It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling out double standards. This is to the folks who are focusing on Kerry's "botched joke".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Take a look at what Bush had to say in this video:

www.youtube.com...

This pretty much speaks for itself.

Also:

www.youtube.com...

Yes Mr. Bush, we just LOVE your "one finger victory salute."

YOU Mr. President give me the creeps along with the people who can't see you for what you really are.

Sarcasm aside, I don't really like John Kerry either but I'm weary of double standards and the short sighted, ignorant myopically polarized people who foist them.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah I can't believe there is still 30 percent of the country that actually believe that scumbag george. The republicans in general are all following bushes example and are helping to destroy the foundations of this country. I think on purpose. People who voted for bush twice really make me wonder...How blind and stupid can humans get. Whats their motivation for it. and if it's as dumb as believing the neo-con talking points then I'm suprised these people have enough common sense to escape natural selections chopping block. THANKS FOR RUINING MY COUNTRY AND HOME GEORGE!!! NOW I CAN BARELY FIND ENOUGH CURRENT REASONS TO BE PROUD OF THIS COUNTRY LIKE I SHOULD BE THANKS TO YOU!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I really don't mean for this to be a huge 'anti Bush' thread but it's hard to avoid thanks to Bush' own actions and the people who continue to support him.

The more I think about what I saw in the videos the more sickened I become. Alot of republicans in my family are finally waking up but right now I have NO sympathy for them. I just told my aunt that you should have 'seen' things from the git' go but for some reason you just couldn't and now we are all paying the price...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh lets not spoil the celebrations!!! After all, how pathetic is it that they hang on an ex-would-be, wannabe president's comments?

Just how stupid does Bush look to the world every day???

There's no comparison.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There was a time when I thought I was the only one getting "creeped out" from
Mr. Bush's actions.

ViewFromTheStars : You have my feelings exactly.

Too bad really, this country deserves better.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This thread is nothing more than a deflection attempt to take the heat off Kerry here on ATS. Major question would be, "Why bother?"

But wait, you all loved Kerry in the 2004 election and thought he'd be the one to lead us to the promised land - in spite of all the issues he displayed during the campaign. As I said elsewhere, purely a case of "our moron is better than your moron". Now, who among you can honestly say that while Kerry might not have done Iraq the same way, that he wouldn't have been likely to have monumentally screwed up some other key issue if he'd been elected? The man has no leadership skills beyond the usual democrat method of 'stick a wet finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing (today)'. If any kind of crisis arose, Kerry would be the one to lead us all through it???? Mr. "I'll go ask the UN what we should do"? Puh-lease!

Bottom line question: If the democrat leadership understands the situation well enough to stop defending Kerry on this, why are people here still doing it through deflection or otherwise?

No one that needs or deserves defending here. Move along ...

[edit on 11/2/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Move along yourself centurion1211.

We can, and will, continue to air our views just as you yourself continue to
discuss morons.

It's easy to throw wood on the fire isn't it? Easier still to straddle the fence and
say "I told you so, they're all morons."

I would vote for Kerry again, in a heartbeat. IMO he's just a better man!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

centurian1211

This thread is nothing more than a deflection attempt to take the heat off Kerry here on ATS. Major question would be, "Why bother?"

No it's not so your question "why bother" is irrelevant.

The purpose of the thread is about shining the light on the TRUTH. A truth that goes beyond party lines. If you think I'm supporting Kerry and trying to take the heat off of him you are SADLY mistaken.

For the love of God.. I just love it when people say 'move along', especially before they say there is nothing to 'defend' here. Ive got one thing to say:

MAKE ME!

There will be no 'moving along' here.

And by the way.. I'm defending the TRUTH you twit.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Seige,

I've been creeped out over Bush back BEFORE he was govenor of my state.

Glad we are together on this one.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

And by the way.. I'm defending the TRUTH you twit.

Show me a person that can't deal with an opposing opinion without resorting to insults and name-calling, and I'll show you a ------- liberal/democrat. Sadly, we see this demonstrated time and again.

You two enjoy your mutual admiration society. Reality will still be here when you decide to come back.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I used to use moron but that was definitely harsh.

Perhaps I'm not helping my case by calling you a twit but it's my way of calling you a fool.

Look at the definition of twit will you find this:

www.m-w.com...

I've tried really hard lately to avoid this tactic but today I was very impassioned. I will not appologize for calling anyone a 'twit' but I will withdraw my prior assertion for the sake of this thread.

Makes me think of a Bible verse..

In summary:

A fool returns to his own folly like a dog to his own vomit.

