It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu Calls For War!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Former Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, makes his position clear on Iran in a speech to the 2006 United Jewish Communities General Assembly in Los Angeles.

More rhetoric and warmongering from the state that desires to control the entire Mid-East.

"It's 1938 and Iran is Germany." Rich.

Be quick to watch this video as they don't remain up for long:

Link to video

[edit on 14/11/2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
He's so stupid. He uses the same techniques he blames Ahmanejidad...

Also, comparing Germany in 38 with Iran now is also stupid... for obvious reasons if you know the history and Iran's capabilities.

Also comparing Hitler to Ahmanejidad is also stupid.. for obvious reasons.

And Iran's leadership always did that, threatenned to wipe out Israël... but contrary to Israël, Iran does nothing but hate-speech. Israël bomb civilians. Iran don't. Ect...

Israël wouldn't have everyone against them if they would respect the laws and not be an apartheid south africa 2.

Anyway, Israël is a big error in the history. And they should peacefully get out of there.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There are many Jews who live within Iran.

Anyone hear them complaining?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
"It's 1938, and Iran is Germany."

Except that in 1938, the Jews weren't already armed to the teeth with their Own nuclear weapons!

Not to mention their own Nation, which in its own right, and with the blessing and backing of a world super-power, dominates the region with military might and political clout.

No Benny, boychek, you've got it all backwards!

Yes, it's 1938, but from your lips to the Almighty's Ears,

It is Israel that makes like for Germany! with your talk of "stopping Iran"!

Benny, dare I even ask... What is Your idea of a "Final Solution" to this

"Arab Problem"?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
netenyahoo, or whatever sounds a little crazy at this point. Comparing Germany to Iran is grasping for straws while on the weaker side of a moral argument.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Does he just want to provoke Iran? Is he just TRYING to escalate tensions?

I thought military force was Israel's last option?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Netanyahoo is a viscious man. He and his cohorts have been attempting to raise sanctions on Iran for over 10 years falsely accusing them of having the bomb. If attempting to bring organized economic grief and suffering to a country is not considered an act of war then we need to change a few laws here in this country that govern Animal Rights activists being charged as terrorists if they bring any type of economic loss or hostile protest to a corporation as well as laws governing calling for any organized Boycott of Israel. I guess its different since it affects corporate profits and Israel versus the unimportance of Non-Israeli civilians living in another country.

The imbalance of justice is becoming horrendous and the paranoid rants of this one small country acting as though it was a major super-power contolling and setting policy for the entire Middle East is becoming tiring. If anyone needs sanctioning at this point it should be them.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Exactly how many?...answer that.

What constitutes "many"...a few hundred...a few thousand...c'mon, get over the Idea and move on.

Jews in Iran have no cake-walk...If they do prove it.

mg

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

What constitutes "many"...a few hundred...a few thousand...c'mon, get over the Idea and move on.

mg

Well this took me all of a minute to find - there's this thing called Google you might want to try

Although Iran and Israel are bitter enemies, few know that Iran is home to the largest number of Jews anywhere in the Middle East outside Israel.

About 25,000 Jews live in Iran and most are determined to remain no matter what the pressures - as proud of their Iranian culture as of their Jewish roots.

It is dawn in the Yusufabad synagogue in Tehran and Iranian Jews bring out the Torah and read the ancient text before making their way to work.

It is not a sight you would expect in a revolutionary Islamic state, but there are synagogues dotted all over Iran where Jews discreetly practise their religion.

"Because of our long history here we are tolerated," says Jewish community leader Unees Hammami, who organised the prayers.

He says the father of Iran's revolution, Imam Khomeini, recognised Jews as a religious minority that should be protected.

As a result Jews have one representative in the Iranian parliament.

"Imam Khomeini made a distinction between Jews and Zionists and he supported us," says Mr Hammami.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Anything else you can't be bothered to search for - just ask, it's no trouble, honestly.

Netanyahu is a crazy zioinist hell-bent on regional domination. It's not the fact that he's a Nazi in sheeps clothing that worries me - it's the fact that he's given an audience - playing the 'Holocaust card' here just shows how desparate he is to justify a pre-emptive attack.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And you don't give a country to a ``people`` if they were persecuted because a lot of people are being killed for their origin or religion, so don't play the victim card because the jew holocaust is not more bad than any other holocaust. And if we start giving foreign land to anyone who gets a holocaust, we will have to create 100s of countries and that will bring even more genocides and wars.

From the Torah itself, jews are banned by God himself from Israël, and they are ban from there until God say himself that they can go back, something that will never happen until they write another Torah. So zionists are not real jews, they use it to further their political and middle-east domination. Of course there's real jews that go there and buy this racist idea, some people believe Bush as the God speaker...

