It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do folk believe in Benny Hinn!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
He's been exposed as the world's biggest fraud living off the peoples donations, everything he owns has gold in it, private jets, but hey- WHOSE FAULT IS IT?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why do folk believe in Benny Hinn!?

I guess it's because he tells folks what they want to hear. Oddly enough he was on the TV when I first read this post.
I didn't know that he was Indian? Where did you get that from, not saying that it's wrong, I've just never heard that before.

.... Actually, that wasn't Hinn. To my knowledge, Hinn has never been caught in outright fraud like that.

You're right...it was actually Peter Popoff

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Believing in the bible and knowing it's contents have nothing to do with one another. It's actually one of the reasons I don't believe in it because I've read it. So your response was worthless and meaningless because you judge before you know any information.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
[qoute]on March 10, 2004, in which he denied any financial impropriety but confirmed that he and his staff travel by private plane for security reasons.[5][6]

you would think, a guy who is so blessed by God would trust God for security.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Dallas

Seems to me he's the Preacher who was caught with the ear speaker and radio device, getting his info from backstage.

Actually, that wasn't Hinn. To my knowledge, Hinn has never been caught in outright fraud like that.

dbrandt
Plus if you have not received Christ as Savior you are more likely to be deceived.

Hinn preaches salvation in christ, and then presents his curing abilities as proof that what he preaches is right. Everyone that listens to Hinn beleives in Jesus. Further, they beleive that jesus is acting through Hinn to perform miracles.

Thought it was Hinn. Found some stuff re the transmitter in the following.
www.jesus-is-savior.com... (see CODES near middle of article)

Dallas

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I saw a documentary on Benny Hinn. In it they show that He makes sure all the obvious cripples are hidden way in back, way back from the stage. These folks don't get to go on stage. For some reason Benny can only cure what can't be proven as a cure.

And these poor suckers, er, folks, bring in their crippled children, thinking and hoping Benny can help them through the grace of god.

And at the end of the ministry and miraculous healings, they leave, with crippled children.

How can people like Benny Hinn live with themselves?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Matthew 24:24 declares: "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they should deceive the very elect." More new religions and religious leaders claiming to have the corner market on truth and the answer to all of life's problems have arisen over the past one hundred years than in all of recorded human history. These false Christs and prophets are preparing the way for the reception of the Antichrist. The present day Charismatic Movement, that is popular among the masses of professing Christendom, boasts of great miracles, signs, and wonders.

The false prophets who are promoting the Charismatic Movement are preparing the way for the Man of Sin. The religious masses who are being deceived today by the false religious peddlers will gladly receive the message of the Antichrist when he arrives on the scene. II Thessalonians 2:9-10 declares: "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved."

Many present-day preachers fit the description given in II Peter 2:1-3 which states: "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

If you ever watch the television evangelists you will find that most are more concerned about money than they are the souls of men. They make merchandise of God's people through their fake healing, false teachings, and dishonesty.

www.homestead.com...

2 Timothy 4:3:

"I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears (lit., "itched as to the hearing") they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths.

i know i know...more bible verses....but this does explain it....

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
does anyone remember the guy who was always on late at night (insomnia here so I watch a lot of late night TV) who smoked a cigar and would do his little preaching bit then say he needed x amount of money and he wasn't going to talk until the pledges for that amount came in -- then you would see him sitting in the chair smoking the cigar interspersed with little videos of his wife or daughter riding one of those expensive trotting horses. I sat in amazement that people actually sent him money too.
He would sit there for 45 minutes to an hour waiting. It was mind boggling ...

People want so much to believe in something -- they fall for these con men all the time I guess.

Dr Gene Scott or something along those lines... Yes I remember him and yes i too am guilty of watching the nut job and his scribbles on that board that was suppose to mean something profound... we both are insomniacs

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Don't be offended but your quotes are worthless and meaningless to me. They offer no fact or evidence for anything.

The nice thing is you read them anyway and someday you will need them, plus the following is true and cannot be altered by any man or woman:

Isaiah 55:[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

And on top of that other people also read them and the same thing applies to them

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I saw a documentary on Benny Hinn. In it they show that He makes sure all the obvious cripples are hidden way in back, way back from the stage. These folks don't get to go on stage. For some reason Benny can only cure what can't be proven as a cure.

How can people like Benny Hinn live with themselves?
This must have been the Dateline NBC one i saw. How pathetic!!! I wanted to scream!
Even with this documentary, people all over the world flock to him!!! Like i said, whose fault is it? People are very dumb. Why?

They keep him living in a lavish lifestyle even Elton John hasnt accomplished.
:shk: At least Elton has given the world something real.
Its just enfuriating. :shk:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thought it was Hinn. Found some stuff re the transmitter in the following.
www.jesus-is-savior.com... (see CODES near middle of article)

Yep, thats Poppoff. He's been completely exposed, and people STILL give him money and beleive in him.

