It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Called To Save United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Headlines could not be more damning.

Britain and America are finally asking Iran to come save their face in Iraq.

Put it any way you want, but that is what it really means.

"Axis of Evil" is to protect the "Great Satan".

BBC Last Updated: Monday, 13 November 2006, 12:51 GMT

US 'open to Iran talks on Iraq'

The White House has indicated it will consider talking to Iran and Syria about the future of Iraq.

BBC Last Updated: Monday, 13 November 2006, 15:31 GMT

Blair looking to Iran and Syria

Tony Blair is to call for dialogue with Iran and Syria to secure peace in the Middle East, as Defence Secretary Des Browne says change is "under way".

Blair asks 'axis of evil' for help in Iraq

Tony Blair will call tonight for dialogue with Iran and Syria to secure peace in Iraq and the Middle East.

The Prime Minister will use a major foreign affairs speech to the City of London to warn both states - once named by George W Bush as members of the "axis of evil" - of the consequences of failing to help.

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/11/13/ublair113.xml

[edit on 13-11-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This will be the first move of the Democrats. "Hey, let's integrate the enemy and have them to help us." Oh,yeah,that's sure to work.
Even though they don't take office until January,it's already moving in that direction.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
bbc have your say

should read the comments there

anyhow this is hilerious, i mean these are the axis of evil thats right AXIS OF EVIL
now why would blair and bush want them two countries to help?
they are suppose to be terrorist nations in the eyes of the US

i hope Iran and syria tell them where to stick it

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Bodrul,
I'm gonna have to say some thing i never thought I would do.

I agree with you.

Iran and Syria are sovereign nations, whos people are fully behind their leaders. Who the hell does Bush think he is / Blair think he is to label these nations just because they happen to disagree with the current policies within downing street / white house??!!

I know Syria and Iran support what we in the west call terrorist causes, but lets be honest, who has killed more people without justification? the paelstein islamic groups or the American troops / british troops in Iraq?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
This will be the first move of the Democrats. "Hey, let's integrate the enemy and have them to help us." Oh,yeah,that's sure to work.
Even though they don't take office until January,it's already moving in that direction.

Ok, let's examine these articles, shall we? Since the delovely Democrats are soooo at fault on this..

Ex-US Secretary of State James Baker, who heads the Iraq Study Group, is leading a delegation to the White House for talks with President George W Bush. Source

Tony Blair is to call for dialogue with Iran and Syria to secure peace in the Middle East, as Defence Secretary Des Browne says change is "under way". Source

The Prime Minister will use a major foreign affairs speech to the City of London to warn both states - once named by George W Bush as members of the "axis of evil" - of the consequences of failing to help.
Source

Now, how about we take off our political party blinders and try to look at a news story for what it is. James Baker, ex Secretary of State is indeed a Republican, and crony of Father Bush. Hrm... no Democrat there...

Or are you stating that since Democrats are taking control of Congress in January that the government of Great Britain is being forced to ask to speak with Iran?

I know that this would make lovely fodder to throw against the Democrats, but unfortunately they are not in power yet, so it is kinda hard to hold this at their fault. Of course, I am sure that the Democrats will do a splendid job at screwing things up in different ways, but I think it's quite ridiculous to blame a party that is not even in power yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Democrats and Republicans are working together on foreign policy now. And let’s face it they’re about as clueless as each other: Bush doesn’t know what the plan is, and the Democrats don’t have a plan. It’s called Dumb and Dumber 2. So you see they really don’t have a choice but to work together.

However as far as stupidity goes I think inviting Iran in to help is a first. I can just about understand asking Iran to not be such a pain in the butt; but the very fact we have to ask-beg is a symptom of just how weak our position actually is.
Then again if we’re really committed to a democracy of fundamentalists and sectarian differences, and (which due to some 60% of populations ethnic and cultural make up)
is going to (sooner or later) hand Iran a great deal of influence over Iraq, then perhaps what we are doing fits quite nicely with our foreign of policy: Strengthening Iran?
Of course that was never the intention; it’s just the way Dubya and Co have let it work out. Then again as long as the leading Democrats have the same policy as the leading Republicans surely it’s really the fault of shared stupidity (a sort of shared Dubya).

