh?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by mclarenmp4]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The double standard in the entertainment industry never ceases to amaze me.
As was posted earlier, I too believe that Richards thought he was being edgy.

Why does he get shouted down, while popular films make use of the terrible "N" word all the time. Quentin Tarantino films come to mind...

Mr. Pink - I don't believe this s###, both of
you got ten years on me, and I'm
the only one actin like a
professional. You guys act like a
bunch of f##### n#####s. You ever
work a job with a bunch of
n#####s? They're just like you
two, always fightin, always sayin
they're gonna kill one another.
Link

And Tarantino wins eight awards.

Political correctness is a phrase that Orwell would have delighted in.

[edit on 21/11/2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
mclarenmp4 he said some nasty stuff to mod. but he did make some great points. I hope he will be allowed back in. The mods. on this board are getting a little to touchy about stuff. And Hollywood is one big double standard. Great reply about Quintin. He gets eight awards. That's great.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join