It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iraqi Sniper[Sensitive Pictures]

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
WARNING Graphic Video

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I know this will bring up angry comments and emotions.
Try 2 put those fellings away for a moment and help me out with some quastions.
What kind of sniper do they use, and what precision does it have compared 2 the US snipers(wich one does the US use beside .50 cal).

Another quastion regarding the sniper tactics, why do they only kill 1 when they have the precision 2 take down a group?
Baamm ! one leg shot another soldier tryes 2 help Baaam! 2 kills.

I know the iraqi use Russian made weapones, is it only Russian weapones they use?





Mod edit: title and warning




[edit on 17-11-2006 by kinglizard]




posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Interesting videos. I was at a site recently where someone pointed out that the videos were made from gun barrel mounted video cameras which are not common military equipment. Most video of sniping is from cameras mounted behind or beside the shooter and not attached to the gun. The recoiling in the videos shows the differences between gun mounted and other type of video recording.

The interesting thing in all of this is that the main manufacturer of these gun mounted video cameras is an Israeli company.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The backing music is rather annoying.

Are snipers that much of a problem? seems like an awful lot of guys getting shot. I assume most survive as they look like body shots. Assuming the guys are wearing armour, they just get winded and knocked down?



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reckon

I know this will bring up angry comments and emotions.
Try 2 put those fellings away for a moment and help me out with some quastions.
What kind of sniper do they use, and what precision does it have compared 2 the US snipers(wich one does the US use beside .50 cal).

Another quastion regarding the sniper tactics, why do they only kill 1 when they have the precision 2 take down a group?
Baamm ! one leg shot another soldier tryes 2 help Baaam! 2 kills.

I know the iraqi use Russian made weapones, is it only Russian weapones they use?



Iraqi snipers (cowards) primarily use anything they can get their hands on. Rarely did our unit come across one (who we put down) with anything as lavish as an SV-98 or a Dragonov (yes, acquired via the Reds).

The US Armed Forces typically use what best suits their requirements (per branch) The Barrett is always fun, but "we guys" utilized the M21/ converted M25 (semi auto). It depends on the shooter's preference.

As far as your other question regarding "tactics" it is simple. The element of suprise for one, and not giving away your position, and two the psychological aspect....."Kill one man, terrorize a thousand." - nuff' said

P.S. I would'nt even GIVE the Iraqi insurgents the dignity of calling them "Sniper's"....our boys (and other nations respectfully) are TRAINED and observe military ethics.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nothing Man


P.S. I would'nt even GIVE the Iraqi insurgents the dignity of calling them "Sniper's"....our boys (and other nations respectfully) are TRAINED and observe military ethics.


Not wanting to seem like I am taking side, which I am not, but how does someone who snipes soldiers not be sniper?

I would understand if they shot civlians, like they did in Sarejevo, but here they are shooting soldiers.

Seems like a legit target to me. Not sure "ethics" come into play in the military. You may have your own personal ethics and morals, but the Army is designed to kill people. That is hardly ethical, whatever the reason.

(Before any flames fly, I come from a long line of UK military personel and will hopefully be joining the RAF in the not so distant future, so I know the score)



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   


Iraqi snipers (cowards) primarily use anything they can get their hands on. Rarely did our unit come across one (who we put down) with anything as lavish as an SV-98 or a Dragonov (yes, acquired via the Reds).


It's not being a coward, it's surviving against a more powerful army, it's call asymetrical war. So by your logic, if iraqi snipers are cowards, US snipers are cowards too, any sniper is a coward?



Another quastion regarding the sniper tactics, why do they only kill 1 when they have the precision 2 take down a group?
Baamm ! one leg shot another soldier tryes 2 help Baaam! 2 kills.


Because they want to instigate fear among the soldiers all over iraq.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Vitchilo]



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   


It's not being a coward, it's surviving against a more powerful army, it's call asymetrical war. So by your logic, if iraqi snipers are cowards, US snipers are cowards too, any sniper is a coward?


Unless you've actually been there and seen it, you would'nt know. By "ethics" I am referencing tactical procedure (i.e. skillful execution of an objective- not random pop shotting) The insurgents are highly unskilled and inaccurate and have no problems taking out a couple of civillians in a highly congested public arena before they hit their mark.

A "Sniper" by definition is disciplined, and knowledeable of his target and surroundings, is a qualified marksman. period. Not, some hasish smoking radical who just got done beating his wife and feels like squeezing off a couple of rounds for fun, then COWARDLY retreating back to his hut to see if his feat made the nightly edition of Al-Jazera.

I myself am not a Sniper. A sniper as stated is in the highest degree an expert. They don't just hand out a "Ma-Duce" to an 18 year old enlistee and say go have some fun !! I am a serviceman. I am part of an elite unit. I am an American.

