It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran calls for Islamic baby boom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by born_to_be_wired
couple of weeks mmmm....

Oh look who's back. And yet you promised us all that you'd be gone from this thread. So much for taking you at your word on anything.

Yes .. a couple of weeks. You registered 10/9. Today is 10/28. That's 19 days. So you couldn't possibly have registered here; focused your little brain on me; reviewed all of my 6,000+ posts; and come to the conclusion that I have thousands of 'paranoid anti-muslim posts' ... not possible in 19 days... and not possible since I don't have thousands of them. Not hundreds either. And if I have any ones critical of radical islamics it's because those radicals deserved criticism.

Guess you lied, eh?

Of course .. you could be a BANNED person who has come back .. against the rules. If that is the case then you STILL would be wrong about me having 'thousands of paranoid anti-Islamic posts'.

Either way .. you are OFF TOPIC and a troll. Oh .. and you LIED when you said you wouldn't be back. tsk tsk tsk.

[edit on 10/27/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The world is already overcrowded.

Absolutely. And to call for a doubling of population with no plans on how to feed, educate, or employ all those tens of millions .... that's irresponsible.

The call for a baby boom and doubling the population is AGAINST what the policy of the country has been for a while now. The leadership and the people of Iran had been moving in a responsible direction in regards to population and education. This is a call to move backwards. (or a call for a future army)

Basically the call is for women to be home having large numbers of babies .. not out working or getting an education. Definately a step backwards for Islamic women in Iran. They are rather progressive for that part of the world. This would be bad for them - bad economically; bad for their educations; bad for their health; bad for their individuality; bad for their freedoms that they've gained ... just bad.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Of course .. you could be a BANNED person who has come back .. against the rules.

i've never been banned btw

ill leave you to your business...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Perhaps that's where the current leader of Iran got his idea? Or perhaps he just pulled up the old one from Iran back in the Khomeinis time. This isn't the first baby boom that a whacked Iranian leader has called for.

A question.

FF do you yourself blindly follow a whacky leader, or you use your own brain?

Wait, don't answer that.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Come on now....

I am NOT a MOD, but this is ridiculous...

Is there really any reason to attack FF personally?

When you post something that lends NOTHING of intellect to the thread, is it that you have nothing of intellect to add to the conversation? If that is so, why post at all?

FF has defended her beliefs here and substantiated her premise with passion and typical ATS decorum. Some heated debate has ensued as is to be expected on all of the more popular threads, but really!!! Personal attacks about some fictitious threads and attacks about her way of perceiving an issue are actually rather childish and lend the readers of the thread to formulate opinions about you and not FF. These opinions are not favorable and when you begin a thread that YOU want some intellectual input from the members, you wont get it because people will remember your behavior on this thread.

I know that I personally just "skim" over the thread that are authored by certain members because I am aware of their propensity for attacking others members on a personal level. I just avoid their contributions altogether.

Can't we just debate this issue and not each other?

(No this was not directed at YOU, or any other member in particular, just a generalization. )

Semper

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
FF do you yourself blindly follow a whacky leader, or you use your own brain?
Wait, don't answer that.

Grow up. Get on topic or get lost. Geeeeeze.

Only time will tell if the Islamic men and women of Iran will follow what their leadership is asking for or not. It would be VERY easy for the leadership to cause hardships for those who don't follow what he wants. Iran is rather progressive, but when leaned on by people in authority (people with weapons and power) Iranians who don't follow this could find themselves in a world of hurt. Only time will tell if this call to double the population is backed by force .. or if it just dies off.

Considering how far Iranian women have come in recent decades it would be a massive loss for them to be pushed back down by a command from their government to breed.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

The leadership in Iran is now calling for Iranians to have many, many babies and BREED the world into an Islamic state.

Interesting concept isn't it. It appears to have worked for Chrisianity. That is not only because of the the stance on birth control but also marrage as a tool in general. Tell two people that it is immoral to have sex out of wedlock, get them to marry, then let them form their childrens beliefs to that of their own *cough-the church's beliefs-cough*.

Don't be fooled, everyone has an angle.

yes, including the precious Muslims and anyone else who isn't Western

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by Peyres

Originally posted by mrwupy
This is the very reason the Catholic church forbids birth control, so its members will breed more Catholics. The more catholics they have, the more power and money they have.

I don't believe this is an Iranian conspiricy, I think its called planning for the future.

So the Catholics are merely evil, whilst the Iranians are wisely planning for the future?

The level of double standards on this site is outrageous.

The double standards you are seeing were invented in your head. That is NOT the context he posted it in at all. Like he said, planning for the future. Theres nothing "about evil in that sentence. Its called self-preservation. The Israelis constantly attempt to raise their populations through any means possible (and Im not talking about Arab-Israelis, their concern is Jewish-Iraeli population) wether its through birth or immigration. Canada also pays people to relocate to the less populated areas of Canada. Nothing here is evil with the exception that a few of you here don't like the idea of Muslim children or Muslim adults.

money and power? Surely what the 'evil' elite, Satan worshippers and trying to achieve by ushering in a NWO? No?

