It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCLA Police Taser Student For Not Showing ID W/Video

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What If I enter a university campus by mistake while driving and lost??

What If I make a delivery on campus and I'm not a student?

What if...

I think they should just make cops overlords or something like that and just drop the sheet over reality and let the totalitarianism begin.

Those coward cops are a disgrace to their so-called profession.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I found the statment at the end the most disturbing "get back or you get tasered too" this clearly shows that the weapons are been misused. As they can be lethal they should only ever be used as an alternative to firing live anumition at someone. they should never be used as a tool to ensure complaiance.

Also people keep saying that he refused to get up? well most people would have trouble getting up that soon after been tasered as it causes tempory paralisis and loss of moter controll aswell as the intense pain and burns.

I thought it was kind of pathetic how the students asked for badge numbers and filmed it but... I guess what can you do when they have the guns.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
No, incidents like this prove that the average person is too damned disrespectful of authority and willing to go running around crying oppression and gestapo when all they had to do was pull out a piece of plastic. That or their too stupid to realize they can play nicely once things go wrong and still get a piece of the pie after the fact.

What is wrong with some people!?! If there is nt probable cause they should not have a right to ask you for your ID, this is not and should never be confused woth Nazi Germany! You said earlier that you find the people who dont want to show ID usually have something to hide. OMG have people been brainwashed that much?

So you think everyone that refuses to show ID has somehting to hide. I dont want to be placed at a potential crime scene by giving the PD my id. A crime happens and you get called in for questioning, you think it matters to some power hungry prosecuter you did it or not? They are lawyers buddy that want to be judge one day, the more cases they clear the sooner they move up. Most of them are crooked as hell and will nail you for a crime you didnt do is they can get away with it.

Do I have to show my id to a policeman? I just flash my badge and I get prefered treatment. Is that fair to you? This is a power tripping governement that can smell the fear on you and know most have been dumbed down to the point of saying.

Yes sir, you have complete power over me sir.

Disgusting.

Tasors are being abused.

Edit out of respect for my retarded professional cousins the cops...

[edit on 18-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

Ram

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have one question:

Was the ID-Card mentioned in the Media reports?

uhm - i write this "because" for a reason..

My thought is after spendng month without a TV nearby me...Oh well make that years... I have noticed how the manipulation effect has weared of. The effect of the media is strong on a persons view of the world in perspective.

Are they gonna mention the ID-Card factor? in the Media reports?

I believe it is a factor in the case of looking behind the scenes.
Is the ID-card being mentioned on American Television yet? as commercials or somthing?

You know - some call it a sign of the returning of christ and what have you.

They have plans you know!? veri chip i think it is called.. It goes under the flesh - not on the flesh but inside your flesh.

So maybe they can use happending's, like the students getting teazered to progress the comming of the Veri chip times...
Yes lets call it the "comming of the Veri chip times".

allright - all rights - All rights of the human being shall be inside the veri chip.
If he got a chip inside him - We can just pick him up laterz - Just scan him - then arrest him later
So later they will come pick you up at your home - noo need to upset the libary students
- We pick him up later.. Cause we scanned him on the scene - We got he's adress we got evrything inside these chips...

That is the comming of the "Verichip times" - Like we had the Medieval times - and the stoneage...
Back then they proberly only had stones...And some other tools - who know these things?
you see if the Chip will get inside your bodies - We will know these things.. Atleast the system will know evrything they need to know about you.. What house you have - What car you have bought - What the prize of that car was... How much money you have....

M O N E Y.. oh my god - so we are back to BIG POLITICS again..
Just hate that part....

And name making - pointing fingers at the utmost power on this planet.
power?
A system that creates power - becomes a hard and strong force - that effects all parts of society. You are in a nation of war...and stuff.
You go to the moon - you fly to Mars - You councour the space around our planet - You are America.
You have people like BILL GATES... Steven spielberg - Dustin Hoofmann - Hollywood...

