It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Neo Con Terrorist Bloggers"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
It is stupid what that girl did, but remember it is a 14 years old girl. If you expect such a girl to be a threat than I seriously doubt your capabilities. Aren't their much more important things to do such as defending the US rather than hunting 14 year old girls?

No the Secret Service doesn't have anything more important to do than investigate any potential threats to the President. If you were to write a letter to a newspaper saying the same thing, you should expect a visit from the "men in sunglasses". Just because their profile on Myspace said they were 14 doesn't mean they were 14 in the eyes of the Secret Service. I get the distinct impresssion the Secret Service doesn't take jokes very lightly if you know what I mean.

They needed to follow up on this as they do hundreds of other "stupid things that people say" as they should. It's not like the Internet isn't full of strange people. Unfourtunately some 14 year kids do some pretty sick and stupid things at times. The Secret Service doesn't have the luxury of saying "well that's just a stupid 14 year old girl, no need to check it out".

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

It is stupid what that girl did, but remember it is a 14 years old girl. If you expect such a girl to be a threat than I seriously doubt your capabilities. Aren't their much more important things to do such as defending the US rather than hunting 14 year old girls?

No the Secret Service doesn't have anything more important to do than investigate any potential threats to the President. If you were to write a letter to a newspaper saying the same thing, you should expect a visit from the "men in sunglasses". Just because their profile on Myspace said they were 14 doesn't mean they were 14 in the eyes of the Secret Service. I get the distinct impresssion the Secret Service doesn't take jokes very lightly if you know what I mean.

They needed to follow up on this as they do hundreds of other "stupid things that people say" as they should. It's not like the Internet isn't full of strange people. Unfourtunately some 14 year kids do some pretty sick and stupid things at times. The Secret Service doesn't have the luxury of saying "well that's just a stupid 14 year old girl, no need to check it out".

Perfectly stated Pavil.

Just let me add for the benefit of MdV2 that the only duty of the Secret Service is to provide protection for The President, NOT defending the US.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't think anyone understands what this is about. I agree death threats to anyone big or small, popular or unknown deserves immediate reactions, whether or not people hate or admire the person. What I fear is the forums, personal bloggers, independant news sites simply posting information that are to be considered 'terrorists'. THAT is what the problem is all about.

-DG724

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Just let me add for the benefit of MdV2 that the only duty of the Secret Service is to provide protection for The President, NOT defending the US.

Just to correct you. The secret service's job is not just to protect the Pres., his VP, foreign dignitaries and Heads of State as well as their embassies etc etc. Their job also entails counterfeiting, access device fraud, financial institution fraud, identity theft, computer fraud; and computer-based attacks on our nation’s financial, banking, and telecommunications infrastructure.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The whole idea of these measures is to stifle open debate that conflicts with the "official" government policy. Anyone or any group that then start to meet up in person to discuss their discontent can then be infiltrated and rounded up as terrorist suspects.
It's those in power who decide who is a threat and the way things are going, anyone with a different point of view, who is willing to speak out openly is a threat to them.
It's not that the "terrorists" are a threat to us, it's that we, the ordinary thinking folk, are a threat to those in power. Without our backing they have nothing, which is why they must manufacture bogeymen and keep us in fear, relying on our ever vigilant protectors for our very survival.

If somebody argues that what they are doing is illegal then they'll just have a slippery lawyer and a paid-for judge declare that their interpretation of the law is unquestionable, or just change the law to allow them to do whatever they want. We are only here to finance their agendas and, if necessary, become victims of a manufatured terror event or to die protecting their assets and investments.

Us ordinary folk are mere pawns in their little power games.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Just because their profile on Myspace said they were 14 doesn't mean they were 14 in the eyes of the Secret Service. I get the distinct impresssion the Secret Service doesn't take jokes very lightly if you know what I mean.

Nowadays, agencies and secret services have access to almost every single detail of your personal identity, which is the reason why I refuse to believe that they were not aware of her social status.

Personally, I think they wanted to set an example by taking the girl out of her classroom for investigation.

Unfourtunately some 14 year kids do some pretty sick and stupid things at times. The Secret Service doesn't have the luxury of saying "well that's just a stupid 14 year old girl, no need to check it out".