The Alternative…
Resurrect the Ba’th Party, save Saddam to help do the job, and if its too late (because we’ve executed him) try very hard to find someone more or less just like him. Iraq is not fit for democracy (fact: this is more so now than in 2003).
Ether we take the initiative or we say hello to a Iran (with a virtual) expansion of borders. Splitting Iraq up is no better (in fact worse because it’s still an ideal for irrational terrorists) compared with officially giving and splitting Iraq’s borders between Iran and Syria.

But because we won’t do that we seem determined to boycott the interests of Israel and our own by strengthening the power Iran (especially if we’re leaving).
Which raises a question: When will be invading Iraq again? It may be part of Iran, it may be a no mans land, it could even be a Iraq. Point is one way or another our troops currently seem destined to visit that territory again.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Bodrul,

I agree with you.

Iran and Syria are sovereign nations, whos people are fully behind their leaders.

Ummm,not 95% of the Iranian population. Iranaians tend to be very pro-American. Now, if you want to talk about their theocratic,and unelected, government over there,that is a whole other issue.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
This will be the first move of the Democrats.

Its the bush administration bushing for cooperation with iran and syria. The same administration that says that Iran is one of the two most evil nations in the world. This isn't a problem withthe democrats. Bush is simply drifting with what he thinks is the political wind. Dems won, so he fires rumsfeld and makes ovetures to iran.
Flip/Flop

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Did you know, prior to sept11, Iran actually provided intellegence to US agencies warning them an attack was imminent.

Iran were our 'medium' friends, they hadnt hit us in a while..
After bush labeled them in the axis speach, thats when things reallly got tempered.

Unfortunately, there's been way to much said and done in the public realm for iran to 'save' us from our own making.

Iran wants to see the old Iraq destroyed...
Iran gets into trouble for training hezbollah in Iran,
so why not create a super training field in the country nxt door for your hidden army to take on your arch enemy!

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A democrat will believe a PROVEN LIAR ...A republican would want his mom to prove to him what she is telling him !!!!!!!!!! SHOW ME ATTITUDE !

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Did you know, prior to sept11, Iran actually provided intellegence to US agencies warning them an attack was imminent.

Iran were our 'medium' friends, they hadnt hit us in a while..
After bush labeled them in the axis speach, thats when things reallly got tempered.

Unfortunately, there's been way to much said and dont in the public realm for iran simply to help us save our necks.

They may have said something and they may have been trying to cover it up and set the people up .. But misinformation of the least bit would have Blind sided us .. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .. I WONDER ..????

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The best 'mis-information' would of been no information at all.

IE...

If I knew my friends were going to ROB you on thursday...
I wouldnt tell you that on Sunday someones going to break in and rape you..

I mean, you'd prepare would you.

The Iranian people arent bad people, they want peace, most of them enjoy american values and so forth.

Their ruler is a finatic, who was involved in the hostage taking im certain.

Think about it, if Russia declared America an AXIS of Evil, after years of relative peace...

would you still be happy with russia?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah .... ON Friday .. I would be outta my office looking for the best most effective way of stopping this from happening .. because I know ALL ... and you are my information source and I did not see this coming at all .. So you tell me on Wednesday night and then on thursday when I am out getting everything in order for fridays install .. Guess WHAT !!!?!?!

The best 'mis-information' would of been no information at all.

IE...

If I knew my friends were going to ROB you on thursday...
I wouldnt tell you that on Sunday someones going to break in and rape you..

I mean, you'd prepare would you.

The Iranian people arent bad people, they want peace, most of them enjoy american values and so forth.

