It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman/Superman live action movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i don't know if this is true, but i hear that bryan singer or wolfgang peterson might be making a batman/superman movie, probably not team up but wolfgang was signed on before but left to direct troy. and bryan singer had agreed to direct the movie but wolfgang jumped in there and took the opportunity from singer. what i think should happen is the writers and directors from both batman begins and superman returns should all team up and make one. because bryan singer didn't do too much of a good job with superman returns and the first two xmen movies but christopher nolan did an awesome job with batman begins and the third xmen movie because he knows how to put heart into his movies, unlike singer who just wants awesome fight scenes. please reply on this so i can see what everyone else thinks about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
That sounds like a cool idea, but Christopher Nolen didn't direct x-men 3.
www.imdb.com...

And this would only work well if they got Christian Bale and the one out of Superman returns..

I cant really see it happening...
Read this..
www.batman-on-film.com...

[edit on 22-11-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yeah, I heard it was in the works for years and they did tab Wolfang Petersen to direct it, but it seems to have fallen through. Still doesn't mean it won't happen in the future because of the lack of foes for Superman. Eventually they might want to have him taking on Batman, which Superman better win handly I might add. Maybe one more solo movie each with a lead in at the end of each movie towards the big showdown.

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yeah, there has been buzz about this for years now.
I’ve read that Singer and Nolan are not condoning the idea and are even somewhat interested. We may one day see a Superman/Batman movie but there is nothing in the works for now.

Superman and Batman have teamed up in comics for decades now. The current Superman/Batman comic is a top seller and really is a good book.
But, after watching Superman Returns and Batman Begins I really don’t think that those worlds will meld well on screen.
Honestly I was disappointed with Superman Returns. Overall I was just bored with the movie. It also forced me to make comparisons to the original movie instead of allowing me to suspend belief and enjoy something fresh.

I would much prefer an amazing Superman movie over a Superman/Batman movie.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I take back my comments about it being unlikley, for the fact that I only watch Superman Returns last night and unless I missheard they mentioned Gotham city on the news reports from the night when superman saved the Lady with the Cut brakes.

I beleive the newreporter said on the Telly "He has been spotted around Metropolis and Gotham and other places" Or something similar, I don't have it on DVD but if someone can check too prove me wrong or confirm it I would be grateful as I may have missheard...

Edit:
I found this website that does say it is mentioned in the Easter Eggs at the bottom of page, a few other details you guy's may have missed are there too.

mattcbr.wordpress.com...

I'm trying to find exact details but so far nly found a few comments on the google search page and not in the articles them selves.

ie."On Superman Returns on a TV screen in the Daily Planet they say Metropolis, ..."

But I can't find it being said in the site
www.answers.com...

[edit on 8-2-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
yeah, i watched superman returns last night and i didnt even notice. but im not really sure anymore either. the only way for them to get fans interested is to bring in their worst enemies and make 'em work together . for batman it would be joker, and for superman it would be doomsday, because he is the one who killed superman. but then it wouldnt make sense. so maybe bizzaro and batzaro, or whatever. i wouldnt mind seeing them face their opposites together, it would be interesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
There were a couple of cross comic, comics with Batman and Superman. I've got two Batman and Spawn crosses that are the size of books.

Of course this is why I have been advocating a "Justice League" movie.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i watched batman begins today and i think that if they brought him and superman together in a live action movie it would be awesome. just imagine them staning together with their arms crossed as if they were saying " dont # with us" that would be great.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If this ever happens, I think they would need to keep the same "atmosphere" of Batman begins. I think they really saved the mainstream batman franchise with the last movie but on the other hand, hurt the Superman franchise.

Make Superman deal with things on a darker level with Batman.

top topics

join