It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling out double standards. This is to the folks who are focusing on Kerry's "botched joke".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by SIEGE
Elitism? Since when does common sense and compassion equal elitism?
We don't feel superior to everyone else, - we are everyone else!

You asked ...

Thinking that anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot, and then calling them that, or twit, or whatever is very elitist. Again, something you can find all over this board and elsewhere. And it is also elitist to assume that everyone else thinks the same way you do - as in "we are everyone else!". Look around ...

I took exception to your issuing of an order to move on.
Nobody likes to be told to move on, especially when they're here to express them-
selves and let it "all out".

Order?
That was a joke. OK, so maybe I "botched" it. I think I saw souljah use that move along line in one of his posts and thought it was funny.

Did you feel the passion expressed by ViewFromThe Stars when this thread was
started? Brings out something in all of us, doesn't it?

I look forward to your opinions. Peace

Actually, I think Nygdan had it right when saying that the original poster and I share similar opinions. However, rather than passion, I found this thread gratuitous, in that the OP implied that he was posting the thread to even the score for "all" the anti-kerry threads. As if there aren't already like a thousand anti-Bush threads on ATS already as compared to the 2 anti-kerry threads I've seen so far.

There you have it.

It's unfortunate that you still don't get it Centurion and your not going to pin the Bush versus Kerry thing on me. I don't know how many times I have to point this out but I don't support Kerry either. How many times do I have to tell you that? This falls into the same category of "Oh, he dislikes bush so he MUST be Democrat, heeyuk!" So what if I'm using Bush as an example in an analogy?.. does that automatically mean I'm supporting the other? NO. Get that through your thick skull. So you find this thread gratuitous, well, that's your opinion.

Most Republicans and Democrats are like rabid little dogs that have been thrown (conditioned) into a little "box" tearing each other apart, totally OBLVIOUS to whats really going on.

So.. you have your little categories:

"Anti Bush thread"
"Anti Kerry thread"

Well, here is another one you can put in your pipe to smoke:

"Anti Bush AND Kerry thread"

WOW.. what a concept!

I have a question for you Centurion and let me prefice it with a statement of my own. Yes, I was offended by Kerry's 'joke' because I am VERY supportive of our troops. My sister and brother in law are both Army officers, my brother in law having served 2 terms in Iraq.

I just told you that Kerry offended me.. Did what bush did offend you? Do you think making fun of not 'finding wmds' is ok?

And please be honest about it.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yes, kerry has offended me more than once. That's why I'm on this thread. It's really OT, but to clear the air: on many other threads I have also complained about Bush for his policies on the war in Iraq (not handled correctly), illegal immigration (let 'em all in), energy (the higher the price of gas, the more $ my friends make), etc. I am, in fact, very disatisfied with Bush. That said, I still believe kerry would have been a worse choice. And right now, I don't honestly know who would be a good choice for the future. But I am glad to see kerry self-destruct like this so who ever it is, it's not kerry.

Nothing more to see here. Time for me to move along ...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well Centurion, we sure don't agree on everything but it's nice of you to admit some fault on the Republican side of things but that's really not what this thread is all about. It's about hypocrisy and short sightedness.

The truth does NOT stop at party lines.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

The truth does NOT stop at party lines.

Well put!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Where's Bush's apology for sending all of these good men to die for absolutely no reason?:-

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Double Standards? Where's The Single Standards?

I've been traveling for a couple of weeks and am now catching up on my traditional PTS lurking -- except I've decided to stop lurking as we approach Election Day and hope folks won't mind too much that I have my own highly-charged and biased opinions.

What's the point of this thread?

Looking at the OP, it seems to be yet another attempt to call attention away from a rather public gaffe by a political figure by pointing fingers at others and issuing thinly-veiled insults at anyone who might disagree with this tactic.

I disagree with this tactic and I consider Mr. Kerry's remarks fair game for discussion on their own merits or lack thereof, so does that make me a "short sighted, ignorant myopically polarized" person?

Or should the straw man sitting next to me be offended?

I know this is hardly an unusual tactic in political discussion, but personally I wish it were.

And maybe we, as a community, can do something about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Personally speaking.
I took great joy in jumping on this Kerryism.

For the reason mentioned earlier by Nygdan.
Bushes words have been parsed, examined, re-interpreted for years now.

It's irritating, and Kerry provided me with a wonderful opportunity to watch a little squirming. I just wish John would go back out on the campaign trail!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yes, kerry has offended me more than once. That's why I'm on this thread. It's really OT, but to clear the air: on many other threads I have also complained about Bush for his policies on the war in Iraq (not handled correctly), illegal immigration (let 'em all in), energy (the higher the price of gas, the more $ my friends make), etc. I am, in fact, very disatisfied with Bush. That said, I still believe kerry would have been a worse choice. And right now, I don't honestly know who would be a good choice for the future. But I am glad to see kerry self-destruct like this so who ever it is, it's not kerry.

Nothing more to see here. Time for me to move along ...