What is the god damn plan??!?!

you see the perspective is enorme and HUGE.
A Gigantic perspective is on our shoulders...Ever since each and everyone of us got born.
How has America changed - since 1970? 1960?

Look at what happends today - how advanced the weapons of the police force has become...
One day they might not even need the primitive Wires inside the Teazer gun - That being shot out and stick to the "Patient or victim"
One day they might just push a small button and you will get paralysed instead of violently being teazered.

Scary stuff.

So where are you and everyone of us really going? Teazer-land that is one place for sure. Why all the secret's - why can't our political persons speak from their hearts - and worry about our only home - Planet earth.

Leaders should be intelligent beings. Like Da Lai Lama - You remember the story of Tibet? The story of Monks meditation on different subjects - Questions that they need awnsered - they get these awnseres - from within - deep within - very deep within. And make sure the question is proberly awnsered from all angels and ideas as possible - To get to the source of the actions before your very eyes.

The source is freedom of will - from that source we can look at the "crime scene" and see what actually happens.

What are the humans doing - and for what reason - fear?
A bottomless hole of fear. Cops are afraid - Students are afraid - the cameraman is afraid. Take of the uniforms and cloth of all the people in the scene - and you will see the power of the system. naked.

It sure looks like an exiting journey we human-beings are going through together - a hard and complex situation. This world sure is a place - that needs the truth of everything - So that we can organize our progress as a planet. In a natural way.

I sencirly hope that your worries of this planet are bigger than your worries about terrorisme. Terrorisme is hell. An expression of EVIL.

It sure is no joke for anyone - it's more like a mystery.

Weird weird weirdish...

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Ram]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Legal Static

Cops can legally touch you to perform an arrest.

Screaming at them and resisting arrest, however, has never been legal.

Asking for ID is not making an arrest though.
Don't they have to read a person their rights before they can legally touch you to arrest you.
Complete compliance with ANY police directive seems to be what citizens are expected to do these days.
Sounds like the US is turning into a police state after all :shk:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Obviously we are in Nazi Germany! Big bad rent-a-cops can't pick up a HANDCUFFED BOY, and carry him out! How much info do you think you missed people! Doesn't matter what the boy said beforehand, police are used to verbal abuse, goes with the job, just like flying pieces of lead! SECURITY also! What was that, tattoo what on my what? Clearly racial,(and yes I'm Caucasion), why else would they abuse a HANDCUFFED individual? HE was told to stand up several times,DUUUUUUUUUUh, HE COULDN"T! He didn,t have his I.D., sooooooooo, he was LEAVING! He's young, do any of you remember being young? Burn these guys, sue their rear-ends off, and press charges!

Ram

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
God has spoken again.

Do we hear god when we write these things. Or was it the Recording of the teazing video that brought up this conversation?

What is god my freinds? Is it a church? A holy Crusade?

What is that eye on the top of your Dollar-bill . On top of that WEIRD freakin Pyramid? what is that crap?!! If I may ask - What does that Pyramid represent?

Especially - In times of war?

What does that eye represent in times of war?
You Americans got all these strange symbols on your dollar bill - It's really interresting stuff. Stars and what have you not?

The weirdest thing of all is - Why do we talk about these subject's first of all??

Is it still conspiracy - Or is it more real now? Has the conspiracy asked some good questions lately?

What does that word mean anyway?! C O N - SPIRA - CY - It means a circle - SPIRALE - IS A circle almost -
Or In skandinavia we call a seed a SPIRE.....

The beginning of a story. the seed of a story? Do I need say more your Hounor.

Case closed.
LOL*

love ya all - go for it knights of the council - Go for full power.
Agreeing that human lives will be lost in the progress of building an new world order - That needs time to grow.

lit the candle Illuminati!! LOL*

--------------------------------------
Will he be found guilty or not?

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Ram]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow, that was clearly an excessive use of force. Stupid pigs.

