It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please let's all join together and BOYCOTT CNN

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by rich23

Originally posted by selfless
you all make fox news sound worst then cnn, im just glad that i never seen fox news in my life.

That COMPLETELY explains the whole thrust of this thread. If you think CNN is partial, then "fair and balanced" Fox News would just knock you sideways. I find it unwatchable...

could this be because it isnt ultra-libera propaganda?

"liberalism" and "political correctness" will be the death of the western world and it will happen in europe first.

Liberals aren't the bloodthirsty war-mongers who started this endless disaster in Iraq.

Liberals aren't the ones who decided to effectively abandon Afghanistan, giving it back to the Taliban and Al Queda.

Liberals aren't the ones who passed an amendment discriminating against other human beings. Might as well bring back slavery... Republicans would not oppose it.

Liberals aren't the ones who support a fascist administration that's hellbent on retaining their ability to spy on and torture anyone they please.

Liberals aren't the ones who allowed 9/11 to happen on their watch.

I'd say the CONSERVATIVES, you know... the idiots who have been at the helm for the past 6 years, are the ones who are directing this nation, indeed this world, towards doom.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Liberals aren't the bloodthirsty war-mongers who started this endless disaster in Iraq.

and yet they voted for it.....seems to me they share equal blame.

Liberals aren't the ones who decided to effectively abandon Afghanistan, giving it back to the Taliban and Al Queda.

see above.

Liberals aren't the ones who passed an amendment discriminating against other human beings. Might as well bring back slavery... Republicans would not oppose it.

not really sure what your referring to here....could you be more specific?

Liberals aren't the ones who support a fascist administration that's hellbent on retaining their ability to spy on and torture anyone they please.

i'll grant you that, although this is a bit melodramatic, spying does appear to be more of a conservative agenda. we're going to have to agree to disagree on the torture issue, because i just dont consider sleep deprivation and cold, wet miserable conditions to be torture....unless you want to say that our troops are tortured in bootcamp. but that's another thread.

Liberals aren't the ones who allowed 9/11 to happen on their watch.

lets see, 8 years and a dozen attacks under clinton, and he was unable to stop bin laden, and yet after only 8 months in office, bush is supposed to fix everything.

how about lets be fair and admit that everyone is equally to blame for the mess we are in at the moment.

and before you start slamming me as a neo-con, i voted a straight democratic ticket.

I'd say the CONSERVATIVES, you know... the idiots who have been at the helm for the past 6 years, are the ones who are directing this nation, indeed this world, towards doom.

and the 8 years of liberals running the country sure made us safe from 9/11, huh? we'll see if they can do something with the two years theyve been given, but i sort of doubt it.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Im asking all of you who are reading this to join force together and boycott cnn completely.

boycott

I haven't had cable in 13 years. I'm glad you could join me in our shared purpose to boycott CNN. I feel they have been teetering on the brink for the last few years without my support, so this will no doubt send them over the edge.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think it's great that more people are turning OFF the Idiot Box (TV)...

The thing about TV, in particular the news broadcasts, is that they feed you the news and all you have to do is absorb it as it's fed.

TV is designed to capture you and the techniques are extremely effective, the news casts save the big stuff for later in the cast, they build it up and if you want to see it you have to suffer everything else that comes with the program line up.

Try having a meaningful conversation when there's a TV on?

The majority of people don't watch TV with a pen and paper beside them to jot down things that strike their interest to follow up on later...almost all people using the internet do.

Using the internet or reading the paper requires more brain power. You have to look for the info because no ones feeding it to you.

The net is not the perfect medium either...so much to sift through...but it does require a BIT more effort and most people make notes when their surfing the net.

Many people don't check facts or research news items featured on TV...the talking heads spew it and people eat it up.

I find personally, that I'm more on top of current events than my friends who are TV junkies...usually it's me who calls them to say "Did you hear..."

It always comes down to individual responsibility to check and double check sources, spin is prevalent in nearly everything. I think most internet users are fairly savvy and it's a given that not everything posted on the net is 100% accurate.

TV somehow bypasses that critical thinking response in many people...the talking heads are no longer real journalists...they are personalities, entertainers and celebrities.

Anderson Cooper - case in point. I don't think I'm the only one rolling my eyes when I see this guy covering a story. His goal is to come across like a friend. Your buddy. A regular schmuck. Why should be question anything he says or does? He fluffs up his news reports to garner as much emotion as possible often adding a ton of staged images, staged responses and items that have little or nothing to do with the actual topic at hand...it's fill. He's CNNs equivalent of MSG - all flavor no nutritional value.

There's nothing Coop won't do for a story.

I'd take the arrogant Aaron Brown any day.

I have watched a few FOX news casts and was so revolted...there aren't even words to describe...

People are very touchy about their TV though...I'm so very pleased by many of the responses from others who don't watch the tube either...whatever your reasons.

I agree with the OP that asking people to Boycott TV in general might freak a lot of people out...Boycotting a couple of conglomerate entertainment moguls like CNN or FOX is a great place to start though. Get 'em where their money is...let them know that people do have choices and will tune out.

In saying all of this though I always remind people to dig a bit deeper into any story they're reading or following...just to get more detail, different opinions and a more balanced account.

