It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Called To Save United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
So, are you saying you hope for the conflict to widen? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some cooperation and the chance for more war diminishing, and the current war coming to an end. But you'll probably get your wish and more people will die. It's really a bummer,

after calling them axis of evil, terrorist states and so on
why should they help fix the mess the united states created with the help from the UK (thanks to our bitch of leader)

also from irans experience with the united states

In the past, Tehran has had its fingers burnt by trying to open a dialogue with this most hawkish of US administrations.

In May 2003, for example, it offered to open up its nuclear programme, rein in Hezbollah and co-operate against al-Qaeda, but was reportedly rebuffed as the insistence of former Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Vice-President Dick Cheney.
source

But you'll probably get your wish and more people will die. It's really a bummer, but unfortunately it seems even non-fanatic muslims like yourself want a clash of civilizations and that our cultures simply will not be able to coexist. I hope I'm wrong...

what does my post have anything to do with my religon?
im sure millions of non muslims will agree with me (read have your say and so forth and members who post here)

so could you explain that part to me and why you used that for an example?

[edit on 13-11-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
why should they help fix the mess the united states created with the help from the UK

Both states are happy that Saddam is history. Beyond that, this is just an idea that's being considered.

Personally, I'm not sure it's a good idea, but as I said earlier, these kinds of negotiations are going on all the time.

Politics make strange bedfellows.

[edit on 2006/11/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have read these articles before and all I have to say is...heh?

Tell me it isn't so. I'd rather them put a pro-US dictator there! Is there a PLAN? Like some secret plan to royally F up the Middle East?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What I have found in the news is nothing along the lines of the topic of this post and the articles conclusions drawn from some earlier indications. Rather, some threatening words have come-out from the White House. Blair also appears not to be giving any ground.

US President George W Bush has rejected dealing with Iran unless it suspends its uranium enrichment activities.
Iran must face "economic isolation" if it proceeds with its nuclear weapons ambitions, Mr Bush said.
His comments come amid mounting pressure for the US to consider engaging Iran and Syria to help end the bloodshed in neighbouring Iraq.
BBC

President Bush and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert turned up the heat on Iran over its nuclear program on Monday, despite growing pressure for Washington to reach out to Tehran to help stabilize Iraq.
Reuters

Doesn’t appear as if too much is going to happen ‘Iran is needed to help’ anytime soon.

Calling for Iran’s ‘general help’ in bringing stability does not mean immediate policy changes or concessions….but is should be expected.

mg

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow asking iran for help....has bush really sunk that low. A country that they themselves labeled as a terrorist threat they are asking for help. I could see it now. "Iranian army turn on american soldiers."

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pepperslappy
Wow asking iran for help....has bush really sunk that low.

If you'll turn on C-Span, you can see and hear for yourself what the president has to say on the matter. It is not nearly as simplistic as it is being discussed here, which is stretching the term discuss pretty far.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

why should they help fix the mess the united states created with the help from the UK (thanks to our bitch of leader)

The United States didn't call them anything, ONE crappy administration that has ALWAYS been out of touch with the majority of Americans did. An administration that has pretty much had it's balls clipped in this last election, and it would be a great opportunity for them (Iran and Syria) to show the American people just how full of crap the Bush administration and to show they aren't a threat, and cold even be friends. Wouldn't that put a dent in Bush's legacy?

Sorry bodrul if you took offense, and I know there are plenty of non-muslims that share your desire to see the U.S. fail, but there are also plenty of non-muslims that do not want to see anybody fail, and for peace to take hold. But honestly, I have not seen even ONE muslim not living in the U.S. say they wish for everybody to live in peace and harmony. And your post saying you wish Iran and Syria tell us where to stick it just kinda proved that, because you seem like a good, reasonable person. Would it be so bad to see Bush humiliated further and for the people of the U.S. and the M.E. to make peace with each other?

[edit on 13-11-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The United States didn't call them anything, ONE crappy administration that has ALWAYS been out of touch with the majority of Americans did. An administration that has pretty much had it's balls clipped in this last election, and it would be a great opportunity for them (Iran and Syria) to show the American people just how full of crap the Bush administration and to show they aren't a threat, and cold even be friends. Wouldn't that put a dent in Bush's legacy?