I will paste what he said again, in case you missed it:

"The more catholics they have, the more power and money they have"

Anyone can see what he is implying.

Yes, every nation on earth is worried about their population pyramids, its hardly good for a pension crisis for example. But it has been mentioned that Iran's leader specifically said that by out breeding the west, his notion of a 'collective' Islam will triumph. Sounds a bit Hitler-esque to me

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The news article says that he is calling for a baby boom, and he says this

"I am against saying two children are enough. Our country has a lot of capacity. It has the capacity for many children to grow in it. It even has the capacity for 120 million people. Westerners have got problems. Because their population growth is negative they are worried and fear that if our population increases, we will triumph over them."

He is not saying to everyone, "please have 6 or more children instead of two." He is not saying "Hey we should populate the world with Islam, and destory all freedom and peace!!!"

You have to analyze exactly wht he says. When he says that he is against accepting the belief that families should be capped at two per. It is likely he simply believes many would love a larger family, and they should not accept Western standards to limit yourself to two. there is no command or dictate to breed larger families, only the reassurance that larger families are more than welcome

He goes on to say "their population growth is negative they are worried and fear that if our population increases, we will triumph over them."

He is not stating that they will defeat us, he is only pointing out the Western Paranoia. They are in fact growing, while some in Europe are actually decreasing. Now White supremecist thinking (not a person or people, but a thought) wants us to believe if their population declines, and any others grows larger, the world will become a worse place for ALL.

This is what the President is pointing out with his last sentence, you know his actual words?

Everything else which was added in with anti-Islam opinions is paranoid speculation and conjecture.

Fact of the matter is, the majority of Islamic nations are quite developed, modernized, and do not follow strict sharia or crazy fuindamentalists laws.

[edit on 10/27/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

This is the very reason the Catholic church forbids birth control, so its members will breed more Catholics. The more catholics they have, the more power and money they have.

I don't believe this is an Iranian conspiricy, I think its called planning for the future.

So the Catholics are merely evil, whilst the Iranians are wisely planning for the future?

WHOA!!! Where did you get that out of what I posted?

I never said the Catholics were evil, I said they planned for the future. It is not evil to plan for the future, even if it means forbidding birth control.

I never even implied Catholicism was evil. Jeesh.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
You have to analyze exactly wht he says. When he says that he is against accepting the belief that families should be capped at two per. It is likely he simply believes many would love a larger family, and they should not accept Western standards to limit yourself to two. there is no command or dictate to breed larger families, only the reassurance that larger families are more than welcome

Oh, please. We are constantly being told that what this man says is not what we think he means. You make it out to be like he is some benevolent uncle talking to a couple of newlyweds, and spreading the idea of joy and blessings that a large family brings.

He is encouraging them to breed because he wants bodies. He wants bodies in order to "triumph over" the West.

He goes on to say "their population growth is negative they are worried and fear that if our population increases, we will triumph over them."

Yes. And what should Iran's response to this be? To breed more children.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
He is encouraging them to breed because he wants bodies. He wants bodies in order to "triumph over" the West.

Incorrect. He says that the fear of the west is that having a greater population would worry that Iran will triumph.

"Because their population growth is negative they are worried and fear that if our population increases, we will triumph over them."

No where does he say that he wants "babies to triumph over the west," but rather that by advocating more births, the west will worry that Iran is trying to triumph over them. That is exactly what this entire thread is doing, as he predicted. He said the westerners would fear and worry that Iran is trying to triumph over the West, and you did exactly that.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You have to analyze exactly wht he says.
I did. So did many, many others. I gave some of the links. Credible people all around the world, including many Iranians, believe exactly the same thing I do about his statement. If you choose not to, that's fine. Many of us are looking at the ENTIRE PICTURE - his words and his actions coupled with this statement. You can be Pollyanna if you wish. I choose to be vigilant. That's not paranoia. It's being smart.

When he says that he is against accepting the belief that families should be capped at two per.

There is no Iranian law that families should be capped at 2 children. Komheni wanted massive families to breed an army not to long ago. Islamic leaders after that said to keep it at two. Now this guy wants to DOUBLE the population. That isn't simply lifting a self imposed restriction ... that's a call to a huge leap.

It is likely he simply believes ...

Now it's YOU that is putting words in his mouth. that's what you accused me of. Here you are doing what you accused me of .. but in the opposite direction. Sugary sweet conjecture.

there is no command or dictate to breed larger families ...

Not yet. The call is there to double the population. We will see what comes next. We will also see if there is any pressure from the government put on the population to breed.

Everything else which was added in with anti-Islam opinions is paranoid speculation and conjecture.

Actually everything YOU said seems to be Polyanna speculation and conjecture.