Tend to agree...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Nowadays, agencies and secret services have access to almost every single detail of your personal identity, which is the reason why I refuse to believe that they were not aware of her social status.

Personally, I think they wanted to set an example by taking the girl out of her classroom for investigation.

Tend to agree...

If you make a threat and they find out about it, they damn well will look into your past and present thoroughly. But its the Secret Service's job not to take any threat lightly, you just dont do it, it isnt good policy to do so and its freakin stupid to take any threat lightly no matter who it comes from.

As for how they investigated it, I agree, it shouldnt have been done like it was but when they do things like this at least I know they are doing their jobs as they should be and not pussy-footing around with my tax dollars.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So basically the complaint here is that people that are conservatives have the audacity to speak their minds on the internet, and that it just must be a secret plot by evil mr. bush.

Didnt you know Democrats invented the internet, thanks to mr. Al Gore??

No, Conservatives are not allowed or should be persuaded not to express any opinion because their opinions do not coincide with popular Liberal beliefs, which are understandable moraly superior and of course un doubtedly right.

Ohhh but the conservatives pay people to blog!!

Ohh .. im sure the democrats do to but they are just speaking out against er... um.. oh yeah the suppressive governing of this dicatorship and um.. the evil neo-cons.. and.. well there just mean because they won the election..

Of course one would have to ask this simple question because being the human beings that we are, I would suppose we like to think like rational and logical beings..

Let us assume the local newspaper only posted liberal commentaries on the opinion page.... would it not seem .. logical.. that the republicans ask that they have some of the opinions section as well?? Is a blog any different then a opinions section?.. are the neo-con super humans taking over liberal blogs or something?? Is there honestly a reason to be complaining except for the fact it is the Republican affiliates doing it?..

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't know.......no one still can list any 'rights' they have lost.

Any threat against the President is investigated to the fullest extent.

Are you saying a 14 year old can not be a danger?

There are younger children who kill in schools. To think that a threat from a 14 yr old shouldn't be taken seriously is incredibly irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

First, he never said he invented it, he said he helped invent it, which he did. He funded millions into a little company that invented the internet for personal use. Sorry, I know, that is the truth and the truth is liberal, but it is what it is.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Just to correct you. The secret service's job is not just to protect the Pres., his VP, foreign dignitaries and Heads of State as well as their embassies etc etc. Their job also entails counterfeiting, access device fraud, financial institution fraud, identity theft, computer fraud; and computer-based attacks on our nation’s financial, banking, and telecommunications infrastructure.

I stand corrected. Thanks PieMan.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC

First, he never said he invented it, he said he helped invent it, which he did. He funded millions into a little company that invented the Internet for personal use. Sorry, I know, that is the truth and the truth is liberal, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the Liberal Enlightenment of the day.

Il go vote for the corrupt donkeys now, since they are the reason I can share my thoughts with all of you. We must keep those dirty Republicans off the internet! It will spoil all the greatness that the Liberals have built!

Well... Im going to go throw up a little now if you don't mind. I mean.. I have heard some dumb stuff come out of Democrats mouths, some incredibly ignorant things come from Republicans and well... Im sick of it. Go look at your self in a mirror, of course everyone is so personally engrossed with their own political ideologies they wouldn't recognize the BS spread all over them.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Getting back to the original post that was put up for discussion. Quite a rant IMO considering the following verbal bombs:

The very website you are now reading would be considered propaganda by these neo-fascists- no matter the fact that the criminal syndicates Bush and Blair front for are the most deceitful progenitors of lurid propaganda since the third reich.

and this one

The only remaining outlet for the groundswell of dissent in opposition to the Neo-Fascist takeover of the west is the Internet, and it keeps these jack-booted bastards awake at night to think you can sit in front of your computer and broadcast your outrage to the four corners of the earth on a whim.

www.prisonplanet.com... .htm

Not that I follow prisonplanet logic too often but I still don't get it.

