It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please let's all join together and BOYCOTT CNN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes i agree with most of you about boycotting television alltogether but it's not something i would have said on the tittle or it would have started a flame war. There's already some people on here that im not answering to avoid arguments.

But i must admit that the responds from you people are greater then anticipated, im so happy to see that so many people here on ats are not media slaves, it makes my day

peace everyone.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
While you're at it. You might as well boycott the whole corporate owned media. Turn off your tv.

I like that!

And turn off the Internet, too. It's also full of biased info. Might want to cancel the newspapers and get your info by going out and talking to folks yourself.

Of course, their sources could be biased.

How about moving out to a nice place in the country and just not worrying about ANY news?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm definitely with this boycott. I never watched CNN, and I stopped watching the news on TV at all a while ago. All they care about is fear mongering, and yes they are biased because they are all owned by Five major corporations and those corporations have connections with the government. How many channels of Disney do you watch? In fact, the only TV I watch is The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, or maybe an occasional movie or sports event. The main reason I have my TV now, is as a computer monitor/video games.

I give this thread a

And Propaganda a

[edit on 15/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Mcory1 i don't think that i need to give any examples about cnn, people have eyes for them selves.

i don't care that you insult me but please don't associate me with cnn in any form of shape.

the goal was simply to unite together and boycott cnn and if just one person who read this thread stopped watching that filf then i am happy.

I used to watch FOX news ALL THE TIME. It was on in all my rooms where I had a tv, had to have my news. But, I now see that it was actually biased BS, half the crap is not news but far right opinions..

Bill O'Rielly! .. I want to smack that jerk in the face.. he doesn't give news and he is a disgrace to any respectable journalist.

I watch CNN because it is more in the middle, at least some of the guys on there like Lou and the Situation Room. Of course each channle will be slanted more to the left and more to the right, but if you switch between ABC, MSNBC, CNN youll find many shows that are in the middle, while some way out there. Fox on the other hand is just propaganda .. if it where up to them we would already be calling Bush "Your Majesty"

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

...................... Fox on the other hand is just propaganda .. if it where up to them we would already be calling Bush "Your Majesty"

Heil Bush! (what the?
)

Bush ist wundebar (oh no, it's happening
)

Links zwo drei vier (why can't I stop?
)

Seriously though, that would suck.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No one watches CNN anyways. It's at the bottom of the ratings and it is so far left that only the far left can stomach it. I can't boycott it ... I already don't watch it. I don't know many people who would even admit to watching it.

They dont seem very left to me. I dont see them for big government, or pro abortion they didnt seem pro-Clinton during his years as president. Too far left? I think Fox new is way too far left. They are the ones agreeing to this liberal Government. Thee are the people that want a big nanny state governement. What ever happened to the real conservatives, its like someone said ok now everything is backwards but no one will know it.

All news networks are misleading you, its there job. We are not a republic anymore, we are a recorporate.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Mcory1 i don't think that i need to give any examples about cnn, people have eyes for them selves.

i don't care that you insult me but please don't associate me with cnn in any form of shape.

the goal was simply to unite together and boycott cnn and if just one person who read this thread stopped watching that filf then i am happy.

um if we boycott cnn how are we supposed to use our eyes to see what the alleged fear & paranoia is. Please could you explain how we are going to do this?

As it is I don't watch cnn anyway, all media is as bad as each other anyway, they all have their biases be it cnn, fox, bbc or al jezeera. you just have to use your own intelligence to see through it.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

um if we boycott cnn how are we supposed to use our eyes to see what the alleged fear & paranoia is. Please could you explain how we are going to do this?

As it is I don't watch cnn anyway, all media is as bad as each other anyway, they all have their biases be it cnn, fox, bbc or al jezeera. you just have to use your own intelligence to see through it.

You don't boycott it so you can see the fear and paranoia, you see it then boycott it. You misunderstood that statement, selfless was saying that people don't need to be given an example, all they need to do is watch it. Therefore discovering said fear & paranoia you then commence boycotting the stations. (in this case just CNN, but in my opinion as well, all of them should be.)

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Give up tv?
We would be lost without it.
What would you point your furniture at?

Some of my earliest and best memories are from tv.
We would have no documentaries(where would you have watched all those alien docs?), we would never have had seinfeld! Everyone here would and has had a valid reason
to watch the google box whatever bravado they might come up with.

If it wasnt for tv, which spawned computers thus giving us the internet, we wouldnt
even be having this conversation.
And if it wasnt for CNN et all, there would be no conspiracies and therefore no above top secret.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No one watches CNN anyways. It's at the bottom of the ratings and it is so far left that only the far left can stomach it. I can't boycott it ... I already don't watch it. I don't know many people who would even admit to watching it.

