It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you afraid of??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Clowns.

I don't know what it is about them, but they really scare me.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Wasps. I hate them and they seemto hate me. I want to get a flamethrower and barbecue all the wasps I can find.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The only thing that I'm scared of is losing my loved ones.
(

Other than that, life's "fair game".

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I like spiders and wasps, they are benign creatures. I knew a spider called Reggie who lived in my bathtub for a while. He was a good listener and rather good company.

What I hate is anything that is unnecessarily slimey or has too many legs. There are some pretty disgusting invertebrates out there, things you wouldn't want in your house.

I sold a house once because it was inhabited by a vile insect that I couldn't get rid of. It was a huge multi-legged thing. It walked around like it owned the place. I'd be sitting in a room and it would just walk in and stare at me with a threatening look on its face. I tried to dispose of it in various ways without actually having to touch it or go too close to it, for fear of its wrath. But it was impervious to everything and outwitted me at every turn. I called it the "Eew Bug."

Other than that... my phobias include getting hit by a car, stepping in dog poop, going to the doctor, making typos, extreme weather, restaurants, things that live under the sea, things I don't understand, being met with indifference, public washrooms, sugar, crowded spaces, and probably a few others.

By definition, does a phobia have to be an irrational fear? I think a lot of my fears are probably rational, as are many that others have listed. So they don't really count.

Nevertheless... fun topic.

JR

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Failure, becoming like my father when I was a child...and meg ryans breasts

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Shot JR
going to the doctor

I too have a phobia of going to the doctor. I really have to be very, very sick to go in. I never take a flu shot! I think there is something in them. I think this particular phobia comes from my childhood. I was always in the ER for something when I was a kid. Including having my stomache pumped. No doctors for me:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
that's a very hard question to answer.

as a street (and dirt) motorcycle rider, one of my worst fears is t-boning someone that pull out in front of me at speed. -- (or getting drug under a semi-truck trailer by my chin-strap for 6 miles)

- getting cancer or worse, living with a degenerative nerve disease.

- living with conditions that are similar to, or are considered the brain has been de-cerebrated. (totally paralyzed, but your mind is fine. no touch, no hearing, no seeing, just wake and dream)

- losing my beautiful wifey in an accident or health issues.

- being cruelly murdered (think the movie hostel)

- getting cut and crushed to death or burning to death.

awfully vain set of scares huh?

oh, and future terms of the bush family in presidency scare me too.

-b

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
possums..i HATE those
things.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You know, as brash as this will sound, I'm not afraid of anything.
Atleast, I can't think of anything I'm afraid of.

I use to be scared of dieing, but I'm not anymore.

[edit on 10/24/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Clowns, spiders, and needles (sort of)

I've always been terrified of clowns since I was a little kid. Same with spiders. Most people understand why

When I was a kid, I would always be scared of bloodtests, shots, etc. Not because of the pain but because of the needles...Now though, I don't have as much of a problem with them (getting many tattoos/piercings during my life helps get over it) But still, seeing long needles freak me out from time to time.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'd have to say my biggest phobia has always been spiders. It came from when my family moved into an old farmhouse and we went to explore the barn. When my dad opened the door I almost walked right in to the biggest spider web I've ever seen. It spanned the whole barn door! The spider in the middle of the web was huge too. Before that, I was never afraid of spiders and after that I was deathly afraid of them. Not sure why - maybe because I'd never seen one that big before.

I'm getting better about it though. It used to be where I couldn't kill even the smallest spider and just this year I've killed a couple of pretty good sized ones. I have to admit that I probably wouldn't have if my husband hadn't already been fast asleep in bed. I didn't want to wake him and didn't really even want to let the spider out of my sight. There's nothing worse than seeing a big spider and then not knowing where it went!!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't think I have any phobias per se, but my biggest fear is easy, and any parent will know immediately what I'm about to say: Something happening to one of my kids. Until you've been a parent, I humbly submit you don't know the meaning of the word "fear". Everything else pales in comparison. And, thank God, so far, so good.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
my own stupidity

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm afraid of growing old.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm afraid of heights and spinning things.

