It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires Dozens of Missiles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The Iran plan is moving along as intended.
Did anyone catch "hardtalk" on BBC news24 yesterday?
The guest was "neo-conservative intellectual, Norman Podhoretz" who claims we are in world war 4,it will continue for 30-40 years,and military intervention in Iran is inevitable.
He speaks with Bush often (he says)and claims the invasion of Iran is a certainty,not because of his own feelings,but because that is what he thinks the President is thinking.

BBC Story Link

A scary insight into the worlds future,IMHO.
The Neo cons seem to be drunk on power,they say things that should cause uproar all the time.
A war with Iran would be the final nail for our "free world",as is the plan.

Note: Shortened link

[edit on 2-11-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

Edn

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I for one am glad Iran are preparing for a possible invasion (or should i say inevitable?). As for there war games whats wrong with that? Every other country has war games all the time.

JIMC5499's comments on offensive weapons, you cant simply defend yourself then stop attacking when your enemy has left your borders that only allows them to reorganize and attack again, if Iran were successful at repelling a US invasion they would have to continue to attack US forces until they have left the region. the missiles would also be used for firing at military staging areas and camps, remembers offense is defense.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
... the missiles would also be used for firing at military staging areas and camps, remembers offense is defense.

And Edn, don't forget that little hostage stuck out there in the middle ... Israel.

No damn wonder the rich are building themselves garden bunkers.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
marge, it is sad yes that oil is the fuel to our nations problems, all of them. would you rather be starved and your children starving in the streets. cause if we get no oil over there or anywhere else, transportation will cease to exist. how would you get to work? how would you get anywhere, bicycle? horse? electric car? electric moped? how would food and supplies be transferred, electric semi? im sorry , that does not exist. electric semi-truck. dont you get it, we are fighting for our survival, here. if you had no food you would be trying to steel it or even kill for it or just die. some of these 3 world countries face this issue on a daily basis. why do we do this? i've seen this in other countries. the children run up to you hopeing you have food or something for them to eat. yes, this is sad, our country can only help so much. did you know you pay for drugs at a higher cost than some other countries do. why , because you are already funding for their drugs, hospital supplies and so on , for peoples like example: in africa. you help pay for their drugs and stuff. our drug price is higher because we help pay for their drugs. other places are like that too. we help pay for things so theirs are free or at a much lower cost, so we flip the bill. is this fair marge? in real life there is no fair, you just deal with it. if it were up to me i would make it possible so all people had food in their mouth, a good paying job, and live in a nice house. but if this were true, then i must be dilluted in the brain and it is time to wake up from this dreamland. wake up people, life is not fare, deal with it. iran is one of those places that has oil and i don't blame them for defending their territory. we use massive amounts of oil. ive seen oil tankers over there larger than some of our aircraft carriers. they run back and forth 24-7 with millions of gallons. we U.S.A consume more than any country. we need the help of several countries to get our oil supplies. without this help, we would be no better off than the 3rd world countries. no gas , no transportation, no supplies, no food ect. this is why i say we will be going to iran, when iran and friends cut us off, we are in for a world of hurt and who is going to help poor ole U.S.A bully, noone will. i sure hope they figure out this oil thing cause all i see is a big ole war over this. you would think our gov't would use this new technology to help our peoples and others. marge and peoples there is alot more at stake here than meets the eye.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
And Edn, don't forget that little hostage stuck out there in the middle ... Israel.

No damn wonder the rich are building themselves garden bunkers.

Hostage? LOL How are they hostages if they are the ones with the real nukes aimed at god knows where? How are they hostages if they are the ones making demands, threats and accusations. They are instigators , not hostages.
Israel has been in a constant build-up of their military and when the neighboring countries see this build up and attempt to make corrections for their own defense , it is Israel who begins crying about Missile development or weapons being bought. They want people to remain defenseless while they build up their own. Bogus! They are hardly hostages.

This American no longer has blinders on. I see who the agressors really are.

[edit: removed nested quote]
ATS: Quoting previous posts.

[edit on 11/2/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Problem is that when the bluff is called that animal usually winds up a dead duck.

Like the US would have been in a nuclear war with former USSR or now Russia? Iran have every reason on Earth to try feign strenght ( they are relatively very weak) but why is the US so interested in terrorising those who can not defend themselves but want to change it's economic situations for the better?

