It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason Michael Richards Loses It...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
For me, this completely undoes any positive marks I have for Richards. I don't care if the other guy was calling him names; that'd just make the other guy a jerk, not excuse Richards' remarks.

As far as it not being against any masonic rules, if that's true, then masonry ain't what its all cracked up to be.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You know what! I'm so tired of white people not being able to even make a peep about Blacks,Hispanics,Chinese or any other race without it getting blown out of proportion. Yet Blacks,Hispanics,Chinese and all other races can make fun of or say whatever they want about white people. Its like just because the things that happened in the PAST we can not mention anything remotely pertain to someones race without someone flipping out. Look at Carlos Mencia he is racist as hell yet no one cares. On BET all the time they have comedy shows where they say cracker this and honky that but no one cares.White people get cracked on non stop by black people but its off limits for us to reply. I am not racist in any way and what he said was wrong. Only in how he said it because he was not trying to be funny. I refuse to bow down to insults and get made fun of and not respond with the same ammo. No one knows what was said to set him off. I think this is a product of catching the tail end of a conversation. Ive seen worse on BET stand up comedy by far. He should have not acted like that but everyone makes mistakes.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Furthermore, it is amazing the number of people on the web fighting fiercely to defend him. Why all the damage control appearances and the cult controlled media offering up free time for this creep to do it? Desperate damage control.

I say he gets off completely.

No lawsuits, so charges, no time, no hassle. Minimal loss of income and most of all I see him benefiting from this... they will reward him for saying this. He will benefit in the long-run. Wait and see.

I totally agree with the above quote. In Hollywood thier is no such thing as bad publicity. As far as Mel Gibson being forgiven for what he said. I don't agree with that. He had to do some damage control of his own. When the news of his arrest first hit the air waves, they said he made some Jewish remarks that were not good. He also called a few high profile Jews in Hollywood and said he was sorry. But many of the Jews around the world were not satisfied with that. I like Mel Gibson and thinks he's a good actor. But I lost respect for him when he said those things. I still think he's got much too do for what he said. A simple "I'am sorry" isn't enough.

If Michaels isn't punished for what he said I agree that freemasonry isn't what it's cracked up to be. If a christian or any other person said this they should be punished. He's a mason and masons are not supposed to act like this.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
As far as it not being against any masonic rules, if that's true, then masonry ain't what its all cracked up to be.

They need to call him out, quick and hard. Since they've put him forward publicly as a poster boy for the fraternity, not jamming him over this will be bad. Very bad.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know what! I'm so tired of white people not being able to even make a peep about Blacks,Hispanics,Chinese or any other race without it getting blown out of proportion. Yet Blacks,Hispanics,Chinese and all other races can make fun of or say whatever they want about white people.

I can see your point. But here's a few saying I like. Two wrongs don't make a right. And don't paint the kettle black. Which means when blacks, hispanics, and chinese, and jews(Andrew Dice Clay) say things like that let it go.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I don't think that this is the case Nygdan, thus the point of this thread. NO ONE can excuse his rant, Mason or not. I'm sure that he will recieve "instruction" at the very least. One man is not above the fraternity.

To the last poster, that has little to do with this topic, unless those people at BET are also Masons. The point of the matter is that they hold themselves to a higher standard. Richards screwed up BIG TIME!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They need to call him out, quick and hard. Since they've put him forward publicly as a poster boy for the fraternity, not jamming him over this will be bad. Very bad.

I totally agree yeahright. By the way love your avatar I'am a big steve mcqueen fan!

Not to change the subject but love the avatar!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Warhol
I can see your point. But here's a few saying I like. Two wrongs don't make a right. And don't paint the kettle black. Which means when blacks, hispanics, and chinese, and jews(Andrew Dice Clay) say things like that let it go.

Oh so they can say things and we "let it go" but when white people say something in response or of the same context we make threads like this instead of "letting it go"? Hmm..yeah that seems fair..

-pause-

NOT!

Had to make that Borat related..I couldn't resist..

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you want to throw sticks and stones go ahead. I have been called cracker, whitey, and a host of other things. I never once thought about turning around and trading racial insults with the other person. I just let it go. It worked for me but if it doesn't for you then go ahead. That's all I'am saying. It may not be right but it works for me.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
The guy &%$d up, thats it. One too many insults pushed him over the edge and he lost it.