Sorry bodrul if you took offense, and I know there are plenty of non-muslims that share your desire to see the U.S. fail, but there are also plenty of non-muslims that do not want to see anybody fail, and for peace to take hold. But honestly, I have not seen even ONE muslim not living in the U.S. say they wish for everybody to live in peace and harmony. And your post saying you wish Iran and Syria tell us where to stick it just kinda proved that, because you seem like a good, reasonable person. Would it be so bad to see Bush humiliated further and for the people of the U.S. and the M.E. to make peace with each other?

[edit on 13-11-2006 by 27jd]

Bravo BRAVO! I couldn't have said it better myself! I concur with Mr. 27jd! Additionally I would like to add that I am voting for you because you are the coolest.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Great Satan and Axis of Evil working togather?

Does not surprise me one bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The "Great Satan" phrase has been misquoted. When US was called "Great Satan" it didn't imply the Devil itself. In Persian and Islam, the term "shaitan" means "deciever," and is used to describe not only devils and demons, but also a person/body who is deceptive. It was this word that was used, but when translated to English, the translator used the term "satan" rather than "deciever."

What they impled wasn't "US is the Great Satan," but rather "US is the great deciever."

[edit on 14-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think this thread is missing the point of the speeches completely. I watched both of them. No one is asking Iran and Syria for help the way people here are making it sound. Help from them is not wanted. They can 'help' us by staying the @#%& out of Iraq. Blair said that most of Iraq problems are coming from external forces in the region, a clear reference to Iran and Syria. The fact is, is that both syria and Iran are using this situation as a proxy war for themselves. Everyone involved knows that Iran and Syria will never be constructive as they hate democracy and would like to see Iraq become part of their strict Islamic Caliphate. We just want them to stop supporting and promoting an insurgency that is destroying Iraq and to stop supporting shiite militias like Al Sadr's.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
iran will not agree to this nonsense. some radical group on either side will do something stupid, and then it will escallate like it always does over there. i think that this meeting will end in an even more hatred against the usa. they will not do this. irans president will make some demand that bush will not accept. irans president will still keep the nuke thing. he will not allow any inspectors of the usa or anyone else to make sure that they stop with the nukes. bush will sanction iran in the end and iran will defend itself. usa knows this, this is already planned out. iran will strike in the gulf in retaliation to the sanctions and usa will invade. this dommino will fall people. this february it begins. your gas prices will start to go up again in late december or beginning january. iran will not back down. this man is to cunning , and sees right thru it. we need the oil, iran , syria, iraq have it and so do there friends. iran will not back down(with the nuke leverage) to control this oil. it is only a matter of time and this february is the deadline.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

i agree there (to late though)

i just find it a piss take when people bring in my faith each time i question something,

its not that i dont want peace and so forth (and this isnt from a religous point of view) the united states have said so many times that it can do what ever it wants and so much more and then they have the nerve to go and ask the countries that they are threatening with sanctions and double standerds to help them out of a hole that they have dug them selves into is pathetic.

the americans voted in the bush administration (and majourity rules) and now their leader has fecked things up they decide they want to vote bush out

i dont have anything against americans in general (maybe the twits who sit on their arm chairs all day preaching war and so forth) and in some ways i want to see the US fail, the reason for this is the USs general attitude towards the rest of the countries

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
The "Great Satan" phrase has been misquoted. When US was called "Great Satan" it didn't imply the Devil itself. In Persian and Islam, the term "shaitan" means "deciever," and is used to describe not only devils and demons, but also a person/body who is deceptive. It was this word that was used, but when translated to English, the translator used the term "satan" rather than "deciever."

What they impled wasn't "US is the Great Satan," but rather "US is the great deciever."

[edit on 14-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

Satan is "the great deceiver," according to the three monotheistic religions. Therefore,in reality, if they were saying "America is the great deceiver," they are still equating America with Satan.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
Additionally I would like to add that I am voting for you because you are the coolest.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Like the Alien pic, Giger kicks @ss.

i just find it a piss take when people bring in my faith each time i question something

Well, you're faith is more relevant than the average wannabe anarchist or hippy who would oppose pretty much any government regardless because it's the cool thing to do. The radical form of your religion is the perceived enemy of my people and way of life, so I value your input and/or opinion more, because it helps me to gauge the temperature of the general Islamic faith for myself, without western media cramming it down my throat. Unfortunately, it seems like it may just be as bad as they say.

the united states have said so many times that it can do what ever it wants and so much more and then they have the nerve to go and ask the countries that they are threatening with sanctions and double standerds to help them out of a hole that they have dug them selves into is pathetic.