Let's see here. Iran gets missile technology from North Korea. Iran builds a medium range missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. North Korea explodes a nuclear device.

Iran has learnt that being able to inspire terror in others is how countries behave ( it's learning from the USA and others obviously) in the global arena and it is trying to sell the North Korean MAD logic as it's own. When your dealing with thugs ( the USA and NATO in general) the best you can try do is pretend your crazy and 'might do anything' when attacked. Kim has fostered that image well and it's kept him in power so far...

Anyone see where I'm going? Iran has the right to do what it wants within it's own borders, I won't question that. I will say that it Iran gets blown off of the map it will be it's own fault.

The only card Iran has is to make allies in the region by threathing to attack them in spite if the USA or anyone else attacks; it's sad that we live in that kind of world but when the only country in the world that has been convicted of state sponsored terrorism ( by the UN ; so imagine the scale of the terror) is after you?

Stellar

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
They are a sovereign nation, Right?

So they have the right to do whatever they feel like it within their borders.

So. . . what is the problem with that?

Uh but that is scaring the control freaks of the world that don't control every single thing that their eyes cast upon... they must be getting desperate for this war to begin any day now. Any excuse will do...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Someone posted too long of text, which is making this page too large to view in my browser.

Bush will attack Iran, before his presidency is over. He must be on a mission to rid of ANY threats to Israel, no matter how small it is in the ME.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ok, usa has a large population compared to iraq, iran, syria, venezuella, lebonon, united arab emerates, and other small countries, but yet they have the higher death toll. why? you would think that they would have the smaller death toll, but they do not. they beleive that a terrorist is someone who is of god and is fighting for god. to me the meanning of a terrorist is someone who defys laws, kills peoples , destructs life and all of the above no good at all, evil. they should be all sent to the zapp chair, every one of them terrorists. they teach their children to hate the american because we do not know better. we are all bad, because we have gays , lesbians, prostitutes , and so on. so thus they are scared of us backwards so called peoples. so they hear of war, and the usa is comming to dissarm the hitler reencarnate. so yeah, if i were a child over there and heard all this, i would be scared too. that is why now, some of the rich are digging in bunkers cause the bad filthy american is comming to get them. this hitler reencarnate needs to die or shut up and quit pointing missles at peoples.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
well i wouldn't be surprised if they re-instated the draft if the U.S. were to go to war with Iran. The U.S. military is far too strained right now just fighting guerillas, let alone an entire new army.

If we went into Iran i would guess we'd see as many current casualties in Iraq over the last 3 years in just a few months or less from Iran. The U.S. wouldn't be able to walk all over Iran like Iraq. It would actually be a fight. Same with NK.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Hostage? LOL How are they hostages if they are the ones with the real nukes aimed at god knows where? How are they hostages if they are the ones making demands, threats and accusations. They are instigators , not hostages.
Israel has been in a constant build-up of their military and when the neighboring countries see this build up and attempt to make corrections for their own defense , it is Israel who begins crying about Missile development or weapons being bought. They want people to remain defenseless while they build up their own. Bogus! They are hardly hostages.

This American no longer has blinders on. I see who the agressors really are.

If i was isreal i would be building up my force's too if several nations for many years have said isreal is to be wiped off the face of the earth.They attack palestine and lebanon why?Because there being attacked with rockets every day for years.How many time's will you let someone give you a bloody nose before you decide to fight them.It's not like palestine is ever going to let them live in peace.Everone know's but can't prove hezbollah is funded by iran.Who has already said they are to be wiped of the face of the earth.What would you do?

[edit: removed nested quotes]
ATS: Quoting previous posts.

[edit on 11/2/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
that is why now, some of the rich are digging in bunkers cause the bad filthy american is comming to get them. this hitler reencarnate needs to die or shut up and quit pointing missles at peoples.

First, let me ask, how many Iranians do you know? The culture there is almost like US's, so no, they don't hate the US, as you so ignorantly put it. Second, give us examples of what makes their leader the same as "Hitler." I expect you to give us lists of concentration camps he's created, number of innocent's he's killed, and why he's a threat to the world, other than because Bush says it.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I find it ever so interesting that everyone is OK with the US doing wargames and excersizes all over the globe.