Well....For all who think Kerry was the front runner for 08' NOT! Senator Clinton will be the fore runner for 08' I think it's a blast that the GOP had a cow over Kerry's joke. But I know that the only reason they had a blast was to deflect a bad Iraq policy and a speaker of the house that was well aware of his fellow political scam artist in the white house playing internet touchy,feely with under age kids.
Kerry's joke just paved the way for the Clintonites to slid into a fore running position for 08' The reason Kerry was plastered all over the media was because Bill Clinton and he's media connections made sure he was. Clinton knew this would bring Kerry to his knee's on his next run at 08' He was the only one with the funds to take on the Clintons in 08' and by making Kerry the poster child for bad jokes they i.e. the Clintonites knew this would not damage the Democratic bids for the house and senate seats but also keep Hillary in the fore front for 08'. I think this was brillant political smoke screening from the Clintonites.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
Clinton knew this would bring Kerry to his knee's on his next run at 08' He was the only one with the funds to take on the Clintons in 08' and by making Kerry the poster child for bad jokes they i.e. the Clintonites knew this would not damage the Democratic bids for the house and senate seats but also keep Hillary in the fore front for 08'. I think this was brillant political smoke screening from the Clintonites.

OMG! You could be right about the clinton strategy. But if the democrats are so busy destroying each other, the Republicans may well be able to defeat (again) the weakened survivor of all that democrat infighting.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You know what you are all idiots if you don't agree with me.

Sorry i botched a joke.

Kerry has been saying things like this since the 70's. How can it be a double standard when he has done this for 30+ years.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by spinstopshere]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What exactly does Bush have to do to spark a public outrage?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Uh, Bush would have to actually do what a majority (it seems) of the posters here hope and/or dream and/or imagine that Bush has done. Until that actually happens, it's all wishful thinking for a way to get even for clinton, gore and now kerry IMO.

[edit on 11/6/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Conditioned Response

Originally posted by Miconats
What exactly does Bush have to do to spark a public outrage?

If what I see in the forums is any guide, just opening his mouth is enough.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
how pathetic is it that they hang on an ex-would-be, wannabe president's comments?

How pathetic is it that you all don't want to see the FACT that Kerry, who sits in the SENATE, and who wants to run for PRESIDENT in 2008, brought this all down upon himself.

How pathetic is it that you all keep trying to change the subject to Bush when infact Kerry is the one that showed his true anti-American colors.

How pathetic is it that you all want to give SEN. ( and 2008 presidential runner) Kerry a free ticket on this, but blast Bush for anything and everything.

How pathetic is it that you all don't also see that Kerry meant every word he said and that it was NOT a botched joke.

How pathetic is it that you all don't also see that Kerry has a LONG HISTORY of saying these things - all the way back to WINTER SOLDIER (I triple dog dare you to google THAT up and read!!)

FACT - Yes, Bush steps in it. There are plenty of threads discussing when he does.

FACT - America is very much capable of discussing when Bush steps in it AS WELL AS when Kerry steps in it. We are able to do two things at once.

It is PATHETIC that you all refuse to hold SEN. Kerry accountable for his slam against Americans. It is PATHETIC that you all refuse to acknowledge his long history of lies and slams against the US Mlitary.

This guy wants to be president in 2008 ... and yet you all continue to give him a free ticket. THAT is what is pathetic.

edited for spelling

[edit on 11/7/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

For all who think Kerry was the front runner for 08' NOT! Senator Clinton will be the fore runner for 08'

Hillary definately is the front runner and I fully believe she will be the next president. However, the fact remains that KERRY believes he's the dem front runner. He has said so MANY TIMES on TV. MANY! The idiot actually thinks he's the front runner .. or he's pretending to be the front runner hoping that people will believe it.

Either way .. KERRY is the one saying he's the front runner.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The idiot actually thinks he's the front runner .. or he's pretending to be the front runner hoping that people will believe it.

Either way .. KERRY is the one saying he's the front runner.

I think it is best if you let people that are in a special place just act out and if that doesn't work wait until the nice men in the white suits come to take him to the rubber room.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by spinstopshere]

[edit on 7-11-2006 by spinstopshere]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
Take a look at what Bush had to say in this video:

www.youtube.com...

This pretty much speaks for itself.

Also:

www.youtube.com...

Yes Mr. Bush, we just LOVE your "one finger victory salute."

YOU Mr. President give me the creeps along with the people who can't see you for what you really are.

Sarcasm aside, I don't really like John Kerry either but I'm weary of double standards and the short sighted, ignorant myopically polarized people who foist them.

Hmmm...myopically polarized? I suppose you're not being a little myopic in your post? I don't mind you sharing your opinions, but I think you too are being a bit double sided and employing a modicum of double standards. IMHO.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
After reading this entire thread I've come to the conclusion that this

www.abovetopsecret.com... has never been more evident.

Why do some here have to resort to name calling when another disagrees with your opinions and posts?

This is part of the problem today.....no respect for opinions or people.

Resolve it and GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Clinton knew this would bring Kerry to his knee's on his next run at 08' He was the only one with the funds to take on the Clintons in 08' and by making Kerry the poster child for bad jokes they i.e. the Clintonites knew this would not damage the Democratic bids for the house and senate seats but also keep Hillary in the fore front for 08'. I think this was brillant political smoke screening from the Clintonites.

OMG! You could be right about the clinton strategy. But if the democrats are so busy destroying each other, the Republicans may well be able to defeat (again) the weakened survivor of all that democrat infighting.

And by allowing a Democrat back in power OR a Republican to stay in power you will have handed the injustice to the political system instead of voting in a new way of solving problems instead of the SAME TWO solutions we have been using all along?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join