If some one is openly using the Internet or other means to cause or incite or promote physical harm to others, whether it be Islamic radicals, White Supremacists, racists, xenophobes, homophobes anti or pro Zionists, Democrat or Republican, anyone who does those things, how is that translated to the end of all freedoms on Earth as we know it? Please explain why it is wrong for civilized nations to weed out those who do not respect the rights of others and in fact go the extra mile to incite violence against others?. Do we have to insure the right of those who wish to harm any group just because it is a right that normal civilized people expect? I'm sorry, but if this eliminates one percent of the outright HATE that these type of groups espouse then I am good with that.

If you think these types of legislation are too broad or unconstitutional then by all means appeal and protest about them. Hey you can even vote if you feel up to it. Don't just whine and moan about your supposed lack of freedom to dissent, take the appropriate legal steps to insure those rights.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hey Rockpunk, that's why there are third parties! For Local and House I almost always vote third party just to make things more balanced but realize Senate and Presidential a third party vote is a wasted vote and lean towards Democrats, except if Colin Powell ever ran for Senate or President I would have to vote for him. Guy grew up near here and well, he's a good guy.

Anyways, again, Gore NEVER said he invented the internet, he said he helped invent it which he did by investing millions into the company that brought the internet to everyone and not just the military.

And hey, if Republicans can figure out how to turn a computer on and get online let them! I hate when there is an online poll with over a million votes that show a landslide for Dems or against Reps the excuse republicans use is "Well Republicans don't know how to use the internet." Then when you ask them are they saying republicans are stupid they say "You're name calling!" But it's like wait, you said republicans are to stupid to use the internet and that is why an online poll with over a million votes is like 98% Democrat. And the arguement goes round and round until they either stop posting or I give up. Thankfully this place hasn't been as bad as Myspace Forums but there are still many out there that drive me up the wall.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'm sure they were pretty confident of the identity of the person in question, don't know what you mean about social status. I don't think the government has psychological profiles on all of us or else we are in trouble.

I agree. I thing they do that to eliminate more "stupid comments" like that in the future. I'm sure the Secret Service does the same thing to anyone who makes a threatening statement to the President. They have to take every threat seriously and go out of their way to make examples just to limit that type of behavior.

Freedom of speech is a right and a responsibility. You don't get to say anything you want at anytime.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Good points, not enough people vote for the third parties

Which might actually be a good thing, most third parties or the most prominate ones are far to left, and far to right. Nothing in the middle.. nothing actually representing the average American.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

First, he never said he invented it, he said he helped invent it, which he did. He funded millions into a little company that invented the internet for personal use. Sorry, I know, that is the truth and the truth is liberal, but it is what it is.

Really? That will be big news to Paul Baran, ARPA, and BBN (Bolt, Baranek, and Newman).

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

And hey, if Republicans can figure out how to turn a computer on and get online let them! I hate when there is an online poll with over a million votes that show a landslide for Dems or against Reps the excuse republicans use is "Well Republicans don't know how to use the Internet."

This has been debated here before. Republicans don't use that excuse, they just don't care if they see blatent manipulation of a poll online. Both parties manipulate the Internet to their own ends. To say otherwise is to deceive yourself. Look at how "google bombing" happens and why it is done. Look at the blogosphere and tell me that both sides don't plant people there to advance their agenda's.

The nation is roughly split 45/45/10 in regards to Republican/Democrat/Independent so to have a poll 98% in favor of one group smacks of manipulation does it not? I don't think we as a nation can decide on anything at a level of 98%, let alone politics.

Politics never changes, just the technology.

Define Politics: Poli- many, tic- blood sucking creatures.
Just a joke to all those here who are in the above profession.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Let me try and put a bit of perspectvie on this for our right-wing friends.

Extend these proposals out, and ATS will not be allowed to exist, because people here sometimes express views that are contrary to what our respective governments think - which they may label as being "terrorist actions", and sometimes people even expose things that our respective governments would rather you didn't see.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Really? That will be big news to Paul Baran, ARPA, and BBN (Bolt, Baranek, and Newman).

Are we going to be funny?

Since Bush does not want Al Gore to present his slide show on global warming, he should perhaps ask Al to give him a master class of using 'the google' and 'the internets'.

Following his enthusiasm earlier this week for “the Google” - and two years after his talk about “the internets” - George Bush has been interviewed by America’s MSNBC about his use of technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join