It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please let's all join together and BOYCOTT CNN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This turned out to be an interesting topic. However, I have a question. Can someone please show me a site that does not spin a story?

I liked some of the advice that was stated earlier. We all know the media (owned by a corp or not), spins a story in their favour. Why couldn't someone take 5 more minutes and look across the spectrum (this includes conspiracy sites) to figure out the real story.

After reading alot of the posts, i have the belief that when someone on this site says spin etc. They truely mean I dont believe it; so it is wrong.
Eg. Prision Planet.
Even I can cut a 5 min speach down to 15 sec and make some of you believe that Dogs control the planet.

Here is an idea... Wake up everyone!! Educate yourself, dont let someone else decide what is right and wrong.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by Som3Guy]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
associated press. their site is pretty much straight news as it comes in. no BS no spinning, just the facts.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
cnn headline had a great special on today the Glenn Beck show did a great thing tonight and called the "media" out and said they were damn near criminal for not showing the footage from the arab run media stations.i will support him not the cnn station. i actually cancelled my cable and hardly ever watch the news. i use the internet and xm radio for most all my news. i save 50 bucks a month and have more time to concentrate on the things that count.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Huh, I would have thought that the answer to one bias would be to equally observe the other bias and thereby have one cancel out the other........hearing both sides of an argument has always been the logical way to make an INFORMED choice........

Unless of course, one would rather stick one's head in a bucket of sand!!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
AP is a creditable newsource, however, they only state one side. You can fill a story with fact, but, if you only give half of them... Well, once again you get into that little problem.

That Glen Beck show was great. It was bias but he even admitted it would from the start. I give him a
for that.

As stated earlier about the watching both bias's. That true, we should do that. The question is though. With everyone complaing about bia's and boycotts. Obviously not alot of people do it. Or as you said "have their head in the sand"

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Drudgereport is linking to a video, where Larry King admits to NEVER USING THE INTERNET!

you have to see this though, plain ignorance..
Rosanne Barr even offered to show him how..
[edit on 15-11-2006 by spacedoubt]

Ha Ha!

good one!

three of a kind. One a washed up hack and overrated, the other a loudmouth braggard, and the last one a master of self promotion.

See all the more reasons to move on from the tube and paper.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No one watches CNN anyways. It's at the bottom of the ratings and it is so far left that only the far left can stomach it. I can't boycott it ... I already don't watch it. I don't know many people who would even admit to watching it.

I dont watch it, unless fox news isnt covering a story that is on CNN. Commie News Network routinely runs ultra left wing propaganda to the point I hate it. If I am in a waiting room or in the break room at the University I set it to Fox news just to piss everyone off,
. Besides, I like fox news....

FAIR AND BALANCED!
.....poor colmes...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Som3Guy
Why couldn't someone take 5 more minutes and look across the spectrum (this includes conspiracy sites) to figure out the real story.

After reading alot of the posts, i have the belief that when someone on this site says spin etc.

It took me about 8 months to think up a site I wanted to venture into for a few yrs. I decided on a site called studyof911 the reason for this is exactly what you stated.

No matter where you go what you see, there will be bias in everything you look at/watch.

I have a motto for that site however which is the reason I am posting..

The Motto is this..

In life there is the Official Story and then there is the Real Story. Our job is to sort thru all the trash and garbage and collect everything to find the Real Story.

Cause like you I have been getting really really sick on how things are going around these days. ATS, CNN, Fox, Prison Planet, whatever. Its all biased in the end.

If you look at the articles except the ones we are hosting.. the ones that state author from studyof, most of the opinions are open ended which leaves the person to think.

Anyway sorry for the book..

BTW I don't watch TV, I haven't watched TV in about 4 yrs, right about the time the Iraq War started.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
you all make fox news sound worst then cnn, im just glad that i never seen fox news in my life.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
you all make fox news sound worst then cnn, im just glad that i never seen fox news in my life.

That COMPLETELY explains the whole thrust of this thread. If you think CNN is partial, then "fair and balanced" Fox News would just knock you sideways. I find it unwatchable... and CNN is bad enough. CNN is for people who don't know they're listening to propaganda... Fox is for people who don't care. It's full of blowhards (O'Reilly, Hannity, Rivera) who make Larry King look like Noam Chomsky, and who are unafraid to pander to the worst instincts of the lowest form of humanity.

The interesting thing about news networks to me is, what do they include and what do they exclude? Which "facts" (or lies spouted by the US Government, which seems to do little else these days) get prominence and which rate barely a mention?

I grew up with the BBC, thinking that this was THE news source, unbiased and informative. Duh. Then in Gulf War I a friend pointed out to me that BBC World Service Radio would refer to "The Coalition", whereas domestic news services would speak of "The Allies". I was young and this was the first inkling I had that the viewpoint of people outside the country might be different from those inside.