IMO, Israël is a big error for the world and the jews, but a big card for the globalists and the corporations for their interests. And what Netanyahu do, using the holocaust memories to further his warmongering is pure evil and he spit on every holocaust survivor and victim. Shame on him.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Your quote:

Although Iran and Israel are bitter enemies, few know that Iran is home to the largest number of Jews anywhere in the Middle East outside Israel.

About 25,000 Jews live in Iran and most are determined to remain no matter what the pressures - as proud of their Iranian culture as of their Jewish roots.

Well you answered one (that's a 1) question….obviously a whole bunch of Jews live in Iran!!!!! Hell out of almost 70,000,000 (seventy million)….25k is…

...wait a second...TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND!!!…OMG!!!… it's that “many”…pfft!...WTF was my point?????

Wait thats not all...“Largest number of Jews in the ME”....this should tell you something as well (other than read more).

I won't trouble you to find anything again....(If I do...please don't)

mg

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

mg

Iranians had quite a history of helping the Jewish people in the past:

In 1941, as Hitler was beginning to put in motion his murderous "final solution," the Iranian government convinced Nazi "race experts" that Iranian Jews had lived in Iran for 2,500 years, were fully assimilated members of the Persian nation and must be afforded all the rights of Iranian citizens.

Moreover, thousands of European Jews were saved when Iranian diplomats provided them with Iranian passports. And in the years after World War II, the Iranian government and people were exceedingly helpful - according to Israel's first ambassador to Iran - in facilitating the travel of hundreds of Iraqi Jews escaping persecution and heading for what was soon to be Israel.

Iran in fact was the first Muslim country to de facto recognize Israel and established close ties that lasted till 1979.
Link

Prior to the Islamic Revolution in 1979 there were 85,000 Iranian Jews, almost half that now live in the U.S.A.

The "persecution" that Iranian Jews experience today is no different to that experienced by Christians and Zoroastrians that live in any country under Sharia Law.

On the eve of Passover in 1999, 13 Jews from Shiran and Isfahan in southern Iran were arrested and accused of spying for Israel and the United States. Those arrested include a rabbi, a ritual slaughterer and teachers. In September 2000, an Iranian appeals court upheld a decision to imprison ten of the thirteen Jews accused of spying for Israel. In the appeals court, ten of the accused were found guilty of cooperating with Israel and were given prison terms ranging from two to nine years. Three of the accused were found innocent in the first trial.5 In March 2001, one of the imprisoned Jews was released, a second was freed in January 2002, the remaining eight were set free in late October 2002. The last five apparently were released on furlough for an indefinite period, leaving them vulnerable to future arrest. Three others were reportedly pardoned by Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.6
Link

Seems no different to persecution of Muslims in Guantanamo Bay.

[edit on 14/11/2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous

Well this took me all of a minute to find - there's this thing called Google you might want to try

Well to be fair there were other sources that said while there are more Jews in Iran than any other ME country , they did say that they are forced to read their bible in Farsi rather then Hebrew and there have been arrests in the past which were questionable and Iranians charged them with spying for Israel (Which is quite possible the Mossad must get their info from somewhere) as well as they are forced to open their schools on saturday which is the Sabbath for them. I would also imagine that the Jewish women as well as the Christian women must all wear head scarves to cover their heads when out in public as well.

If you remember the Yellow badge article in the canadian newspaper a while ago, even though the Iranian Jews themselves came out and said this wasn't true , it was still a convenience to some to still believe it as fact. If this guy ahminijad was really out to kill the jews and was a Mini Hitler, i think the ones closest to him would have been first to go.

Also it says that the 20,000 remaining Jews in Iran are too poor to leave the country, well I read the other day Israel was airlifting over 800 indigenous Indians in India because they thought they were some sort of Lost Tribe of Israel that was being financed by Evangalist Christians in the USA. I wonder why they would have airlifted these people that were not under any type of danger or threat to be placed in Israel of all places (I wonder if they know what they are walking into) LOL instead of bringing the destitute Jews of Iran to Israel first if its so bad for them!!!!??? Could it be they will want them there to maximize the effect if Iran decides to do something later? It makes no sense.They airlift people all over the world to make Aliyah to Israel I wonder why they left these people to suffer there in Iran if conditions are so bad?

Pie

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It may be politics, however living in a nation surrounded by enemies, perceived or real. I can understand his and many Israelis call to arms and a defencive or perhaps offensive posture.

Iran and its leaders over the years has called for the destruction of Israel, and given the current nuclear threat Iran poses, again perceived or real. I can understand.

