It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires Dozens of Missiles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Pokey Oats.

So . . . we most save the poor people that are in exile from Iraq, and let decimate the rest of the Iraqi people in Iraq so the exiles can go back and live happily ever after in the land that US is still trying to liberate (now from the Iraqis themselves) so oil can flow like candy in the US safe hands.

I can still no believe how people can defend the devastation, desperation, death and mayhem going on in Iraq since US decided to play heroe.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If the greatest terrorist's on the face of the earth aka the USA and Israel fire so much as a bullet into Iran,I would hope Iran can aim every missile it has on Israel and wipe it out.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats
Actually Marg, that statement you made just goes to show how very little compassion you actually have. I worked with a man in Australia who fled Iraq because he refused to work int he country's weapons program.

After arriving in Australia and attempting to get his wife over he was informed that his entire family had been gunned down by the "secret police" of the Sadaam Regime.

Im not trying to doubt yours or his story but why in the world would ANY man in such a high security position plan an escape and not think about bringing his family with him? That seems pretty selfish that he would escape such a terrible place and not bring his family. I would have least stuck around until I was able to plan an escape for everyone and not leave my soul mate and children behind to suffer the consequences of my escape. Seems pretty selfish if you ask me. It could possibly be that this was the story he used to gain asylum and recieve citizenship and he's just rehashing it for you. I can't see someone leaving his family behind like that, even Russians during the cold war considered aunts, uncles and other family members before they considered escape. It was very rare a man would leave his immediate family behind.

Pie

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Do you think they are trying to compensate for something?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Russia amd China making is making it clear whose side they will be on in regards to Iran.

Russia, China won't back Iran sanctions Houston Chronicle

Iran and Russia: Brothers in Arms Council on Foreign Relations

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Russia amd China making is making it clear whose side they will be on in regards to Iran.

Russia, China won't back Iran sanctions Houston Chronicle

Iran and Russia: Brothers in Arms Council on Foreign Relations

Regen
I've said it before...now we will know how it feels to have something important to us vetoed. The only exception is, that either we or Israel will take matters into our own hands regardless of the outcome. The 2 peoples always claiming the UN to be ineffectual are the ones who in fact make it so. Israel being the number one complainant in that area. Every time a Middle Eastern/Arab country brings a legitimate complaint to the UN table in regards to Israeli actions, its always the USA that shoots it down, and now when China and Russia want to do the same for their ally, they will get bashed and villified by everyone when they are just doing the same thing we are by looking out for their own best interests, with the exception that at least they are profitting from their alliance!!! we mostly pay out.

Pie

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I was surprised no one actually bothered to post a few pix of this amazing show of military might.

I mean, these pix are truely amazing. 15 missiles of different classes launched at once!!!

Keep It Real

[edit on 3-11-2006 by proprog]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I wonder what they were aiming for in the last pic.

The missle must raise with a fork lift, to conserve fuel.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Does anyone know why the contrails would be different in color? is it different fuel or maybe just from the dirt kicking up that it looks browner?

Pie

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Does anyone know why the contrails would be different in color? is it different fuel or maybe just from the dirt kicking up that it looks browner?

Pie

It appears that the one's with more of a browner color are higher in altitude. What that means, I don't know. But, just an observation.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Oh my, clustered, dug out and trenched in positions in the middle of the desert, you have to be kidding right? Also, most of those missiles are SCUD class, I'm sure the test gave us a good indication of just how much our aerial infrared assets can pick up.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Iran's war games are getting old. They think they're impressing somebody. What I've seen from them, and what I've seen from war footage and war games done by us..wow..

Iran has no chance.

The only way we'd have a "second Iraq" situation is if we purposely create it. We can't possibly be that stupid to walk right into another situation like that and not expect it. And while we're on the subject..I think we're purposely struggling over there. But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
Iran's war games are getting old. They think they're impressing somebody. What I've seen from them, and what I've seen from war footage and war games done by us..wow..
And just what are they supposed to do? Sit around with their thumbs up their butts, waiting for Bush to drop his bombs on them?

Iran has no chance.
Of course they don't... not sure why you even felt the need to point that out.

The only way we'd have a "second Iraq" situation is if we purposely create it. We can't possibly be that stupid to walk right into another situation like that and not expect it.
Considering the same fools in charge then are still in charge now, I would not be the least be surprised to see a "second Iraq."

And while we're on the subject..I think we're purposely struggling over there. But that's just me.
Way to go out on a limb there...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I've said it before...now we will know how it feels to have something important to us vetoed.

I was just making note who the real oppostion is and the idea we can bomb Iran without severe economic consequences is a pipe dream. The US has outsourced many of its production capabilities to Asia and Europe is dependent on Russia for energy resources, so picking a fight with Iran is likely to be more blowback than progress.

"Never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter." ~Winston Churchill

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by proprog
I was surprised no one actually bothered to post a few pix of this amazing show of military might.

Nice pics! I saw those multiple rocket images on some news headers and thought it was a Photoshop job cause the needed some graphics, oops... guess not. The large images show that was not the case...thanks for posting.

Last night: Iran test-fires 3 new missiles

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
And just what are they supposed to do? Sit around with their thumbs up their butts, waiting for Bush to drop his bombs on them?

War games are increasing their chances of victory or preventing Bush from dropping bombs on them..how?

Of course they don't... not sure why you even felt the need to point that out.

I didn't feel the need to, I just wanted to. Good enough?

Considering the same fools in charge then are still in charge now, I would not be the least be surprised to see a "second Iraq."

As long as you're going to attack my opinions..not sure why you even felt the need to point that out.

Way to go out on a limb there...

Thanks

Edn

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Pie

Most likely a number of possibility's. I would hazard a guess and say it is most likely a different fuel mixture.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This wasn't a war game, proper war games have real value, this was a hastily put together propaganda and media show in response to the recent multi national exercises taking place in the Gulf.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
War games are increasing their chances of victory or preventing Bush from dropping bombs on them..how?
Where did I say war games would increase their chances or preventing Bush from attacking? You think they're just supposed to sit there, waiting for doomsday? You think the Mullahs will stay in power by sitting on their hands? These launches were most likely an effort to prove to the Iranian people that they are perfectly capable of defending their country (which they aren't). They know damn well they don't scare us with those bottle-rockets.

As long as you're going to attack my opinions..not sure why you even felt the need to point that out.
I didn't need to... I wanted to. Good enough?

[edit on 3-11-2006 by firebat]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Where did I say war games would increase their chances or preventing Bush from attacking? You think they're just supposed to sit there, waiting for doomsday? You think the Mullahs will stay in power by sitting on their hands? These launches were most likely an effort to prove to the Iranian people that they are perfectly capable of defending their country (which they aren't). They know damn well they don't scare us with those bottle-rockets.

You didn't say it. You implied it. You asked me what are they supposed to do just sit around and wait for Bush to attack? And I asked you how will that increase their chances? I asked that because, what are these war games doing? You're saying they can't sit around and wait, but, what are they actually accomplishing? The Iranian people hate their government. I'm pretty sure they could care less if their government was over-thrown.

I didn't need to... I wanted to. Good enough?

You're a funny one

I suppose it is good enough because it means nothing to me

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join