Then when Dr. David Kelly was murdered I heard, over and over again, the phrase "the suicide of Dr. Kelly". When I went abroad, all I heard was "the apparent suicide of Dr. Kelly..." Interesting difference, no? Since then I've learned to spot what gets omitted by the BBC.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

I grew up with the BBC, thinking that this was THE news source, unbiased and informative.

Since then I've learned to spot what gets omitted by the BBC.

Me too. I often watch BBC, ITN and Channel 5 news (as well as RTE when possible) and it's interesting that the same story has different slants on every channel. Remember the joke Tony Blair made at the conference about Cherie and 'the guy next door'? BBC said 'Brown wasn't amused' but ITN said 'Brown was also amused'!!! Ok, so it can be different reporters giving their opinion, but BBC has a lot of examples of this. Don't even get me started on Channel 4 news though...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I've discovered I can make my own TIVO with a tuner card, a cable and a broadband connection with CIA phones. For 40 bucks a month you can bypass the phone companies, their internet gouging and COMMERCIALS.

CNN is not on my list. I will be watching Rome.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
CNN's Jack Cafferty tells it like it is, without worrying about how it may be accepted by watchers or CNN execs. Through Cafferty's straight approach to his opinions although extreme, don't seem buffered. Dobbs I feel is getting tougher on Government handling of things such as Border Security each week.

Blitzer, He's not as soft as he was a year ago when he used Larry King type questions. I feel Blitzer toughened up.

All in all I have more interest in watching CNN then I did a couple years back. It's on all afternoon in the kitchen and a must at 11AM Sunday.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've been boycotting all American news shows for years now, it's like watching Entertainment Tonight

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Originally posted by selfless

That COMPLETELY explains the whole thrust of this thread. If you think CNN is partial, then "fair and balanced" Fox News would just knock you sideways. I find it unwatchable...

could this be because it isnt ultra-libera propaganda?

"liberalism" and "political correctness" will be the death of the western world and it will happen in europe first.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
CNN, and all news services are laced and biased. if you don't like the writings don't read it.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Personally I think we are all better of with as many potential sources of information as possible. Fox news is the most dangerous news channel as it rarely makes any attempt to be fair and balanced, and is often more entertainment than news (The O’Reilly Factor) being a first class example of both. For example 9 out of 10 times the Democrats they do interview are extremists-idiots; whilst in comparison they tend to take a fairly pro Republican stance.
I liked CNN’s reporting of the Lebanon conflict as without it Rupert Murdoch’s media and the BBC (which is full of pro-Israel Jews) would have been my only news sources.
Furthermore Saturday’s Late Edition on CCN is a must. For example they had Conda Lisa Rice and Wolf Blitzer doing a fantastic debate on North Korea; and at the end of it I had to say I thought their policy (for that area of the world) was almost flawless.

However since its so easy to trick ATS into embracing ignorance I have this to say…
1. Republicans boycott the clueless democrats
2. Democrats boycott those lying Republicans
3. Nobody watch biased TV news; and stay away from the internet (you can never be sure of their source).

Perfect; now are we like China yet?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Perfect; now are we like China yet?

in china, a chinese news agency that shows footage of chinese troops being sniped from the snipers point of view would cease to exist the next day, and everyone connected to it would be thrown in jail, and quite possible executed. here, we can simply choose to boycott that kind of garbage.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I agree with liberal1984 we should try to get information and be informed. BUT, although that sounds good the news is so wrong, corrupt, biased that you can't depend on it so what would "trying to remain informed" accomplish? At the risk of making many people mad, i think reporters are one of the reasons why soldiers are dying in iraq. The reporters don't care about the soldiers all they want is their story so the put themselves in danger to get the "best story" with the most violence and gore and the soldiers have to protect them otherwise will have a filed day with "soldiers let idiot reporter go into fire and die". I understand that people want to know what's going on, but i'd rather not have our soldiers risk their life for reporters who don't even care about the soldiers. I don't watch the news because it makes me want to go on a killing spree. I do watch CNN2 sometimes, Glenn Beck is good, but often i want to go out killing after watching him too because he highlights our governments weakness when it comes to iran, china, north korea, and basically all other countries that don't support us, and Glenn hates the U.N so i like him. I support the boycott until we get quality, un-biased, fair news.

"Most people seek to control life’s events in order to secure a more positive, productive and free existence. Often, however, the objectives of others conflict with our objectives. Now, most people—common people really, can barely manage to control their own self-centered, myopic existence. They command armies of lawyers armed with paper weapons, attacking with spiteful, vengeful, cowardly litigation. Others operate within elephantine bureaucracies, and then, there are extraordinary men. Those who must identify, comprehend, and ultimately shoulder the responsibility for not only their own existence, but their country’s and the world’s as well.”

We need some extraordinary men in this country.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Liberal1984,

It's a matter of perception and opinion,

to me someone who believes cnn is embracing ignorance but that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join