It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Flash!! US Soldier kidnapped in Iraq!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
honestly all i can think of saying as a reply is

ok

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Looks like they haven't made any progress finding him yet.

No word on missing Army soldier in Iraq

This doesn't sound good. If his family was smart they should also disappear for their own safety. If he was grabbed by one of the death squads, they may come back and accuse them of collaborating. I can only hope he isn't suffering.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wow sad news. Is Israel going to bomb Iran now? They got to be looking for an excuse to do this. I sure hope they get this person back but I doubt it.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Eh its just 1 soldier and its a war you expect these things to happen. Sadly he will probably be multialted but that happens. Just be prepared for the worst like I am.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Uh didn't them bomb Lebanon because of one soldier?? I think that's what happened anyways..

You know it would be time soon for some good old false flags over there to get things stirred up again.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My friend in the Mehdi army told me about a year ago that the US was offering to iraqies a chance for a green card and US citizen ship if they Join the US army and fight against their own people. He then went onto tell me if such a person was captured that he would be immedietly executed as a traitor.

This must be one of those guys, there is no "accusation" needed, he is a collaborator plain and simple.
He's a dead man.

moving on, "kidnapped" is for little girls, "captured" is for enemy soldiers, are you equating your men to little girls? Well... they certainly scream like little girls perhaps kidnapped is the right word after all.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
don't tell me someone actually feels sorry for this man.

i don't belive that for a second.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I feel sorry and sad for all the military involved in this war (what country they fight for).

I make no apology for that

In pace
resi

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i pity some brainwashed fools.

But traitors. no sympathy, no pity, and no mercy.

i hope you can understand that

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What you say "kidnapped" is illogic, If you regard what happened in Iraq as a war, the soldier wasn't kidnapped, but seized or captured,he is a captive. Only when you say the war is over, if your soldier is seized again , you can say he is kidnapped.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

damn, i'm speechless. A board full of Americans and no one gives a damn.

Maybe the kidnappers are the family of that raped and murdered of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl ?.

I feel sorry for the guy dont get me wrong but he had S#$% for brains going to fight in Iraq in the first place.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by helium3]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
its all of someones view, there are two types of people fighting in Iraq terrorists who attack cuvilians and those who just attack US forces, i dont see the ones that just attack US forces as terrorists,

But then again arent the US and UK forces "Terrorists"? Who is a "Terrorist"?

because its war and your forces are in a war zone, they can expect to be shot at and in worst scenarios taken captive.

Yes but you dont call a child "Captured" by kidnappers.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
My friend in the Mehdi army told me about a year ago that the US was offering to iraqies a chance for a green card and US citizen ship if they Join the US army and fight against their own people. He then went onto tell me if such a person was captured that he would be immedietly executed as a traitor.

This must be one of those guys, there is no "accusation" needed, he is a collaborator plain and simple.
He's a dead man.

moving on, "kidnapped" is for little girls, "captured" is for enemy soldiers, are you equating your men to little girls? Well... they certainly scream like little girls perhaps kidnapped is the right word after all.

Lol heresay is fantastic isnt it.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
"Yes but you dont call a child "Captured" by kidnappers."

So then you agree, unless your equating US soldiers to children.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I suppose you would scream like a man?

You know, I now understand the mentality of a suicide bomber. If I were married to you and had to listen to your rancid hate, I too would strap on a bomb and blow myself up. So continue to fight for your cause, and if you win one day you can put on your burka and be put in your place by men hitting you with sticks.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If Israel has given up on their captured soldiers then I doubt the US will either. And the Israelis consider their soldiers more valuable because of the relatively small army. Doesn't say much for american meat does it?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
US soldiers are there to fight. They know they are in a war zone so they shouldn't stray off into dodgy territory.

Soldiers don't get kidnapped, they aren't children and they aren't innocent. If they are in a war zone and they are there to fight then they shouldn't be surprised when they are captured.

My thoughts go out to him as they do to anyone who suffers in this war.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
People enough squabbling, we can easily figure out which term can be used lets see, from dictionary.com

kidnap - to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud, esp. for use as a hostage or to extract ransom.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

dictionary.reference.com...

and capture

cap‧ture  /ˈkæptʃər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kap-cher] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -tured, -tur‧ing, noun

–verb (used with object) 1. to take by force or stratagem; take prisoner; seize: The police captured the burglar.

dictionary.reference.com...

so they are pretty much both the same definition

And I too would agree, the word captured is more "sophisticated", since these Iraqis are plain clothed and very sneaky, I think kidnap would be the proper term.

It appears CNN also feels this way

Masked men grabbed a U.S. soldier, handcuffed him and forced him into a vehicle, the U.S. military said Tuesday, offering a relative's account of the kidnapping in Baghdad.

Missing soldier was kidnapped by masked men, relative tells military

www.cnn.com...

Lets all enjoy and nice hot cup of french latte and calm down for a bit. Put in your favorite Richard Gere movie and enjoy the day!

[edit on 26-10-2006 by RichardGeere]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Lol, no I dont believe US soldiers are children (nothing wrong with being a big kid btw) I was using it as an example but to appease you I;ll rephrase that: "Do you call a man "captured" when he is kidnapped from his house?"

Or how about the oil workers off africa that where recently returned? Where they captured?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

"Yes but you dont call a child "Captured" by kidnappers."

LOL, you are a riot!

You do know that ADULTS can be kidnapped too?
nice try, friend of the dark ages..

If a child soldier (we all know how they LOVE to recruit children to do the killing)
from the insurgent side is abducted, are they kidnapped or captured?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join