It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Called To Save United States

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Like it or not but, Iran is being called to rescue world's only remaining Superpower.

Rescue? No, Iran may be called to help rescue the Iraqi people who are stuck in the middle of a bad situation. The world's only remaining superpower does not need rescued, Bush's legacy may need rescued, but we are not in "trouble" there, if we wanted we could lay waste, without regard, to any and every city and neighborhood we may believe insurgents to be hiding, and I'm not talking about nuking or anything like that, purely conventional. We could pull all our ground forces together, dig in, only go out with heavy armor so their IED's and suicide bombs would be worthless, and from the air alone, make them live like field mice under a sky full of hawks. We could be worse than Saddam if we wanted and bring back the rule of fear. But we won't, and that's good, because we're not as bad as many like to say. And I hope Iran does help out to stabilize the place, so we can leave those poor people alone. But your implication that we need rescued implies we are weak and being defeated by the insurgency, when it's really that we don't want to (nor should we for the sake of innocent people) do what would be necessary to crush them...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And here we come to the meat of the subject. "They" aren't like us. "They" are different. "They" are ignorant and stupid and less cultured. "They" aren't sophisticated like we are.

All this talk sounds so familiar, and is frankly, incredibly frightening to hear. And we Americans wonder how it is the German people went along with Hitler and his genocide? It is exactly this attitude, this dehumanization of the enemy, this "us against them, and they aren't really human like us anyway" mentality that leads to the brutalization, oppression, and murder of millions.

Boy,you do quite the job painting me as the bad guy here,Athenion. Wow..

And here we come to the meat of the subject. "They" aren't like us. "They" are different. "They" are ignorant and stupid and less cultured. "They" aren't sophisticated like we are.

Where do I even imply that America has culture? America has no culture that it can call its own. Every other culture has been assimilated into America..Sophistication?
Where have I said or even implied that America is sophisticated?
I simply said they do not have the mindset that Westerners do. Only an uninformed individual would argue otherwise.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Satan is "the great deceiver," according to the three monotheistic religions. Therefore,in reality, if they were saying "America is the great deceiver," they are still equating America with Satan.

Using your belief, would you say then that when Bush calls Iran as "The Axis of Evil," he actually implies "The Axis of the Devil," since after all, the devil is evil?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Satan is "the great deceiver," according to the three monotheistic religions. Therefore,in reality, if they were saying "America is the great deceiver," they are still equating America with Satan.

Using your belief, would you say then that when Bush calls Iran as "The Axis of Evil," he actually implies "The Axis of the Devil," since after all, the devil is evil?

Nope. Calling something "evil" is not the same as transposing words over words. "Great deceiver" and the "Great Satan" are one and the same thing.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 17-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Nope. Calling something "evil" is not the same as transposing words over words. "Great deceiver" and the "Great Satan" are one and the same thing.

The term "Axis of Evil" implies the most evil nations viewed by the US government. There's a reason why it only contains 3 countries rather than all the countries Bush views as "evil." This is enough reason to believe that the government views these nations as the "most evil," and not just "evil."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join