On a plane heights seem alright, but when I was at the top of the CN Tower, it had a glass floor, and I could NOT walk on it...or look down, it was too frightening.

The spinning things is like, ceiling fans, unshielded fans, car wheels if too close, that kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
wasps and other similar insects... I got into a nest of them when i was about 8... suffered about 10 stings or so... so i see one and equate that one witht he pain i suffered when i was 8.

and the dark scares me. Not all the time though... there are times where im perfectly fine in the dark... but other times I am very afraid and every little sound scares the mess out of me.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am scared I am already dead and no one told me . and POSSUMS I beleive I saw someone else a few posts ago who is also scared of them. I thought I was the only one . I literally freeze when I see one .One time I couldn't get out of my car at work until it left the parking lot,and then I thought it was just tricking me and was really sneaking around to get under my car to wait for me to get out .OOOOOOOOHHHHHH geez i am getting goose bumps. by the way if I am dead then you guys are toO cuz your reading this, right? maybe I am not, nah , just scared to be without knowing. death o.k. not knowing. BAD.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I used to be afraid of worms when I was younger. Now, there's pretty much nothing left out there that scares me.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I have two main fears. First and formost is cockroaches.
Not Masagascar Hissing fear factor snack cockroaches.. I think they are kind of cute. Not the wee lil German cockroaches that are everywhere and are just pests.
Not the black fat and slow Asian cockroaches, or water bugs as we called them when I was growing up.
But the BIG 2 inch long plus brown flying American cockroach.
Ohhhh. I get shivers just thinking about them.
Those suckers are viscious, they'll even come after you, if you don't hit them right the first time, and they are FAST and they FLY.
When I was small, my mother worked in a clothing import store, and there was a huge mutha that must have slipped in from 3rd world country (I have heard that american cockroaches come from Africa, go figger, and that is where most of these clothes came from)
There was a huge 4 incher, that only ever came out when I was by myself, and he would charge at me.
I'm vertically challenged, being 5 1, and was always small.. and that roach looked like something out the Jurassic era.. I was about 3 at the time.
Finally, one day the roach hemmed me up in the changing room, and I was screaming my head of when the manager ran in, saw the roach that no one believed existed, and jumped UP in the air, and DOWN on the roach, which made the most horrific squishing noise.
I can hear the squelshing to this day. Like a chrunch/splat/squish
That bug AFTER squishing was 4 inches, which mean presquishing was probably at least 5 inches.. Bigger than my hand at the time, and maybe bigger than it is now, lol.
I hate them, hate them, loathe them, fear them,
Deeply
The other is dentists. The scream of the drill, the smell... it doesn't help that my body processes novacaine too fast, so yeah, they have to knock me out. They can't give me enough novacaine to be effective long enough.. When I was small, the dentist could only work on my mouth for at most a half hour, because syringe after syringe of novacaine, and I'd be OK for 5 minutes, then I started feeling it.. Not good at all.
I am only slightly less afraid of dentists than I am of cockroaches.
The sight of a dentist doesn't send me leaping up in a chair, screaming, heart palpitating, waving a wildly pointing finger pleading with someone to KILL IT!! KILL IT!!! PLEASE!!! KILL IT!!!
But it is a near thing.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

On a plane heights seem alright, but when I was at the top of the CN Tower, it had a glass floor, and I could NOT walk on it...or look down, it was too frightening.

I felt like that too at the CN tower, but I managed walking on it eventually, and it helped me get rid of my fear of heights too I think.

Oh, another thing, I am scared of (and fascinated by) volcanoes, particularly river of fire type ones such as Kilauea.

Like this:

The bit in Lord of the rings in the Crack of doom also scared me at one point too.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by apex]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join