Don't knock me for shining the light on folly and believe you me, this folly goes WAY beyond party lines and most peoples perceptions apparently.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Whatever. My previous observation still stands. It's getting really difficult to find a left-leaning person that doesn't respond like a third grader when their opinions are challenged. You love to spout your sound bites, but the thinking behind them is only a thin veneer. Challenge that thinking, and you get to the elementary school logic (insults and name calling) very quickly because you have nothing left to say. You haven't thought it out any further than "I feel good about this sound bite".

Elitism unmasked. Question now is: If you only can think through issues like this, why do you feel so superior to everyone else? Must be some sort of defense mechanism, like the bully that acts tough but really isn't ...

[edit on 11/3/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Whatever. My previous observation still stands. It's getting really difficult to find a left-leaning person that doesn't respond like a third grader when their opinions are challenged. You love to spout your sound bites, but the thinking behind them is only a thin veneer. Challenge that thinking, and you get to the elementary school logic (insults and name calling) very quickly because you have nothing left to say. You haven't thought it out any further than "I feel good about this sound bite".

Elitism unmasked. Question now is: If you only can think through issues like this, why do you feel so superior to everyone else? Must be some sort of defense mechanism, like the bully that acts tough but really isn't ...

[edit on 11/3/2006 by centurion1211]

(sigh) Centurion. Ok, perhaps I was a little harsh but when people jump to conclusions and tell people to 'move on'... I mean, how is that contributing an opposing opinion? I'm sorry but when people do that they deserve a 3rd grade response. It doesn't justify it, I know and I really didn't feel that great calling you a twit but let's get real here. I am SOO tired of people jumping to conclusions, telling me to 'move on' and just in general stuffing me into 'little boxes' based just on the simple fact that I DON'T LIKE BUSH AND DON'T SUPPORT HIM.

The links I provided are not just sound bites.. they are ACTUAL words from the horses mouth in a VIDEO. Geez.. I guess you will try and say that they were computer generated, falsified and or taken out of context. I have to laugh about that one.. you don't take a salute like 'that' out of context. It means what it means.

I'm just calling a spade a spade and if the video of the horse himself illustrates his own iniquity obviously and decisively beyond any shadow of a doubt? Well.. it illustrates his own iniquity obviously and decisively beyond any shadow of a doubt! What can I say?

Like I said.. I don't support Kerry either. Do I believe him to be the lesser of the evils? You BET I do. Does that mean I would vote for him? Probably not. The more knowledge I aquire the harder it has becomes to vote "the lesser of the evils". My pastor was telling me the other day to do that.. "oh, the WHOLE government is corrupt so we don't have a choice but to vote the 'lesser of the evils". Although he admitted that the Republican party in general was deeply corrupt we should still vote for them because they are, again, the lesser of the evils. WHAT A JOKE and it's this myopic polarization that's going to end our nation as we know it.

I'm telling you folks, this whole Republican versus Democrat paradigm is a GRAND DILUSION and if we don't snap out of it and form a new majority we are in trouble. (Most likely SOONER than you think).

Centurion, I'll appologize for callling you a twit ok? But.. let me ask you this:

How can you sit here, after watching the clip of Bush mocking the whole WMD debacle, beat Kerry over the head?

Do I have a superiority complex? I don't feel I do but I think I have more of a right to knock Kerry around simply because I know the difference between a black kettle and black pot! What I'm trying to say is what gives you the right to, out of one side of your mouth, try and justify what Bush did but out of the other side of your mouth you criticize Kerry for something that's really not even comparable.

Pot,Kettle pick a color.
You simply can NOT try and justify Bush's joke while at the same time criticize Kerrys. That is one of the reasons why I cited this analogy. You can't escape the moral implications of supporting one and not the other.

For the record: I am PRO LIFE. I DON'T support gay marriage. I am ANTI ABORTION. I AM NOT DEMOCRAT. I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN. (At least how it is defined by the current Republican majority). And for all the "box" people? I'm not a Democrat just because I don't like Bush.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
O think that centurion and the thread starter have the same basic idea in mind, what happened really wasn't all that much, in either direction.

Kerry flubbed a prepared speech. Maybe he was drunk, maybe he was tired, maybe he's just stupid. Who cares? He's the junior senator from massachusetts, really, who cares either way?
The right is going to milk the flub for all its worth, and the left really isn't in a position to complain, since people've been milking bushe's flubs for a few years now.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Show me a person that can't deal with an opposing opinion without resorting to insults and name-calling, and I'll show you a ------- liberal/democrat. Sadly, we see this demonstrated time and again.