But when a country like Iran does a wargame on and around their own nation you object to it?

Hypocrits, is that the only word left to describe america??

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's not the fact Iran is doing the Wargames at all, it's the timing in which they are choosing to do them and this is a very scary thing IMHO. It's no longer "I wonder when" it's a matter of who strikes first.

It's slowly being played out infront of our eyes as a Wargames on both sides, do you honestly believe this is the case ? Soon we shall know what we think as true now was infact not so true.

but let us comfortly believe for the time being

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What can I say Iraq was such an evil country that is why we have destroyed them with all our might.

Actually Marg, that statement you made just goes to show how very little compassion you actually have. I worked with a man in Australia who fled Iraq because he refused to work int he country's weapons program.

After arriving in Australia and attempting to get his wife over he was informed that his entire family had been gunned down by the "secret police" of the Sadaam Regime.

I remember him telling me and the tremendous amount of pain in his voice. Particularly when he mentioned that his wife was his one true love, his soulmate, and to this day he still feels an enormous amount of emotion regarding the situation.

The survivor guilt he feels tears him apart as he wonders why he didn't stay there and die with his family. But how could he know he'd lose everything, especially his soulmate?

Must be nice to live in such a mindset that you can make such simplistic sweeping statements to promote your views.

And his story is just one of many, many thousands of innocent civilians slaughtered by that regime. Particularly the women that Uday and Qusay would pick up off the street, take back to their palace to rape and then execute so that they could never talk.

I'd also love to see what kind of response your sarcastic attitude and statements about "evil Iraq" would get you were you talking to a Kurd. Probably punched in the face.

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am creating a list of people to track down in the event of war with Iran. See I do not support a war at all, but I love my country too much to cowardly run from a war others practically beg for. So, when I get to the MEPPS office, I will hand the names of US citizens who support attacks on Iran here at ATS as well as location to people there to make sure help ensure they are tracked down and get to frolic on the the joys of war on the other side of the globe with the rest of us. I really do not give a damn if you have a family to support, are in college, or a business to run. you want a fight, youll definetly get your chance

We could make our own group name, like I dunno the "Illuminated" or some silly name like that.
Now I suppose I will have to start recording the url to the thread where comments were made that show support. I will keep this information in a regular .doc file. # I will even post it online periodically. LETS GET IT ON!

[edit on 11/2/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by DJMessiah
With US and Israel threatening Iran, and already dubbing it an "evil" country, it's no wonder why Iran is trying to form a plan to protect itself from invasion.

I could almost buy this except that these missile systems are offensive weapons and would be of little value in repelling an attack.

You're overlooking one thing. If they arm these weapons with a Nuke then it becomes a Deterrent.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I used to work in a restaruant in a plaza next to an Iranian owned auto-insurance provider. He was a really nice fellow, but the only Persian I have ever known. I work with two Morroccons at Wal-Mart, they are also very kind nice people. Niether one of them preaches about jihad, death to America, or attempts to forcibly convert anyone. They just want to live in peace like MOST ALL HUMANS ON EARTH

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
We must overthrow the government they've been controlling us for too long, this isnt even a democracy anymore. If you know the definition of democracy it means country thats ruled by the people, not a group of people who does whatever they want like make are hard earned tax money go to a black budget for there top secret purposes that we have no idea about..billions of dollars go to there projects. but hey, its OK because all we want to do is complain about everything but get distracted but unimportant issues or too lazy to do anything about it, so talk it up.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hey, I do not believe a civil-war is the solution to changing our govenrment. Believe it or not, you can do it yourself. The secret is to becomign rich and do not lose sight of your original goal. Make sure you have good relations with the poor neighborhoods, because they will be the oens defending your cause.

Anyways my personal option of dissent? When I go to the polls next week, I am only voting for independants. If the only options I see are either Republican or Democrat, I will be writing in my own name in place of other (specify).

Thats right, if there are only two-party candidates for a certain position, I am writing in my name. If you guys live in Florida you can write my name in too if you want.

David Yepes

I am fully rady to live up to any and all obligations for any position I am voted in to, as well as any oppression and persecution The Man attempts to bring down on me.

Lets Democracy live FREE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join