It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you afraid of??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm petrified of spiders. Especially ones that have eyes on the end of stalks!

I'm also scared of flying.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Spiders are cool, they tickle when there on your skin, losing my wife or her loosing me and America starting a nuke war.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am not sure why but everything I am scared of I have the compulsive ugre to try out to get it over with.

I hate it when it happens and even have a problem with it after I have "faced my fears" but I can't help myself because (sounds strange but) I was too scared not too.

So really I suppose my fear is of not doing something I have a compulsion not to do.

:/

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am afraid of people who can not think for themselves. There seems to be a whole lot of them these days

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm afraid of being alone in a huge, dark lake with fog on top.
and something comes from the deep.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Jesus
I am not sure why but everything I am scared of I have the compulsive ugre to try out to get it over with.

That sounds like some good advice! Now all of you people who are scared of spiders should try holding them, and maybe give them a little kiss on top of their fuzzy head, (full of roaming eyes)

That would mean I would have to get lost in the forest, and perhaps go see a needle probing doctor :bnghd: So never mind

Edit* error

[edit on 10/27/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I have an irrational fear of Camels!

I just can't stand them. Break out in a cold sweat and feel physically ill when I see one.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Fear. The Camel!

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Being trapped on a planet with a bunch of homicidal brilliant monkeys more afraid of each other's disapproval than of the spiritual consequences of acts of evil.

Not really an obsessive compulsive fear, but it haunts around the edges.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Spiders!

Ugh.
I have a fear of spiders. I simply hate the damned things.
Nevertheless, about fifteen years ago I tried to overcome my fear of spiders actually obtaining a "Chilean Rose Tarantula". I, of course, did a lot of research (know your enemy) and I became thoroughly familiar with the disgusting creatures.
Knowing the tarantula did not ease my fears of them. In fact, after feeding them crickets and other insects that I managed to catch for "my spider", I only grew to hate them more. Regardless, I forced myself to handle "Fred" (after Fred Astaire -- inspired by his film "Daddy Long Legs") on a daily basis. I would let him crawl around my living room and I even developed a strange rapport with him. I won't say that we like each other but we both did our part. On my part, I fed him, kept his aquarium/home clean and supplied him everything that was required. I handled him on a daily basis. On Fred's part, he never bit me.

One day, after about a year of our "relationship", I found Fred...dead. I suppose he simply died of old age. All I know is that I did not mourn Fred's passing and that I will never keep another spider as a pet. Granted, I did learn that tarantulas are remarkable creatures with a strange and distinct personality. But I will never overcome my fear -- or healthy respect -- for spiders.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You do know that I started this same topic last year, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

See, I told you I started this thread first.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
You do know that I started this same topic last year, right?

What I am afraid of is some wiseguy derailing my thread (which was already working it's way to the bottom) and proclaiming that his thread came first.

But since you brought it up, this thred was doing just fine, dying a slow natural death until YOU brought it back to the top.

Yes, YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU!

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Spiders and fearsome looking insects. But I make myself trap them and set them free in the garden as I don't like killing them.

Flying, this is the biggie for me. I do not like it at all but have had to make myself to go on holiday but it gets worse everytime. Next trip I will get tranqs from the doc.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My fear is of cats, they just freak me out for some reason and yes I have one. My son came home moved in with me and got , a freaking cat. Now I have to confront that fear every day. ....also I have a fear of the dark, like if there was a blackout I woud totally freak out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join