OMG so funny you mention that

Update: Florida State Rep. To Face Charges For Racial Slurs

November 1, 2006 7:36 p.m. EST

Matthew Borghese - All Headline News Staff Writer
Miami, FL (AHN) - Former Florida House Representative Ralph Arza will face criminal charges after making phone calls to a Miami Beach lawmaker which contained racial slurs.

The news comes only hours after Arza resigned from the House, pending a committee hearing which was going to investigate the expletive-laced messages he left on Republican Rep. Gus Barreiro's cell phone.

Source

This shining example of Republican manhood was using racial slurs (Namely the N word) to describe the schools superintendant in a voicemail he left on another Rep. Reps phone. The 2 Republicans Arza and Barreiro have been battling it out with each other. Both are latinos Arza being of Cuban origins.

Now what were you saying about Liberals, democrats and what was it??...Oh yeah name calling.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
centurion1211 : You're right, it is more dificult to be a left-leaning person today.
Between 911 and Iraq, the other side, the right, has successfully put the fear of
compassion in the forefront of everyday politics.

Elitism? Since when does common sense and compassion equal elitism?
We don't feel superior to everyone else, - we are everyone else!

I took exception to your issuing of an order to move on.
Nobody likes to be told to move on, especially when they're here to express them-
selves and let it "all out".

Did you feel the passion expressed by ViewFromThe Stars when this thread was
started? Brings out something in all of us, doesn't it?

I look forward to your opinions. Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
All I know is I wish people in general, especially my Christian brothers, would snap out of this 'fog'.

Recently it has come to personal 'light' some quotes by Henry Kissinger.
Pay particular attention to the 1st and 4th quotes. The 1st one REALLY gets my ire up, what do you guys think about that one?
I'm still searching these out, perhaps a thread can be started on this. I'll look and see where these may have been discussed before I'm sure after a little digging you guys will discover which political party Kissinger is associated with. He's had influence on more than administration in the past and supports our current one. "He is a friend of the Bushs"

Well, here they are.

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."
Woodward and Bernstein The Final Days in chapter 14

------------------------

"Intelligence is not all that important in the exercise of power, and is often, in point of fact, useless.

-----------------------

"It is an act of insanity and national humiliation to have a law prohibiting the President from ordering assassination."
Statement at a National Security Council meeting in 1975.

-----------------------

“I can think of no faster way to unite the American people behind George W. Bush than a terrorist attack on an American target overseas. And I believe George W. Bush will quickly unite the American people through his foreign policy.” Statement from 2000.

----------------------

“Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries.”

----------------------

"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will pledge with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will willingly be relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by their world government. "
I n an address to the Bilderberger organization meeting at Evian, France, on May 21, 1991. As transcribed from a tape recording made by one of the Swiss delegates.

What's really scary about this is the fact that there are countless "Kissingers" and their 'followers' running around in the world. I remember Bush saying in a speech one time that "evil has found a willing servant". That's ONE thing he hasn't lied about.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
Elitism? Since when does common sense and compassion equal elitism?
We don't feel superior to everyone else, - we are everyone else!

You asked ...

Thinking that anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot, and then calling them that, or twit, or whatever is very elitist. Again, something you can find all over this board and elsewhere. And it is also elitist to assume that everyone else thinks the same way you do - as in "we are everyone else!". Look around ...

I took exception to your issuing of an order to move on.
Nobody likes to be told to move on, especially when they're here to express them-
selves and let it "all out".

Order?
That was a joke. OK, so maybe I "botched" it. I think I saw souljah use that move along line in one of his posts and thought it was funny.

Did you feel the passion expressed by ViewFromThe Stars when this thread was
started? Brings out something in all of us, doesn't it?

I look forward to your opinions. Peace

Actually, I think Nygdan had it right when saying that the original poster and I share similar opinions. However, rather than passion, I found this thread gratuitous, in that the OP implied that he was posting the thread to even the score for "all" the anti-kerry threads. As if there aren't already like a thousand anti-Bush threads on ATS already as compared to the 2 anti-kerry threads I've seen so far.

There you have it.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
centurion1211 : Nice post. Very much to the point. However, when I said "we are
everybody else", I too, was making a humorous statement, trying to show you
that maybe you have to look around also, because there are lots of different points
of view out here.

Then again, that's what this forum is all about.

Like your style. Tough, no-nonsense.

Still . . . . .

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Lets all stick to the topic, re: the reaction to John Kerry's comments, and the hints or irony in either political side taking advantage of mis-statements or bizzare comments.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join