Another thing; cons, honestly, just stop using the word "liberal". Throwing around political terms isn't going to win you arguments. Just get over the fact that you lost both the House and the Senate.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Arm yourselves.

This is the video age we are in. The only reason why this incident is getting attention is because it was caught on video.

If you are in a situation where you see someone being abused by law enforcement don't bother calling them pigs or antagonizing them in any way. Film them.
These cameras are our only weapon right now. We also have the tools to get these videos to the masses thanks to sites like YouTube. Go to YouTube and see the hundreds of thousands of views the UCLA video has had. Do a search on YouTube on Police Brutality and see how many different clips come up.

[edit on 17/11/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That's unbelivable. I will be sorely disappointed if they are not charged with aggravated assault.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
"DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!"

-- it's pretty clear to me how this got to the point that it did.

Really? How is it clear, how do you know they hadnt already committed assaualt and battery? You ever see PD poking someone in the chest trying to provoke a reaction? You ever think what its like to have that abusive person poking YOU in the chest forcing you to comply?

Edit out of respect for my retarded professional cousins the cops...

[edit on 18-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

Ram

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As Umbrax writes - Go check it out on the internet - Be smart - be awake.
Internet is Global communication - Not your guy next door.. This is where all event's from the planet gather.

Even the even't that does not show up on your out of date TV.
Computer is our future - we might as well use it to inform ourselves? or what?

Thoughts - and Hi America!

Search and spend some time trying to understand what seems most real to you.
learn of human history - from your own libary -

Damn they would have gone mad in old times if they had the internet - i mean 1930's..

If they had internet back then.. Where would we be today?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
denythestatusquo, you provide an excellent point there. Alot of police officers are on a power trip. Especially newer ones.

If your suspect is complying with your orders (to leave in that case); they are not under arrest; and are not needed for further questioning then there is no reason for any physical contact to be made.

I would have handled this situation by saying something to the effect of "Excuse me sir, may I please see your ID?" "I don't have it with me." "Sorry sir, but UCLA policy requires all persons present to carry their ID badge with them at all times. I'm going to have to ask you to leave, however, you are more than welcome to return once you have your ID though. Thank you."

That situation would have probably ended alot better.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I cant believe that other students stood by and watched. These cops would have been decked if this happened in my school, I guess in CA they do things diffrent then NY. Sick bastards.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Don't they have to read a person their rights before they can legally touch you to arrest you.

You can be detained without being arrested.

To be arrested you must be advised of your rights. The same is not true for detainment.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Please try and read the thread before posting. I've read the same things multiple times.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Re, you seem to know exactly what it's like in certain parts of New York.

denythestatusquo, if you accidentally go there you'll be stopped, searched, beaten, and arrested.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by white4life420
That's unbelivable. I will be sorely disappointed if they are not charged with aggravated assault.

Aggravated battery generally only applies when a dangerous weapon was used. Even though taser has been known to kill people, it is still classified as a non-lethal weapon. It's been a long time since I've gone through the different charges, and feel free to point it out if I'm wrong, but I pretty sure the only thing they could be charged with would be a simple battery IF they could somehow show excessive force was used.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I found this whole incident interesting in that it didn't make it to any news station in my area. I didn't hear about this in local or national news. I mentioned it to a couple of people and they hadn't heard anything.

I find it disturbing that some people seem to be conditioned to immediately think they have to comply with all demands from the police or else it's ok for the police to hurt them.

I heard from the eyewitness video that the policy of having to present an id card was to prevent homeless people from going into the library and sleeping there at night. Obviously the people in charge of enforcing the law didn't care what the intent of the policy was.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If you don't comply with a lawful order, then you're inviting trouble. It was made to keep homeless people out? The law says "ID card must be carried" not "ID card must be shown if person looks homeless." Therefore, removing a person without an ID was legal (I'm not exactly agreeing with the amount of force used though).

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join