Think about it, if Russia declared America an AXIS of Evil, after years of relative peace...

would you still be happy with russia?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I suspect that is part of the reason the U.S has not taken military action against Iran. We hold on to a hope that there will be an uprising by its own people that will eventually topple the regime. It hasn't happened yet. However, that is not to say that it won't.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i hope Iran and syria tell them where to stick it

So, are you saying you hope for the conflict to widen? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some cooperation and the chance for more war diminishing, and the current war coming to an end. But you'll probably get your wish and more people will die. It's really a bummer, but unfortunately it seems even non-fanatic muslims like yourself want a clash of civilizations and that our cultures simply will not be able to coexist. I hope I'm wrong...

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
... I am involved in now ... Rather than incorporate the evil into the plan ... and have to worry about it coming back to bite me in the end .... Although this is what evil does .. If we have not seen it in our own ... Countries no matter which one you are apart of .. From the U.S. to Germany ..

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is not about democrats or republicans. This is about playing the great chessboard. Look how many years Iran has been our partner when the Shah was in power. The Shah goes out of power and the religioun based government goes in place. We support Iraq and Afghanistan in the 80's. Now we ruin Iraq and make sure afghanistan stays ruined from the Russians. We Then ask Iran and Syria for help.

Iran and Syria would love to help itself to Iran and ....

Me smells me a rat.

We are messing with fire over there, I sure hope these power hungry bankers know what they are doing. What a way to help destabilize the mid-east and central asian oil rich nations and when it all done we will have all the oil. The old Euro-American puppet masters will finally own the mid-east, or create nuclear armegeddon wichever comes first.

Both futures look pretty polluted to me anyway whether by nukes or car exhaust from all that gasoline we get to burn up!

[edit on 13-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Now, how about we take off our political party blinders and try to look at a news story for what it is. James Baker, ex Secretary of State is indeed a Republican, and crony of Father Bush. Hrm... no Democrat there...

I don't think that Democrats can crawl away from this one.

Senior Democrats have called for a phased pullout of US troops.

"We have to tell Iraqis that the open-ended commitment is over," said Carl Levin, the incoming chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

He said he wanted phased troop withdrawals beginning in a few months and he said some Republican senators were preparing to back him.

news.bbc.co.uk...

As far as urging Iran and Syria to engage in the peace process, this is just a diplomatic effort that is always ongoing, but, in my judgement, is always doomed to fail.

The only thing new here is the Democrats now have a majority in the Congress and their agendas will be becoming more effective.

God help us.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I know Syria and Iran support what we in the west call terrorist causes, but lets be honest, who has killed more people without justification? the paelstein islamic groups or the American troops / british troops in Iraq?

Well so far this year Americans have Killed 86 Iraqi civillians (to many i know, may they RIP,accidents and crimes happen in War)

Islamic Terrorists have killed 11,389 civillian Iraqis.

SO i guess it depends on what you mean about "without Justification", do you mean that atleast 11,303 of the people killed by the Terrorists was Justified?

[edit on 13-11-2006 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Bodrul,

I agree with you.

Iran and Syria are sovereign nations, whos people are fully behind their leaders. Who the hell does Bush think he is / Blair think he is to label these nations just because they happen to disagree with the current policies within downing street / white house??!!

Syria and Iraq are not nesecarily "friends" Syria is happier with Saddam gone. Not to mention, Syria likes to stay where they go, how long till they left Lebanon?

Iran and Iraq are definitely NOT friends. There are still people alive on both sides from their last war.. and these things are not forgotten easily. On another note Iran is Shia, while Iraq is Kurdish (which Iran has a history of massacring..) and Sunni as well as Shia. Shias might welcome Iran, you can bet Sunnis won't like officially being taken over by a shia state. Then the Kurds would be in utter rebellion. they stay apart of Iraq only because they promised us they would, simply for the sake of peace. When Iran moves in you will see open war.

The men who thought this plan up know jack !%!^ about Middle Eastern foreign relations... honestly.. how do these guys get elected..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join