I agree. And when a stranger of another race or color really pisses you off, that's the first thing you usually go after. I'm sure a black comedian would have done the same thing if a white, asian, etc. audience member started heckling and he couldn't handle it gracefully. I'm sure many here will act like they're above that, and only they know for sure, but I think most everybody is racist to a degree, especially when they're angry at a stranger they know nothing else about. Ithink it's just a human reaction to differences that cause us to get the 'us' vs. 'them' feeling when we're mad.

As for his Masonic standing, sorry, you guys are human too. I respect your dedication to your fraternity, but at sometime, the uglier side of humanity will push it's way out of everybody.

I agree. Fat man pisses me off, what is the first thing I do? Insult his girth! You go for what will hurt the most, a natural human reaction. I am sure he won't be invited to the NAACP meeting any time soon!

But your right. He f'd up. It was rude, it was crude.. people should not be so sensitive to insults though..

"Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me." - guess it hurts some people.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Once again, this topic is NOT a Black/White, Black/Jew issue. Look at the original post:

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Michael Richards, aka "Kramer" from "Seinfeld," is in hot water for spewing several racial slurs onstage at The Laugh Factory over the weekend.

An inexcusable tirade that defies defending. I would suspect this will seriously impact his acting career, and should also be reviewed by the Grand Lodge Of California, and the Supreme Council.

It's an issue of Masonry. It sure looks like someone is trying to sweep this under the rug, right?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It works for me. I personally don't care what people call me. But I'm saying it's a little bit of hypocrisy if we're going to condemn white people for making racial remarks while other races do the same thing and it's let go or labeled as comedy as in the case of Carlos Mencia like Digital_Reality said.

[edit on 11/21/2006 by DickBinBush]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I agree but I don't think just because he lost his cool and made a few remarks that was distasteful he should be completely banished from being a Mason or striped of all credibility. What he said or did has nothing to do with his status as a mason. I'm sure he will receive council by his brothers and they will let him know he was wrong but I doubt he will be ejected from the fraternity. Masons are not a fraternity of perfect people.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Once again, this topic is NOT a Black/White, Black/Jew issue. Look at the original post:

Topics take on new subjects as they go along. They go in different directions. Clearly this is the new direction of the thread. So, unless you're going to give everybody a warning for being off-topic, then I'm guessing this is how it's going to stay since it's such a major issue.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Another staged headline?
whats happening in US poltics right now?

this story smells, esp. since he is a known 33rd deg. mason

i dont claim to know...its a theory

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush

Topics take on new subjects as they go along. They go in different directions. Clearly this is the new direction of the thread. So, unless you're going to give everybody a warning for being off-topic, then I'm guessing this is how it's going to stay since it's such a major issue.

Well, you've already got one warning, no problem but this WILL stay on topic.

You want to make it other than it is, go to, or make another thread. Nuff said!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SdiRailgun
whats happening in US poltics right now?

Nothing out of the ordinary corrupt bs that I can think of.

Same old, same old from where I am.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Oh now I'm being threatened? Wow you're a great representation of the moderators and this website. Haven't you threatened me before in another thread a while back? I believe you did. Do you have something against me? Go ahead, warn me, I don't care. The only one drifting off-topic here is you. You're destroying the current direction of the thread for no particular reason.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush

Oh now I'm being threatened? Wow you're a great representation of the moderators and this website. Haven't you threatened me before in another thread a while back? I believe you did. Do you have something against me? Go ahead, warn me, I don't care. The only one drifting off-topic here is you. You're destroying the current direction of the thread for no particular reason.

From the T&C:

5b) Cooperation: You will, if asked by myself or a moderator, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the representatives of the message board.

This is in Secret Societies for a reason. If you want to debate the race issue I suggest you go here.

No further derailing of this thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Its just as much as a race issue as it is a Mason issue. Its because of what he said that has the whole issue so inflamed and in this thread is the reason his status as a Mason is being questioned.

" 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason Michael Richards Loses It"

How did he lose it? He made racial remarks!
I think it is on topic personally

But I will refrain from making any more discussion about race to stay in accordance with the rules I guess.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Digital_Reality]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join