It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran calls for Islamic baby boom

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I never said the Catholics were evil, I said they planned for the future. It is not evil to plan for the future, even if it means forbidding birth control.

I never even implied Catholicism was evil. Jeesh.

Please, you got caught with your pants down, admit it.

For the record, I am a Spiritual Anarchist and consider ALL religions to be cults. I have made no bones about that and posted widely on the subject. Link

Had it been my intention to call Catholicism evil there would be no doubt in anyones mind where I was coming from.

In this instance I merely pointed out a long standing practice of the Catholic church and the reason behind it. I did not imply one way or the other whether it was right or wrong.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So you desire that their own population to fight a war that they do not care or see a need to fight? You want their population to start a battle for foreign interests and beliefs? In case you don't remember, this President was elected much like our own. Whether the majority of them agree or disagree is irrelevant. For instance it has been shown in polls that more than half (a simple majority) do not approve of our own Presidents decisions, and obviously we are not ready to go to war for one President's poor decisions.

DYepes, that is not what she said at all. She said that change in Iran will come from within, because the people are increasingly dissatisfied living under the current system there. She also made the point that accepting Ahmadinejad's call to breed was in fact continuing the oppresive notions that women are not much more than breeding factories.

And I won't even address their electoral system, where more than 1,000 of the candidates who applied to run for president, including all the women, were disqualified by Iran's Council of Guardians.

Now you may see their beliefs and culture as backwards, as many would also see us, but it is really not right of you to encourage others to fight against their own beliefs and for those of foreigners.

But what if it is not their beliefs? What if they think that women are equal to men? Are you saying it is wrong to encourage them to fight for change?

According to your own sources jsobecky, Iran has no qualms about hosting refugees, immigrants, and is trying hard to attract tourists.

Yes, I dug it out, and I could have very easily not printed it, if I had an agenda. But I don't and I didn't.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well last I checked no woman has EVER been President of the US EVER. And only one has actually ever run for the position. Who knows how many are disqualified in our system. Again, there was nothing to state he was calling for women to breed at all. Everyone is just reading into it because they are told to believe this man is an evil devil man from the darkness of boogey dwellers.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
She said that change in Iran will come from within, because the people are increasingly dissatisfied living under the current system there.

Exactly. The young adults are already unhappy with the radical islamics. If you add to that a whacked leader who wants the women to run back to the stoneage and give up their education; their self sufficiency through employment; and become baby factories just to send those babies off to die in his war ... then I see a major change in Iran coming from the IRANIANS themselves.

Originally posted by mrwupy
and consider ALL religions to be cults.

Technically all religions are cults. People get upset with that word, but it's true. ANY religion is a cult.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
www.israelnationalnews.com...

And how does Iran expect to feed the extra 120 million Iranians that they are calling for? Expansion of Iran will be needed to cover that. How does it expect to educate and employ all those new youths? I'm sure it doesn't.

If India and China, both with populations in excess of one billion can be heading toward super power status, then an additional 120 million is no big deal.

It's about whether Iran can utilise and manage its manpower resources optimally.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join