It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please show me a ''real'' pic of saturn.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just found a pic of saturn that looks more real but it's still a bit far

www.solarviews.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Hey there selfless, I want you to know I understand your confusion on this issue. I used to be semi-professional 3d CG artist, I have done commercials and used lightwave 3D the same program used to make a lot of science fiction TV shows and movies. It is great for doing outer space planet scenes. I think what the problem is that what you are seeing is the post processing NASA has to do to make these pictures so nice and crisp. A detailed picture needs a certain amount of light. When shots are taken that far out beyond the sun, and a picture of such scope (capturing a gas giant) it is bound to look like it has been CG. It doesn’t mean it has, remember if a picture can be made on a computer with the kind of detail modern software and hardware has provided, editing a real picture is child’s play.

My point is there is not a reason for them to fake the entire shot. They can just edit the shots that have been taken. I hope this helps.

Regards, LGM

Yeah thanks for that explaination,

Do you have the pic that they took before they edited it to to be more crisp? i rather see it for real then seeing itt edited.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Selfless if I remember correctly...John Lear is the one who started talking about how NASA really covers up everything and that Saturn is not a gas giant and has an atmosphere and every picture from NASA is doctored up. Maybe you are taking what John Lear is saying a bit too seriously, considering he himself does not have personal experience with these things and gets most of his info from stories.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Do you have the pic that they took before they edited it to to be more crisp? i rather see it for real then seeing itt edited.

No my friend I do not, but I do know what you mean, it does look like something I have personally done in Lightwave! I can empathize with you completely. I don’t know why so many people were so hostile to you because it does look CG, this is from an old pro.

Regards, LGM

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Selfless if I remember correctly...John Lear is the one who started talking about how NASA really covers up everything and that Saturn is not a gas giant and has an atmosphere and every picture from NASA is doctored up. Maybe you are taking what John Lear is saying a bit too seriously, considering he himself does not have personal experience with these things and gets most of his info from stories.

No i keep telling you people that this has nothing to do with john lear.

And for the record, it's not john lears thread that made me suspect nasa, that was going on way before i even came on ats and heard of john lear for the first time.

so please, no more john lear references ok? i don't like to have to repeat my self but here it is one more time.

This is not about the john lear thread and this is not about proving there is life on saturn.

Are we clear now?

Good.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

No my friend I do not, but I do know what you mean, it does look like something I have personally done in Lightwave! I can empathize with you completely. I don’t know why so many people were so hostile to you because it does look CG, this is from an old pro.

Regards, LGM

I think they are hostile towards me because they missinterpreted my intentions for this thread to be about nasa and it's not, i just told my opinion on nasa and that's all it is, an opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Looks like you need to get to Googling, Get a Telescope, or fund your own space mission!

What exactly would make you go "yep! thats a real pic of Saturn!" ?

How will you know, when you see it?

Have you gone through the raw images at the Cassini website?
That might be a good place to start..
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Edn

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Selfless you don't seem to understand the process needed to get good detailed close up pictures of planets from earth or space its a lot harder than you must think.

First off Saturn is massive you cant simply take one picture of it and expect to get it all in unless you do it from far away and doing so will produce a small image of the planet, a large detailed image would require literally thousands of images that would then need to have a crap load of post precessing to put them all together. But no one does that because theres no scientific need for it, we already know what Saturn is made up of and unless your a meteorologist there isn't much interest in the main body of the planet, there is however a lot more interest right now in its rings which you can get plenty of close up images of.

This was taken by cassini, as you can see the entire ring system is not included because if you did so (and wanted to keep the same detail) the image would end up being absolutely massive not to mention its a lot easier to examine a strip of the ring system at a time than the entire system.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
hi-res with the sun behind Saturn

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
Hi-res of a section of the rings

Like most people are saying, go look for yourself because its obvious your never going to accept anything else otherwise unless you see the planet for yourself.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is one that I took myself about 2 years ago and i assure you that this one IS real.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
Like most people are saying, go look for yourself because its obvious your never going to accept anything else otherwise unless you see the planet for yourself.