Code Words - Code words like saying "Amen, Amen, Amen," are also used to signal assistants when a new "revelation" is required. Elizabeth Popoff electronically transmitted messages on cue from a database to a miniature receiver in Peter Popoff's ear during his faith healing services. This allowed Peter to miraculously "discern" health information. The Popoff ministry was expose one day when some of these electronic messages were recorded and made public on CNN.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredStates

Originally posted by justme1640
does anyone remember the guy who was always on late at night (insomnia here so I watch a lot of late night TV) who smoked a cigar and would do his little preaching bit then say he needed x amount of money and he wasn't going to talk until the pledges for that amount came in -- then you would see him sitting in the chair smoking the cigar interspersed with little videos of his wife or daughter riding one of those expensive trotting horses. I sat in amazement that people actually sent him money too.
He would sit there for 45 minutes to an hour waiting. It was mind boggling ...

Dr Gene Scott or something along those lines... Yes I remember him and yes i too am guilty of watching the nut job and his scribbles on that board that was suppose to mean something profound... we both are insomniacs

That is him -- I also just remembered that he wore reading glasses with sun glasses over top of them on the end of his nose -- When you came up with his name I googled him and was surprised to see he had died - guess that is why we haven't seen him lately -- and I am sure that his wife who was ordained to take his place can't pull of that same gig.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why do ppl believe in Benny Hinn?

the real answer is people are stupid.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Benny Hinn is a con man. There is a website that has people who have confronted him about some propheies that he made on air and never came true. One of the websites is Letusreason.org which I saw the other website that confronted Hinn with emails but never seemed to get a respectable answer. Could have seen that one coming back from a con man who have been busted with his own videotape segments played back for him to give an answer about some of his mouthing off false prophecies and giving wrong attendence numbers to his concerts\annointings!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, heck, jesus told his disciples that he'd be back before their generation was gone, that didn't work out. Failed prophecies are par for the course for, well, people that make prophecies in the first place.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Seems to me he's the Preacher who was caught with the ear speaker and radio device, getting his info from backstage. While telling pointed audience members of their personal info which they filled in on a card prior to entering his domain (auditorium).

I'm pretty sure it was the white bearded debunker who caught Hinn in the act a few years ago. I may have seen it on 60 Minutes but I'm not sure ?

Dallas

If I'm not mistaken, that was Peter Popoff. Cut from the same cloth though.
I believe James Randi might have been instrumental in exposing him.

I should have read the rest of the thread. Popoff was already identified.
One of my employees went to go and see him after watching him on TV. She was convinced that just being in the audience cured her bad back. But when I tried to take her off of light duty her symptoms mysteriously came back.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Sparky63]

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Sparky63]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
Darn, I thought the thread mentioned "Benny Hill"

Sorry for the interruption.

I share your pain.

To be a little on topic, this guy sounds like a fraud, somebody should slap him and take his money and give it to a worthy cause.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If I'm not mistaken he is Palestinian. I don't know wether or not he was Christian or Muslim prior to his becoming a minister. Either way he is rich now thats for sure.

He is actually Lebanese and he says he was Jewish right in his own autobiography. If you get a chance read it. The guy has been around that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Benny Hinn was born on December 3, 1952 in Tel Aviv, Israel, to a Greek father, and Armenian mother. He was raised within the Greek Orthodox Church, and attended Georges Vanier High School in Toronto, Canada.

From wikipedia

There is a pretty sizable Armenian population in Israel...

To put it very bluntly these people are bastards. Hinn and all of his sort are disgraceful people who take advantage of the sick.

Why do I say that? Because many - if not all - off the people who believe in these idiots are desperate people with nowhere else to go. They see the guy fix the cripple on TV and their doctors have told them they have no hope so they send him money to fix them too.

Bottom line, these guys take advantage of desperate people. Are the people who send money to Hinn and Popoff idiots? No, they're desperate people who are conned by professional conmen trying to use God as their accomplice. I have nothing but pity for the people that send money for their "bottles of holy water" or whatever else they sell. They are desperate people who are grasping at anything they feel can help them or their loved ones.

The villains here are these Televised criminals. I'm sure they'll get theirs when the time comes.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
He is a false prophet. It is not Biblical to be slain in the spirit and fall backward like that. By doing such a thing he is getting across the notion that he can command God, that is not the case. God uses people, people do not use God.

Please do not discredit other's spiritual experiences. If you've never been slain in the spirit, then it's ok to say you don't believe it. However, to make a blanket statement lik that is limiting God to your knowledge. God can do more than you or I can even think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join