In a way it is like watching an inevitable war unfold slowly, while the rest of the world sits watching either apathetic or unable to stop it.

I do not believe Israel will stand by and watch Iran become a "nuclear power" nor do I believe Iran will abandon its quest for nuclear advancement, either for peaceful purposes or for weaponry.

This war is inevitable.

Or is it?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Wait thats not all...“Largest number of Jews in the ME”....this should tell you something as well (other than read more).

I won't trouble you to find anything again....(If I do...please don't)

mg

Read it again it says 'in the Middle East Outside Israel' or did you just miss that bit.

Pie
TBH I found a few sites, some were fairly critical, some weren't but were old sources - the Beeb article seemed both recent & fair.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
It may be politics, however living in a nation surrounded by enemies, perceived or real. I can understand his and many Israelis call to arms and a defencive or perhaps offensive posture.

Iran and its leaders over the years has called for the destruction of Israel, and given the current nuclear threat Iran poses, again perceived or real. I can understand.

In a way it is like watching an inevitable war unfold slowly, while the rest of the world sits watching either apathetic or unable to stop it.

I do not believe Israel will stand by and watch Iran become a "nuclear power" nor do I believe Iran will abandon its quest for nuclear advancement, either for peaceful purposes or for weaponry.

This war is inevitable.

Or is it?

I hope not

I agree with what you say but one could easily reverse Iran and Israel in that argument - Iran lives under the shadow of Israel's nukes and has seen it bomb other Arab countries with impunity.
They used to have another beligerent Arab state as a buffer 'tween them and Israel but that's been neutered by Israel's friends. I really doubt they want nukes for a pre-emptive strike but to achieve a MAD situation with Israel. Unless Israel scraps its nukes then I can't see why Iran shouldn't have them too.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
in regards to iranian jews:

Wiki
Like other religious minorities in Iran, Jews suffer from officially sanctioned discrimination, particularly in the areas of employment, education, and housing. They may not occupy senior positions in the government or the military and are prevented from serving in the judiciary and security services and from becoming public school heads.

The anti‑Israel policies of the Iranian government, along with a perception among radical Muslims that all Jewish citizens support Zionism and the State of Israel, create a hostile atmosphere for the Jewish community.

Jews often are the target of degrading caricatures in the Iranian press. Jewish leaders reportedly are reluctant to draw attention to official mistreatment of their community due to fear of government reprisal.

and in regards to the question of why there hasnt been much jewish migration from iran to israel (same source):

Jewish citizens are permitted to obtain passports and to travel outside the country, but they often are denied the multiple-exit permits normally issued to other citizens. With the exception of certain business travelers, the authorities require Jewish persons to obtain clearance and pay additional fees before each trip abroad. The Iranian government is concerned about the emigration of Jewish citizens and permission generally is not granted for all members of a Jewish family to travel outside the country at the same time.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
This war is inevitable.

Or is it?

Imho, no the war in this case is not inevitable…however what is distressing is that it is not in reality currently “up to” the states in the region to decided for themselves if war can be averted. On that note…unfortunately it is closer now than ever before.

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
Iranians had quite a history of helping the Jewsish people in the past:

Look, these types of threads have a tendency to derail into topics such as this. Try starting a thread on “helpful Iran” keeping in mind a few other topics:

The anti-Semitic media campaign in Iran and its’ effects of the Jewish population…or
Iranian Jews and the Iranian legal system in c & e…or
How Iran responds to its’ Jewish “community” leaders…or
How really free Jews in Iran are to worship…or
The educational opportunities available to Jews in Iran…for a start.

If you truly believe what you are saying is fact…bare in mind:

The arrested Jews in 1999 were only set free after an insider exposed the problem to the BBC in an interview (England has nearly three times the Jewish population of Iran).

Iran was Persia with a Shah as a ruler in WWII…not the current theocracy (mullahocracy)…a whole different era and time…and

If Iran recognizes Israel today…then why call Israel illegitimate (among other things)?

mg

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
and in regards to the question of why there hasnt been much jewish migration from iran to israel (same source):

Still it seems to me that instead of the government of Israel to go shopping for 100 planes that aren't even yet in existence and spend 5Billion of someone elses money , that they should invest the money in protection of their own if they are in such a dire position. It makes no sense the money they spend on weaponry yet they cannot rescue these people. Its also a shame weapons are worth more to them.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Read it again it says 'in the Middle East Outside Israel' or did you just miss that bit.

Of course I understood your statements and links to mean nothing less than that obviously there had to be far less Jews in Israel than in Iran. This understandably has to be my position based upon what I have stated…right?

Again…what fantastic points presented.

mg

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join