It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you afraid of??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What are your deepest fears or phobias? And post something you have had to do, regardless of that fear or phobia.

Mine is a fear of heights.

And when I was in the Army many moons ago, of course I had to travel many times by airplane.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Fear of complete loneliness, and there being no heaven...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Fear of heights, loneliness, public speaking, and some others I can't think of right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i got fear of doing some intense action of any kind,like exercising or speaking to someone as best as i can.
i fear there would be potential consequences.
but i did some of those when i was young and i got in trouble and in some pain.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My biggest fear is being lost in the woods. I have gone into the woods before, but only a few hundred feet, and I constantly try to find land marks just in case.

Once when my husband was elk hunting...(about 10 yrs ago) the guys had come back from a morning hunt and were napping...I took a walk up this gravel road, and went into the woods a few hundred feet and spooked a bull elk, and he was snorting, and thrashing a tree in front of me...it scared the tar out of me!:w: lol :w: :w: :w: :w:

[edit on 10/19/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have a fear of commitment.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have a fear of heights, but it's slowly decreasing. I think it might have something to do with my mother dropping me when I was young.

other than that...heh...a lot. I've been terrified of being loud, having all the attention, doing something 'unforgivable', feeling helpless...pain, letting go of my my control over live, letting out my anger...err...trusting life.

but I'm working on it
and I am sorting myself out.

cape diem...

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lonliness. Not having someone. Not alone so much, I can handle being alone. It's the possibility of there not being someone somewhere who cares.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have a tremendous fear of putting myself in front of others for any reason, public speaking, performing, whatever. At one time I had a dream of being an actor but had to give it up because of the overpowering and debilitiating stage fright.

I also have a deep-seated fear of drowning, although I don't know why.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Spiders!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What am I afriad of?

Everything.

Life.. Death..

But my main phobia is water. nearly drowned when i was little, cant even look at the sea or swimming pools lol. (Well I did a month or two ago, I sat on a harbour wall, I freaked out but i'm very proud of myself!!) I freak out if somebody puts water on me (can do it to myself though) but i love the rain lol.. yes im strange

Im also afriad of The dark, Spiders and bugs (ew!), and the normall stuff lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Chissler. Thanks so much for scaring the beejezzus out of me! Is it too late to take back those WATS I've given you? Don't ever do that again, or . EEEEKKKK. I hate spiders. I fear them. I stomp them, again and again and again and again and again. Then I'll come back later and stomp 'em some more.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
with some really common fears...I think the one that gets me really freaked out is GERMS...people germs.

Food germs - I can control to an extent - in my home I can control the germ population...but out in public...all those hacking, sneezing, spitting, butt-scratching, nose-picking, non-hand-washing people...

People and their hygiene...ewwwwwww.

Daily I do have to go out and "mingle" with them and their germs and most times I can put it out of my mind, until I see something that grosses me out...like someone who's just come from the bathroom (non-hand-washer) and then touches stuff I may have to touch as well.

Most other fears and phobias I can walk through...but the germ one has a profound effect on me sometimes. Can we say BLEACH...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
SPIDERS. I hate them.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
mines not really a fear or a phobia more of a what the hell would u do if it happened and it is being stuck in the wrong time period i mean what the hell would u do

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
spiders they scare the living
out of me

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Spiders!

thanks you just had to post that
i remember shooting spiders that big on holiday (just shows how much they scare me) that i would go that far

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
A lot of people are afraid of heights. But, myself, I'm deadly afraid of widths!!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Getting caught reading BTS on my computer at work!!!

That one day my Mother In Law will have to come and live with us. Thats the stuff of nightmares.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm afraid of failure, and being called a failure. Theres one thing I cant tollerate, and its failure. I have to do well at all I do, its just a personal quirk. I also fear dissappointing my parents and family. But I think this is normal. I have no true normal or abnormal fear or phobia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join