Im just saying that the close up pics of saturn looks like computer generated images and the pics im talking about are still far enough to get a full picture of saturn.

I didn't say saturn don't exist and i know i can see it with a telescope but close up pics of saturn so far are just simulations of what you see on a telescope they are just computer generated images or like lonegoneman said maybe they are edited pictures of the real thing so it looks more crisp.

well i want the real deal and i don't care if it's not as crisp as the computer generated ones.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus
Here is one that I took myself about 2 years ago and i assure you that this one IS real.

Thank you escrotumus i trust your pic and your words to be the real thing but still it's not close up.

But i appreciate your pic man thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i a supposedly on ignore - so i will keep this final post short

Im just saying that the close up pics of saturn looks like computer generated images and the pics im talking about are still far enough to get a full picture of saturn.

and as has been explained to you - not just by me

your expecyations of what saturn should look like are in error - not any NASA imagery .

your are demanding a ohoto that looks like you expect saturn to look - you have been given scores of real pictures -

your reaasons for rejecting them range from the sublime to the rediculous

look up what " false colur " images actually are

well i want the real deal and i don't care if it's not as crisp as the computer generated ones.

you have been given the real deal

the problem is you

the reality of saturn does not match your fantasy of saturn -- so you for inexplicable reasons , assume that the images are fake

and demand images that conform to your fantasies of how saturn " should " look

get over it

APE - OUT

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Get a telescope and look at it yourself.

From your posts I'm guessing your implying that all the pictures are fake and 'they' are lying about how it looks or what it is like.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
no prob... maybe this is a bit better?

Here is the picture of Saturn taken by the Hubble telescope in ultraviolet light. The glowing, swirling material at Saturn's poles is its auroral "curtains," rising more than a thousand miles above the cloud tops. Saturn's auroral displays are caused by an energetic wind from the Sun that sweeps over the planet, much like Earth's aurora, which is occasionally seen in the nighttime sky. The process that triggers these auroras is similar to the phenomenon that causes fluorescent lamps to glow. Credits: J.T. Trauger (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) and NASA.

of course, there is that pesky nasa stipulation...

[edit on 23-10-2006 by zoopnfunk]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes zoop, i have seen that pic before.

It's a very interesting pic, i think it looks real but the possibility that it's a fake pic is also there.

But i still think this pic looks more real then the others.

Thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We've just been having a little fun with ya

Here's what Saturn really looks like

But keep it quiet, you don't want the rest of the world to find out.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Selfless.... I still didn't get an answer at my question. Well...in fact many of us asked you the same thing. Why do you think those images are not the real thing, that they are computer generated?
Can you give us some objective reasons?

Edited to add:
Damn, Rasobasi420...I told you not give away that picture!!!!!

[edit on 23/10/06 by Apass]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apass
Selfless.... I still didn't get an answer at my question. Well...in fact many of us asked you the same thing. Why do you think those images are not the real thing, that they are computer generated?
Can you give us some objective reasons?

Edited to add:
Damn, Rasobasi420...I told you not give away that picture!!!!!

[edit on 23/10/06 by Apass]

Why would i waste my time answering something to someone who redicules me?

Right, i wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Right, i wouldn't.

Because if you don't, more people may ridicule you. That may not be the 'right thing to do' but hey, here we are.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Right, i wouldn't.

Because if you don't, more people may ridicule you. That may not be the 'right thing to do' but hey, here we are.

Then so be it, redicule me all you want it's not gonna change anything, im still gonna filter throught all this useless bickering and pay attention to the people who provides me with what looks more like a real picture of saturn then a fake computer generated image or edited from a real one.

So continiue to waste your time by making fun of me please, it will only make the contributors of this thread who take it seriously more valuable.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join