There is nothing that I posted here that is anti-Islamic. Find a statement from me that says Islam is evil, etc. It's not there. I think its a stupid religion .. I fully admit that. But so what? There are a lot of stupid religions on this planet IMHO. This isn't about Christ v Muhammed (not from the non-muslim end anyways) This is about a whack job in charge of Iran who wants to become a nuclear super power and is now calling for his people to double the population. He has made threats upon threats to other soverign nations as well. The entire package he's presenting screams out that he's trouble.

And I'm not the only person on the planet to think so.

edited to fix quotes

[edit on 10/28/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would still like a reply to my previous questions:

Does not the Quran tell muslims to be charitable? Why, then, does Iran not invite some of the millions of starving muslims around the world to come live in Iran?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Flyers, I would like to ask, would you support a Pre-Emptive battle against Iran as a result of everything you believe this man says, and believe may do? If so, then hopefully the draft resolution that is proposed every year is indeed passed, and I can serve right alongside with you. I would love to serve with you as well jso, but I think you have already passed the age limit no?

When mighty war rains down upon Iran, I shall be there to laugh alongside the rest of you on the front lines at the war you desired so hard to happen.

As far as your question jsobecky, I cannot find any relevant information on Iran's immigration policies, possibly due to their government websites posted in their native tongue, or possibly Iranian government sites are banned from visibility from our US servers. Either way, I cannot answer your question without any relevant information on their immigration policy, and neither can you make any assumptions on it either if you dont have the facts.

Is there anyone here that may be able to present us with some of Iran's immigration policies to help answer jsobecky's question? Maybe Syrian_sister, half_minded, or DJ_Messiah? Any of yall got a clue?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is one of the more informative sites I have found regarding Iran's immigration policies:
www.ilw.com...

From this, and other sources, it seems that Iran suffers from a severe brain drain to the West. But it has no lack of refugee immigrants, esp. from Afghanistan and Iraq, which are a huge strain on resources. Which makes the call for more breeding even more puzzling.

Israeli nationals are not welcome under any circumstances. And Iranian visitors that claim dual citizenship with America often have their travel documents confiscated, which means they cannot leave Iran. It was suggested that those visitors leave their documentation with the nearest American embassy for safekeeping.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

WHOA!!! Where did you get that out of what I posted?

I never said the Catholics were evil, I said they planned for the future. It is not evil to plan for the future, even if it means forbidding birth control.

I never even implied Catholicism was evil. Jeesh.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by mrwupy]

Please, you got caught with your pants down, admit it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Flyers, I would like to ask, would you support a Pre-Emptive battle against Iran as a result of everything you believe this man says, and believe may do?

No. I have said this before on this site. I fully believe that the young adults of Iran will be throwing off the yoke of radical islam AND of their whacked leader. His call for a massive step backwards for woman - keep them home and pregnant and basically unemployed and uneducated - is another brick on their backs. Sooner or later their backs will break and they will submit or they will throw it all off. I believe they have had enough freedoms to want to throw it off.

When mighty war rains down upon Iran, I shall be there to laugh alongside the rest of you on the front lines at the war you desired so hard to happen.

You asked a 'question' and then didn't bother to wait for an answer. You ASSUMED and then made a fool of yourself by claiming that I 'desire a war so hard'. That REALLY looks very silly of you.

[edit on 10/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Why, then, does Iran not invite some of the millions of starving muslims around the world to come live in Iran?

I often wondered about that when it comes to the 'palenstinians'. All those Islamic oil rich countries .. all that wide open space in Islamic countries... and yet none of them want to take the 'palestinians' in or lift them out of their (alleged) dire situation.

The 'Palestinians' are being used by their Islamic brethren as cannon fodder against the Jews.

Iran could easily take them in. But they don't. Instead the call is to double their own population .. in a world already severely over populated ... in a world where there are vast numbers of people looking for a home

Excellent point JSO.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So you desire that their own population to fight a war that they do not care or see a need to fight? You want their population to start a battle for foreign interests and beliefs? In case you don't remember, this President was elected much like our own. Whether the majority of them agree or disagree is irrelevant. For instance it has been shown in polls that more than half (a simple majority) do not approve of our own Presidents decisions, and obviously we are not ready to go to war for one President's poor decisions.

Therefore, it would seem, seeing as the peope of Iran are equal to us, also see the folly of going to war for what Americans are told are a devil of a man. Don't forget that has been said about our own. In a few years, there will be another election, the way there was here, and if they wnt someone else, they will vote for him, if not they will keep him in power until his limit has hit. Exactly the same as happens here.

Now you may see their beliefs and culture as backwards, as many would also see us, but it is really not right of you to encourage others to fight against their own beliefs and for those of foreigners.

As far as the Palestinian issue goes, I would rather choose to avoid going into that discussion. After being here for some time it is common knowledge that subject usually derails into discussion about a war on Islam, Zionists, anti-semties, and encouraging genocide on the middle east. So please,for the sake of avoiding distasteful and hateful comments, lets drop the Palestinian issue on a topic about Iran and the people putting words in his mouth.

According to your own sources jsobecky, Iran has no qualms about hosting refugees, immigrants, and is trying hard to attract tourists.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join