It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheres the October Surprise??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok, for a few months now we heard October Surprise?

Where is it?
Did I miss it?

Is this just something the Democrats talked about for publicity?
Is this something that the Democrats always did so they expected the Republicans to do it?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Still a few days left yet.......

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Saddam Hussein's trial verdict was postponed from October 16th to November 5th.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by Frith]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
the october surprise is the november election fraud!!

Plus, the re-PUBIC-lans dont want to pull any major publicity stunt. The whole idea of the oktober surprize is to drive histeric voters to the polls, and for the republicans its in their best interest for a low turnout because so many people are really upset.

I think the media is really underemphasizing how bad things really are and how worried people have become....

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well I was really hoping for some good answers here. I mean thats all we heard for a couple of months now.

Things like, Well wait for the October surprise.

Sounds to me that its a party thing. Like the Democrats saying it to scare everyone, when a republican is in office. I don't know if the republicans say the same thing when a democrat is in office. But, this kind of stuff needs to stop and the politicans needs to stop trying to scare Americans. Its ridiculous how they act.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Terrorism - 1) The calculated use of fear in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion. 2) To terrorize or use fear to attain goals.

Terrorize - To fill or overpower with terror or fear, to terrify; to coerce by intimidation or fear.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Shar, and correct me please I could be wrong, wasnt it Karl Rove(Bushes henchman) that said the October Surprise? Ill do some looking real quick and get back if i need to correct myself.

Yep i was right, it was Rove.

Rove coined October Surprise this time around.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I remember that name. Way too much rude polotics going on here. Way too much rudeness. The government is so out of control. Just way to out of control.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Shar]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well sadly enough, when i did a search to see who said that, i found a crapload of links about that phrase being coined many times over the years. In the reagan administration, the nixon administration, and on and on. I had just noticed you thought it was a Dem thing.

And yes, sadly enough Politics are sad these days. Seems Roves favorite card to play is the sex scandal thing. But since it started with Foley on the repub side, i guess he decided the gloves were off and REALLY started swinging for low blows.

Politics in general just make me sick anymore.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Today 50 years ago, the Suez war started. 4.59 pm local time, 29. october 1956.

Suez Crisis - Wikipedia

On October 29, 1956, Israel invaded the Egyptian-controlled Gaza Strip and Sinai Peninsula and made rapid progress towards the Canal Zone.

And now today some 10,000 Egyptian troops are on the border...

Egypt moves 5000 troops near Gaza border

29 Oct 2006

Egypt moved 5000 more security forces near the Gaza Strip border on Saturday after an Israeli report said Israel may bomb tunnels used for smuggling weapons into Palestinian territories, an Egyptian official said.

The 5000 Egyptians were members of the police's central security force. They joined a similar number of border guards already deployed along the area known as the Philadelphi Corridor, fearing the possible operation's impact on civilians living on the Egyptian side of the border.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

October surprise or just completely unrelated? Another Suez crisis possible?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
wow, will have to keep an eye on that.

Anywho, the 'October suprise' has been advertised sort of (even in MSM), so it wouldn't be wise to have a terror attack now, there would be lots of suspicion surrounding it.

Still, theres a few days left. The Pope is in Turkey, and there is lots of chatter on Islamist website apparently

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Rove to pull an Osama Bin Rabbit out of the Neocon hat?

Al Qaeda: Plans for an October Surprise? - Newsweek

Nov. 6, 2006 issue - Is Osama bin Laden going to weigh in on the midterm elections? A senior counterterrorism official, anonymous, like other officials NEWSWEEK spoke to, because the subject is sensitive, says that based on previous patterns—such as the release of a rare bin Laden tape just before the 2004 presidential vote—a message before Election Day wouldn't be surprising.

Private expert Evan Kohlmann, who consults for the Feds on terror probes, says Al Qaeda has lately released tapes at a rate of two or three per month. This month, he says, they are "short by one or two," so he thinks a pre-election message is a "very good likelihood."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Guess we shall see soon enough...

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm with Frith on this one.
Saddam trial verdict moved to two days before the election?..

"GUILTY!"

instant boost to the GOP. (which I still don't think it will help)
but the Osama out of the hat is still a possibility.

[edit on 10/29/2006 by aecreate]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yep. Expect to see a home movie from the evil genius himself.Im sure he is in a studio ahem cave somewhere putting the finishing touchs to it right now.
It will go something like this : Infadels blah blah death to America etc.
What would bush do without him

[edit on 29/10/06 by Keltoi]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think Karl Rove's Oct surprise has already been implemented. It's the massive amount of money funneled to the GoP canidates by the different PACs.

Still, I would'nt be suprised to see OBL head on a silver platter, held aloft by Rumsfeld with a big banner in the back saying "mission Acomplished."

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What would be wrong with the capture of OBL or even the death penalty bieng handed to Hussien? Are some of you stating that you do not want to see either, or that it is unfair.

As far as Hussien, he is expendable, and he knows it. His reign is done, and the 'peace by force' he kept so long is crumbling, leaving the US the choice of having to eventually pull out, and along the ones held at bay so long to take over, and it is radical Islam, not people who want to promote peace who are struggling for control. Hussein held Iran in check, and when he is gone, all hell will break loose. Realize also that this would have happened sooner or later, so wh not sooner?

If I was OBL and his gang, I would defintiely attack somewhere in the world, and blame teh US. I am thinking a terror attack in Canada maybe, or somewhere in Europe. They want to trum more anti-US sentiment, and attack us in our homeland wil do nothing but increase our presence in the Middle east. It is a chess game...

There is money funneled on both sides too, it is not jsut a republican thing. The dems jsut cry poor.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm telling you guys, it probably is the Osama look-alike!!!

Who's going to question it? Can we get close to the corpse to tell?

This would be the ultimate surprise, dont you think?????

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I agree with you DG it will be Bin laden, see already our government was warned by the Saudi that Bin laden is death and confirmed by France but ,my oh my God when that came out it was squashed right away.

So now that is known that is not Bin laden it will be easy to get a corpse look a like and claim that the administration is the heroes and that Bin was killed in successful raid in Afghanistan.

So get ready people for the best Halloween movie, Bin laden re discovered.lol:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree with you DG it will be Bin laden, see already our government was warned by the Saudi that Bin laden is death and confirmed by France but ,my oh my God when that came out it was squashed right away.

Neither of those countries confirmed Bin Laden died. They said he was sick [Saudi Arabia did].

I am so sure the US knows where Osama is hiding. Finding Osama would give a huge boost to the GOP.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I want to change my vote. I think the october surprise has already come but most people dont know it.

I cant believe that i forgot to mention this.

The October Surprise is the manipulations that the R's put into the economy;

Inflation induced 12,000 DOW market highs,
Falling oil prices,
Falling gold prices,
Steady Fed interest rates.

Oil and gold are the most heavily manipulated commodities, and flexing what they do greatly impacts the rest of the economy.

Bush himself has tried to point to the 12,000 DOW as a sign that things are great. But 12,000 2006 US Dollars are worth much much much less than they were back in Januray of 2000 when the DOW topped out at 11,750. In order to set new highs adjusted for inflation alone, the DOW would need to get somewhere around 25-30,000 in today's dollars.

Bush conveniently ignores the fact that; inflation is horrible, record trade deficits, balloning trade gaps, decreased GDP, the drastically dropping purchasing power of the Dollar, declining consumer confidence, lots of unemployement or underemployement (people that lost jobs forced to work for much less money), decreases in consumer and business spending, and the fact that Americans are in more debt now than ever before while at the same time personal savings are practically non-existant.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join