It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do folk believe in Benny Hinn!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This man is a fraud! Why do folk still believe in him? I was watching the God channel one day, and there he was. This indian man with a white suit, and white hair, asking for 6000 people to give him $1000 each, to help pay for his private jet. That's 6 million dollers by the way. Don't people realise he's just a great big phony like Jonathan Edwards? COME ON! It's complete BS if someone claims he can talk to the dead. Even God is against it in the Bible from which Hinn speaks!

Deuteronomy 18:21-22

I am starting to think that this evil scummy man is actually the AntiChrist. Perhaps, he's just waiting for the end of days...in his $10,000,000 mansion.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I read part of his autobiography which somebody had and it said inside that he was jewish. Kinda funny that a jewish guy becomes a powerful christian minister I think.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
He is pure evil! Why do folk believe whatever this man says?!

He must be stopped!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There have been discussions about this guy on ATS before. It almost always boils down to him being a fraud and/or evil. He's an evil con man at least ... IMHO

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
does anyone remember the guy who was always on late at night (insomnia here so I watch a lot of late night TV) who smoked a cigar and would do his little preaching bit then say he needed x amount of money and he wasn't going to talk until the pledges for that amount came in -- then you would see him sitting in the chair smoking the cigar interspersed with little videos of his wife or daughter riding one of those expensive trotting horses. I sat in amazement that people actually sent him money too.
He would sit there for 45 minutes to an hour waiting. It was mind boggling ...

People want so much to believe in something -- they fall for these con men all the time I guess.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken he is Palestinian. I don't know wether or not he was Christian or Muslim prior to his becoming a minister. Either way he is rich now thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Darn, I thought the thread mentioned "Benny Hill"

Sorry for the interruption.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am not sure that he is evil or a fraud. I will say that someone similar to him could, at least in my opinion, be the upcoming anti-Christ.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There are several books out there that debunks / deconstructs folks like Benny Hinn. "Christianity in Crisis" and "Countefeit Revival" by Hank Hanegraaf take on Hinn from a Christian perspective. Additional links can be found here.

He's an interesting character, to say the very least.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Why is Hinn evil or a fraud?

He's a religious leader making spectacular claims and asking for the support of his followers.

He's not, technically, doing anything that any other religious leader does.

I personally don't beleive in Hinn. But does Hinn beleive in himself too? I mean, he clearly can't talk to the dead or perform miracles, but does he know that? He might simply beleive himself. That might at worst make him a 'pious fraud'. And why, of all things out there, is he evil? Because people are stupid enough to send him their money? Good for him, he found a product that people are willing to pay for, and they're happy about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am not familiar with this character I guess I will have to research to see what he is selling.

I agree that is too many people to gullible to see a fake anymore when so many people are so hungry for salvation and spiritual needs.

BTW Its a God channel on TV? I had no idea that God has his own channel now a days.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He is a false prophet. It is not Biblical to be slain in the spirit and fall backward like that. By doing such a thing he is getting across the notion that he can command God, that is not the case. God uses people, people do not use God.

Right now the Holy Spirit comes into a person's life at salvation. He does not come when Benny Hinn or anyone else like him, either touches, blows on or waves their hand at a person.

He is very dangerous because he sends the wrong message about who God is and how God really works. People are desperate to be healed, if they are sick, but he is a fake.

They probably haven't read the Bible for themself to know what it says and therefore are being deceived.

Plus if you have not received Christ as Savior you are more likely to be deceived.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Seems to me he's the Preacher who was caught with the ear speaker and radio device, getting his info from backstage. While telling pointed audience members of their personal info which they filled in on a card prior to entering his domain (auditorium).

I'm pretty sure it was the white bearded debunker who caught Hinn in the act a few years ago. I may have seen it on 60 Minutes but I'm not sure ?

Dallas

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Why is he any different than Jesus? Or any other religious leader for that matter. It' all manipulation for a reasonable cause.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Seems to me he's the Preacher who was caught with the ear speaker and radio device, getting his info from backstage.

Actually, that wasn't Hinn. To my knowledge, Hinn has never been caught in outright fraud like that.

dbrandt
Plus if you have not received Christ as Savior you are more likely to be deceived.

Hinn preaches salvation in christ, and then presents his curing abilities as proof that what he preaches is right. Everyone that listens to Hinn beleives in Jesus. Further, they beleive that jesus is acting through Hinn to perform miracles.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Hinn preaches salvation in christ, and then presents his curing abilities as proof that what he preaches is right. Everyone that listens to Hinn beleives in Jesus. Further, they beleive that jesus is acting through Hinn to perform miracles.

That is a broad statement and cannot be true. I know I am saved and can tell he's false.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I can be true to the ones that believe him. May not work for you but it seems it's working for many others or he wouldn't have such a following. People are so called saved in many ways and believe it or not they are not all from one belief.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I can be true to the ones that believe him. May not work for you but it seems it's working for many others or he wouldn't have such a following. People are so called saved in many ways and believe it or not they are not all from one belief.

2 Corinthians 11:[14] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
[15] Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Matthew 24:[4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
[5] For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew24:[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Don't be offended but your quotes are worthless and meaningless to me. They offer no fact or evidence for anything. I'm sorry but the bible is one of the reasons that I have no faith or belief on a god and won't take it seriously. But if you have anything else that you'd like to quote to make a point.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by I See You]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Don't be offended but your quotes are worthless and meaningless to me. They offer no fact or evidence for anything. I'm sorry but the bible is one of the reasons that I have no faith or belief on a god and won't take it seriously. But if you have anything else that you'd like to quote to make a point.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by I See You]

Then its kinda dumb to even make the suggestion of comparing this guy to jesus, when you don't even believe in the bible, which leads me to believe you have no idea what the contents of the book says. Which leads to anything you say concerning this subject worthless and meaningless. Sound familiar?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join