Well, I don't see it that way, even though it really doesn't appear they are asking for help, I would see cooperation as a way to maybe defuse things and start on a new path to peace, instead of the current path to more war.

the americans voted in the bush administration (and majourity rules) and now their leader has fecked things up they decide they want to vote bush out

No we didn't, at least I don't believe so. I believe the election was rigged, I don't know ANYBODY who liked him or voted for him personally. I was against going into Iraq, but there was nothing I could do to stop it. And your leaders were right behind Bush, what should we all have done, yourself included, to stop them from going into Iraq?

i dont have anything against americans in general (maybe the twits who sit on their arm chairs all day preaching war and so forth)

There are twits who do the same over there across the pond my friend. We're all human before we're Americans, Brits, or whatever, and there are aggressive, angry people in every country.

and in some ways i want to see the US fail, the reason for this is the USs general attitude towards the rest of the countries

And I could say the same about the muslim world, I could say I want to see muslims go down because of their general attitude towards my way of life. And I could say you are my enemy because you want my country to fail, and my son not to have a future, which fills me with the same rage the extremists feel toward my people, and that's what the Bush administration wants. And that's exactly what's gonna keep this fire burning, and the pockets of the warmongers and oil whores full of cash. We're all playing right into their hands.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone else find it ironic that a Muslim who dares to question U.S. supremacy in the world gets attacked on these boards, and yet several memebers who are die hard christians, and even use Christian imagery in their profiles can rabidly support U.S. intervention in the middle east, and promote violence, and none of us even bat an eye?

I mean, we wonder how certain factions within the Muslim religion are able to twist their beliefs to create a violent atmosphere, while we have rabid christians here in the U.S. calling for the nuking of the middle east when Christ taught forgiving your enemies.

Ah...there's nothing like some good old fashion American hubris.

I agree that the United States is in major need of a wake up call. Like many American Citizens who saw what happened on 9/11, I hoped that this would wake up many of my fellow americans to the realization that the United States cannot simply continue to do whatever it wants where ever it wants and expect other nations to simply put up with it. But sadly, it seems to have had the opposite effect, and we've become more obstinant, to the point of becoming almost a charicature of what we once were. We're now acting like the bully of the school yard, knocking the other kids over and taking their lunches.

I just hope we can change our behavior before something worse than 9/11 occurs.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athenion
II agree that the United States is in major need of a wake up call. Like many American Citizens who saw what happened on 9/11, I hoped that this would wake up many of my fellow americans to the realization that the United States cannot simply continue to do whatever it wants where ever it wants and expect other nations to simply put up with it. But sadly, it seems to have had the opposite effect, and we've become more obstinant, to the point of becoming almost a charicature of what we once were. We're now acting like the bully of the school yard, knocking the other kids over and taking their lunches.

It seems to me you thought America was supposed to cower in a corner somewhere after 9/11...

[edit on 14-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It seems to me you thought America was supposed to cower in a corner somewhere after 9/11...

And what exactly would have given you that impression? Please try your best to avoid being asinine and simplistic. If you really believe that our choices were:

A - Cower in the corner somewhere
or
B - Attack a country that had no ties to 9/11

Then I truly feel sorry for you.

I certainyl believe that those who committed 9/11 needed (and still need) to be brought to justice. I think a controlled and measured response was necessary. And I also think it should have caused our nation to pause and think, to try and understand why these people hate us so much. Even if, in the end, we did not agree with their perspective, as Sun Tsu taught, if you do not understand first yourself, and then your enemy, you cannot prevail on the battlefield. And that is exactly what we see occuring in Iraq and Afganistan right now.

Sadly, the U.S. has done none of these. The Taliban is back in Afganistan, wagin war against the government we put in place and the U.S. troops. Bin Laden is still out there somewhere, along with most of his Al Queda operatives. So pleae, enlighten me. Please tell me how these wars have made us any safer? And please let's not regurtitate the party line of "we're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here", because that's obviously a load of lies, otherwise why would our government be taughting all of these recently foiled terrorist attempts within the U.S.? We're not fighting Al Queda in Iraq. Generous estimates of the insurgency in Iraq place 7% of the fighters as foreigners. That's not even just Al Queda, who the DoD estimates makes up 3% of the insurgency.