They dont seem very left to me. I dont see them for big government, or pro abortion they didnt seem pro-Clinton during his years as president. Too far left? I think Fox new is way too far left. They are the ones agreeing to this liberal Government. Thee are the people that want a big nanny state governement. What ever happened to the real conservatives, its like someone said ok now everything is backwards but no one will know it.

All news networks are misleading you, its there job. We are not a republic anymore, we are a recorporate.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

Hes got a good point. As a lebertarian this government is bloated out of control, it is far bigger now then it was under Clinton. Small government is what makes a conservative a conservative.. adding billions of dollars to needless programs, such as home land security - a fabricated department that is meant to give the appearance of security while actually doing nothing any of the other branches already in place do already. - wasteing money.

Also, border control. CNN and especially Lou are GREAT on border security.. they tell it like it is, a big disaster. Bush on the other hand (FOX is against open borders but of course back their buddy Bush's plan) he wants to give amnesty, give worker permits out to any one that wants one.. how is that even conservative in any way?

There is a difference between Conservative and Fascist (one is controled by the corporations) and the current administration is not Conservative to me.

As for the entire "boycott" which you first stated CNN without any actual reason (aside from it causes fear) - I am not in fear and I am currently watching CNN. You think the internet gives us great news... true news...

Anything can be put on the net, like some of the sources that are used here on ATS! Worldnetdaily, Pravda, yeah reliable news.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Anyone thought of this....Maybe its not CNN. Maybe the news in general is just so rotten these days that fear and paranioa are normal responses. Never no good news. Just the war on terror, the war in Iraq, shootings, murders, rapes and so on.

There are some websites that promote only good news. Here is one example

www.goodnewsnetwork.org...

Perhaps the side effects of good news only would be happiness and joy with an overpowering smile on ones face.

Boycotting CNN is not the answer. The answer is learning to deal with real world news, no matter how depressing, and being able to distinquish it from the left or right stance that might deliver it.

Or just simply boycott all news altogether.

[edit on 11/15/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi

Boycotting CNN is not the answer. The answer is learning to deal with real world news,

Im sorry but i don't exactly consider cnn real news.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A lil something my physics teacher says: You are only paranoid if you know they are out to get you. (We were studying capacitance and taking apart disposable cameras and such, and one student was paranoid of getting shocked). My belief about this is "who cares about boycotting cnn or what ever you want to do". Just don't watch cnn then if you don't like it. Some people enjoy watching cnn, so let them. Plus, cnn is only media, it is only words. Surely what someone says can't harm you that much.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
vicarious,

Propaganda media outlets creates more harm to the collective consciousness then you think.

Of course just because they want to inflict fear doesn't mean it works on everyone but it works on some and it's negative energy vibes and im glad that there is more people on here that realise this then not.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi

Boycotting CNN is not the answer. The answer is learning to deal with real world news,

Im sorry but i don't exactly consider cnn real news.

No need to apologize but what do you call CNN stories on Iraq, North Korea, Iran and so forth. If you can't handle the news from CNN you may as well not watch or read any news. If you feel they are biased in their reporting, who isn't? A reporters job is to report facts, regardless of the network affiliation. Some networks lean left, some lean right, but the facts are always in the middle. You're really making the news a little more complicated than it actually is. I will not boycott CNN because of your opinion, but I will respect your opinion nonetheless!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I say boycott all the main stream media since it is controlled by the same cabal anyways. Time to unplug from the brainwashing system and fight to get out of the matrix while you still can. CNN is just a well known example of this but people have figured out what they really are about.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I may have just changed my mind

Drudgereport is linking to a video, where Larry King admits to NEVER USING THE INTERNET!

that means HE is boycotting ATS...well kind of..

you have to see this though, plain ignorance..
Rosanne Barr even offered to show him how..

Larry, King of DUH!

[edit on 15-11-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I haven’t had cable television for years now.
Network news today isn’t news at all. It is entertainment and opinion. Sometimes I’ll see a network news channel on at a friend’s or in public and it is always the same thing. Always some pundit in a suit moaning about what entertainers are saying. That or speculation on how we are all going to die.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I've been avoiding CNN for years so I'll be happy to be part of an official boycott!

I do admit that CNN is good for an occassional laugh. Do they still have that Talk Back live show??? In '97 I went to a taping of it with my best friend. The topic was UFO's/ mysterious lights hovering over some city. My friend concocted a wild story to share on air and proceeded to tell a tale of how we were chased by a UFO through the mountains of GA. How she kept a straight face when she said that the craft finally left us alone after we started throwing See's Candy at it, is beyond me!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Forget boycotting CNN. Boycott Fox News. They're the ones that are so damn bias and cruel. I mean, jeeze, look at O'Riley.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join