I'm not angry with any individual on a personal level. Nor a Gung-Ho, shoot first ask questions later, meathead. I was more involved with the intelligence aspect. War is a dirty job, Yes. I for one think it is uneccessary. I respect others opinions and have many of my own.

And like "Forrest", that's about all I have to say about thaaay-att.....



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I agree that if iraqis snipers are hitting civilians, they are (a bad word), but if they strictly hit americans soldiers, they are fighting with the laws of war, and IMO, it's the best thing to do in this case... even if war is rarely the good option.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Im a bit peed off to be honest. It was only last week i tried to post a thread here on ATS about these vids only for a mod to immediately trash it as it was supposedly not right for ATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Im a bit peed off to be honest. It was only last week i tried to post a thread here on ATS about these vids only for a mod to immediately trash it as it was supposedly not right for ATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Being looked at saint.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thanks. My thread was totally respectful. Dont wanna ruin this persons thread though as its unfair to them.

Please carry on with your thread my friend sorry to interrupt



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nothing Man

A "Sniper" by definition is disciplined, and knowledeable of his target and surroundings, is a qualified marksman. period. Not, some hasish smoking radical who just got done beating his wife and feels like squeezing off a couple of rounds for fun, then COWARDLY retreating back to his hut to see if his feat made the nightly edition of Al-Jazera.


I don't know of ANY military person that would have posted tripe like this. C'mon man, this is a serious site, not one to play out internet wet dreams. :shk:


I myself am not a Sniper. A sniper as stated is in the highest degree an expert. They don't just hand out a "Ma-Duce" to an 18 year old enlistee and say go have some fun !! I am a serviceman. I am part of an elite unit. I am an American.


Case in point.



I'm not angry with any individual on a personal level. Nor a Gung-Ho, shoot first ask questions later, meathead. I was more involved with the intelligence aspect. War is a dirty job, Yes. I for one think it is uneccessary. I respect others opinions and have many of my own.

And like "Forrest", that's about all I have to say about thaaay-att.....



Play time is over man, Yahoo is for this type of thing.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a sniper by definition is someone with a sniper rifle and is sniping with it?
cowardly as it may seem but that too could be said of airstrikes and missles
in war there is no right or wrong, no fair or unfair

[edit on 17-11-2006 by PlayeR87]



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Never heard of a sniper camera. Most of what I have seen from pictures of captured or dead insurgent snipers shows cameras near the sniper rifle but never on one. That pretty much inhibit a person's ability to snipe when you got a stupid camera in the way if somehow taped to one. Sometimes they can have a person next to the sniper recording as well. Thats more preferable.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Sometimes they can have a person next to the sniper recording as well. Thats more preferable.


Are you refering to the Iraqi's or a sniper team?



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Are you refering to the Iraqi's or a sniper team?


The Iraqis.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Never heard of a sniper camera. Most of what I have seen from pictures of captured or dead insurgent snipers shows cameras near the sniper rifle but never on one. That pretty much inhibit a person's ability to snipe when you got a stupid camera in the way if somehow taped to one. Sometimes they can have a person next to the sniper recording as well. Thats more preferable.


Why is the video recoiling with the shot?

Look it up there is camera rifles out there and the Israeli's are the masters at this technology.

So the question is this? how does an SUPPOSED IRAQI get his hands on Israeli advanced military technology?



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Why is the video recoiling with the shot?

Look it up there is camera rifles out there and the Israeli's are the masters at this technology.

So the question is this? how does an SUPPOSED IRAQI get his hands on Israeli advanced military technology?



Well gee, because the gun is next to the camera maybe? The recoil can move the camera.

Let me show you something...




posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Those snipers look pretty acurate to me, do they get some sort of training?
I mean you got to be far away not to get noticed, since the soldiers can't see them after the incident they must be far from them.
I feel sorry for those soldiers, it's bad to be a siting duck and not to be able to do anything, maybe better body arrmor would do the job, bush was an idiot to send out people with out proper eqiptment & protection, do those soldiers even have a bullet proof vest?



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Those snipers look pretty acurate to me, do they get some sort of training?
I mean you got to be far away not to get noticed, since the soldiers can't see them after the incident they must be far from them.
I feel sorry for those soldiers, it's bad to be a siting duck and not to be able to do anything, maybe better body arrmor would do the job, bush was an idiot to send out people with out proper eqiptment & protection, do those soldiers even have a bullet proof vest?


Yes they have body armor, however getting shot can sometimes knock you down but don't kill you, other times the snipers try to find gaps in the armor like your head.

This is an example...
www.youtube.com...



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join