It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Flash!! US Soldier kidnapped in Iraq!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

US soldier kidnapped in Iraq - US commanders say all available resources will be used to find / rescue him!

Hope he is well, but sadly I think this will end as another video of pain from the Iraqi terrorists..

I pray for him and his safe return.

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 24-10-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
OMG.

Not one single reply to the fact that an American soldier has been kidnapped in Iraq - Not one comment, not a single peep out of any one.....

ok so whats the deal? is it not a real news story? are you ignoring it because its a CNN link? ...... The dudes been kidnapped in IRAQ and you are all silent.....

I am truely puzzled by the lack of response / updates from any one!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
not being funny, i don't think anyone on the forum will be in the slightest bit surprised at this news.

i only hope the poor sod lives to tell the tale.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

I am truely puzzled by the lack of response / updates from any one!!!!

It's a supposed "war", the lack of response is probably due to the fact that it's not much of a surprise.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm speechless.

damn, i'm speechless. A board full of Americans and no one gives a damn.

Well buddy, who ever you are, I hope you live to tell the tale, and i hope you don't read this in years to come and see the complete lack of give a damn there is in your country about a soldiers saftey and well being.

I care.

Prayers for you and your soul. DK.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hey man i care totally.

Being former military i know what its like over there.

Coincedentally at this moment in time my Brother in Law is on the plane to Iraq for his 3rd tour with his regiment. This time for an 8 month posting and its unuual for him to get upset but he feels something bad this time. This will only serve as a kick in his teeth when he hears about this.

I hope this US man survives and lives to tell a true heroes tale

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
DK, there weren't more responses because this soldier's fate is no mystery. I hope they find him, but if they don't there's really little question as to what will be done with him.

All we can do is say a prayer. But I thank you for bringing this into ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I pray for him. But chances are that he will survive is nil. Not to mention, its his fault for visiting his relatives, you know that insurgents are watching American military bases?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
there goes someones father/brother/son/husbend lief for someone elses agenda
what another waste of life

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am saddened to hear this.

I hope he is found alive soon.

More blood on the hands of the US government (these people are NOT human)

In Pace
resi

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
not "kidnapped".

Thankyou very much.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Disregard this post.

And please delete.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
the word is kidnapped because it is a crime done by a civilian group against a victim.

Captured is one army against another - But these people have no army or would be wiped out, hence the 'enemy combatant status.

Kidnapped Syrian sister, not captured -

hahaha Syrian I know where you avatar came from - and I have the video of the guy trying to shoot his AK-47 and getting a tank round in the chest for his troubles.... I'll post it for you if you want to see it - Real David getting swatted by Goliath stuff.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A life is a life. Whichever side you are fighting with. Think about a single life in the making. In an instant, it can just lose like that. When someone gets killed in a war, it maybe just a statistic to others, but think about the consequence. What would a father or a mother feel upon learning that their child is in great danger or just got killed? That is the reality.

TG

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think if you're stupid enough to go to Iraq then you should expect to be abducted. It never ceases to amaze me why people go there unless of course they want to be abducted.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
D4rk, He was not kidnapped he's a soldier, he's in a war to kill or be killed, if you put yourself in war zone there's a good chance your going to end up dead, do you have the same feelings for innocent Iraqi's, do you have prayers for them?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
the word is kidnapped because it is a crime done by a civilian group against a victim.

1. its a war zone
2. shes right its captured not kidnapped

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The guy was dumb enough to go off unauthorized from the IZ with his cousin, to visit his wife in another area of Baghdad.

You go off like that and you'll get into trouble. I hope he's returned safely, but highly doubtful.

He's a Sunni, so i figure he's probably tortured and dead by now, probably floating in the Tigris river.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
1. its a war zone

So does that mean if a soldiers "Captured" by the real IRA does that count?
Tell me what defines an "Army"?
What defines a "terrorist"?
If it depends on personal opinion, then I'd call them(Insurgents) absolute idiots who currupt the voice of islam to thier own view.
Like the media.

2. shes right its captured not kidnapped

Explain?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
So does that mean if a soldiers "Captured" by the real IRA does that count?
Tell me what defines an "Army"?
What defines a "terrorist"?
If it depends on personal opinion, then I'd call them(Insurgents) absolute idiots who currupt the voice of islam to thier own view.
Like the media.

its all of someones view, there are two types of people fighting in Iraq terrorists who attack cuvilians and those who just attack US forces, i dont see the ones that just attack US forces as terrorists,

Originally posted by devilwasp
Explain?

because its war and your forces are in a war zone, they can expect to be shot at and in worst scenarios taken captive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join