Life has been very good without the talking heads invading my house...and it was so easy to turn it off...even though I miss some shows...most or available on DVD anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Do any of you people know what being a true skeptic is? My god how many sheep run in this flock?

This place used to be cool but now its just run a muck with people who have no clue. Its a sad day. S.O. was right when he put the black stripe through the banner.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
CNN hey? I feel like I am misssing out on something that you have found offensive...

I like offensive...

they just +1 their rating from me

(btw, asking to boycott is counter productive. Either people will or they won't under their own judgment. To ask others and expect them to follow your command is assuming that others cannot make the decision for themselves as to whether they want to watch. If you don't like it then don't watch it... censorhip starts with you!)

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
CNN could be running kid shows, for all you know!!!

I find it nearly unbelievable that one can announce that they know a thing for a certainty, and in the same breath, they announce that they do not, have not, and never will look at the thing they claim to have empirical knowledge of???!!

They ( CNN) have spent the entire afternoon criticizing Nancy Pelosi, going over and over what a mistake she's made by backing Murtha instead of the guy that won. They even sounded harsher than did Fox. ( Seee, even a disgusting liberal like me watches Fox, and maybe I disagree with everything they say......and sometimes I don't! )

You can't BE fair and balanced if you take one kid off the teeter totter......

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Baaaaa

There are a ton of online articles doing exactly what CNN is doing. So I make a choice not to watch. I am 100% certain I'm not missing a thing.

Yes I can say that with absolute certainty. Not one thing regurgitated on the news cannot be found online in multiples and with a greater variety of opinion and information. Not one. All one has to do is take responsibility for finding it and checking it out against other sources. Not as easy as sitting and listening to the talking heads...

I don't abstain 100% from TV BTW...I have friends who watch their shows and it's inevitable that I catch a bit here and there. At home and for my own personal news needs...TV just doesn't cut it.

If it makes you happy to watch them watch them. As with anything in life you are presented with choices. The OP can ask whatever he likes...you don't have to agree and you don't have to comply. Personal choices...we're all entitled. Just like personal opinions.

For the record I haven't gotten into personal character attacks the way the pro-TV folks have. No ones ramming anything down your throats...so chill a bit.

It's merely a call for those with similar feelings to Boycott. It's not Boycott thumping and no salesmen will call...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What little 'news' I do watch now I watch with a very decerning eye. There are very few journalists left any longer. When you begin to see through the ruse, the 'news' becomes very informative.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
At least CNN is the first mainstream channel besides pbs that I've seen show something like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus

(btw, asking to boycott is counter productive. Either people will or they won't under their own judgment. To ask others and expect them to follow your command is assuming that others cannot make the decision for themselves as to whether they want to watch. If you don't like it then don't watch it... censorhip starts with you!)

Huh???

You can watch cnn if you want, im not forcing anyone to do as i say... it appears you don't get the meaning of this thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This thread looks too much like PTS material now, with the partisan bickering in it. Moving to PTS.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus

Huh???

You can watch cnn if you want, im not forcing anyone to do as i say... it appears you don't get the meaning of this thread.

Somebody explain it to me the purpose of this thread, I guess I don't get it either, though I thought I did!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I never really watch TV...but to get my news I go to BBC. Sure, they probably have a more liberal slant (I think I saw a post around here where they admit leftist bias) but they seem like they are less controlled by political parties than the news organizations in the US.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
your right, you have to consider that it's not one news service that we are dependent on but a constant variation of it all.
Take the website Drudge Report, if you havn't heard of it
google it

anyway, Drudge Report takes news from all diffrent sources, this thing isnt even a real news reporter. Just a guy with alot of time on his hands, but what i'm getting at is that Drudge Report uses articles and storys from around the globe, not just one biased side of the story.

so basing your thoughts and beliefs off of one newspapers ideas wont work
you need a variation of thought to feed the mind

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Its too late for me!! I am in love with Robin Meade. I watch her every morning.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Boycott all Corporate media (1st and foremost Faux news)

Somethimg about this thread seems really shady. Selfless yours is the 1st thread I've ever seen on the ATS forums that actually carried internet advertisements. And on top of that your asking us to boycott one particular network in favor of the other ones.

I've seen countless documentaries on the tactics of major PR firms and the Corporate media and this reeks of a hidden agenda.

Everyone boycott Coca-cola because it has carbonated caffeine. Drink Pepsi! WtF

[edit on 12/2/06 by Calm Anomaly]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If we all stopped watching TV how would the government control us. Remember what Frank Zappa said,

" I am the tool of the governent and industry too
and I'm destined to rule and regulate you.
I may be vile and pernicious but you can't look away
I make you think I delicious with the things that I say."

The guy was a visionary.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by polanksi]

Ex

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would turn it off......
Except I need at least to keep an update
on what's happening in the world.

Yes, read a book or a newspaper is fine..I do that ,too
and I realize the propoganda is neck deep

An alternative plzzzzzzzzzzzz for up to minute news
Example: A tornado is coming down your street-
Seek Cover
!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As a true Independent I've noticed that Lou Dobbs (CNN) and Keith Olberman (MSNBC) get as close to the truth as the corporate media will allow. They hammer away at the bias of the rest of the media from opposite ends of the political spectrum.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join