3%

What I advocate is bringing those who committed 9/11 to justice, whoever they may be, and then trying to understand why many in the middle east celebrated the death of 3,000 american citizens.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the U.S. has a nasty habit of clandestinely overthrowing any regime who dares oppose them. Maybe it has something to do with the U.S.'s support of governments who are comitting genocide, even to the point of selling them arms. Maybe it has something to do with the economic oppression of the G8, the IMF, and the World Bank, all of which the U.S. supports.

Or maybe your right, the terrorists and middle easterners just "hate your freedom". I'm sure that's what it is. Seems much more rational to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Doesn't anyone else find it ironic that a Muslim who dares to question U.S. supremacy in the world gets attacked on these boards, and yet several memebers who are die hard christians, and even use Christian imagery in their profiles can rabidly support U.S. intervention in the middle east, and promote violence, and none of us even bat an eye?

What board are you reading? They get attacked more than anybody, and I'm first in line to do so. I am against any organized religion, I have faith in a higher power and purpopse, but religions are man made shams IMO, all of them. And they are inadvertantly destroying our existence.

But sadly, it seems to have had the opposite effect, and we've become more obstinant, to the point of becoming almost a charicature of what we once were. We're now acting like the bully of the school yard, knocking the other kids over and taking their lunches.

We? We haven't become anything, ignorant people have always been ignorant, 9/11 just gave them new direction for their hate. I don't want to nuke anybody, or take their lunch. But the catch 22 is that the Bush administration, oil companies, etc. have created a less than friendly atmosphere where there are folks who want us all to die for it, and although I wish I could have stopped them myself, now we (rational people) have no choice but to be on the defensive because we don't deserve to die for something we had no real control over, same as the rational people in the ME. Corrupt governments have turned us all against each other, and the only way to stop this, is for the people everywhere, in unison, to stop hating other rational people, and direct the hate towards the corrupt leaders who are using us all as pawns. But that's not likely to happen.

I just hope we can change our behavior before something worse than 9/11 occurs.

What could you or I change that would stop something worse than 9/11? You think that extremists are getting all pissed reading these posts (like Jay and Silent Bob) by ignorant civilians who have no say in anything calling for the nuking of other countries? People showed they want change this election, what more were you hoping for?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What I advocate is bringing those who committed 9/11 to justice, whoever they may be, and then trying to understand why many in the middle east celebrated the death of 3,000 american citizens.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the U.S. has a nasty habit of clandestinely overthrowing any regime who dares oppose them. Maybe it has something to do with the U.S.'s support of governments who are comitting genocide, even to the point of selling them arms. Maybe it has something to do with the economic oppression of the G8, the IMF, and the World Bank, all of which the U.S. supports.

Or maybe your right, the terrorists and middle easterners just "hate your freedom". I'm sure that's what it is. Seems much more rational to me.

First,in order to answer any of your posted questions, one has to know the history of that whole region over there. Let me ask you. What have any of those countries in the Middle East,including "divine" Israel, ever done in the last 4000 years other than fight and cause blood shed? What? Please "enlighten" me...

Do they hate anything that is opposite of their theocratic world views? Certainly. One thing that I have gained from my studies of different religious beliefs and spiritualities is that there are three religions that are indifferent and opposed to any beliefs that are opposite of thie own. What are those three belief systems? Well, what are the three ruling beliefs systems in today's world? Judaism,Christianity and Islam.

Now, back to the real subject of this thread.. What is the most militant of those three world religions? Islam. Israel and the Arabs have been fighting for at least 3500 years and are not likely,despite America's efforts, to cease.

Athenion,not everything you posted was incorrect.. It is rather arrogant of a nation that is not even 250 years old to think it can stop an ongoing war that has been going on upwards toward 4000 years. However,again, what has the Middle East contributed other that warfare to this world in the last 4000 years?

I don't think understanding "why they hate us" is a very lengthy study at all. Middle eastern people have historically hated all Western cultures because of our reliance on self thought and study. You can't convince a group of people that has had theocracy crammed down their throats all of their lives to actually respect any free thinking Western nation. Can you?

I think,Athenion, instead of falling into your "Let's blame America" mode, you should really examine what kind of people we are dealing with. We are not dealing with people who think like you or I do,Atheninon. If you think we are, then,alas, you are sadly mistaken.

[edit on 14-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join