It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arent the eco freaks protesting the North Korean nuclear tests??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That's why if you love mother nature you move to canada where you have more of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Its disgusting people refuse to maintain the planet they live on.
Its pathetic you label people whom care for mother nature as terrorists or freaks.

Go out to New orleans and ask them if they are now FREAKS, because the understand what mother nature is turning into, simply because of 'us'

this post has saddened me more than any post ive read, because if human beings cant even respond to the cries of saving our existence..

what really is the point?

edit, sorry pepper, didnt understand your pov for a second there.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I personally like the term "Enviro-Whackos".

They won't mess with North Korea because it doesn't fit their Anti-America, anti-capitalist agenda.

Let a country like Japan start up tests in self defense, then the Whackos would lose their minds.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

They won't mess with North Korea because it doesn't fit their Anti-America, anti-capitalist agenda.

Perhaps you should ask your Bush administration why he has not gone after NK.

The same way that it did in Afghanistan and Iraq.

See, the priorities are not the same.

So your statement is completely out of place.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Perhaps you should ask your Bush administration why he has not gone after NK.

The same way that it did in Afghanistan and Iraq.

See, the priorities are not the same.

So your statement is completely out of place.

Geography has alot to do with it. If you mess with North Korea, you might tee off China. Not the right time, not the right place. Whereas Iraq was the right time and place!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I personally like the term "Enviro-Whackos".

Let a country like Japan start up tests in self defense, then the Whackos would lose their minds.

atleast someone understands...and to the person who said katrina was created by us hurting the enviroment PLEASE find me one non biased sourcethat says exactly that...where were the hurricanes this year??all of a sudden in the media the global warming hysteria died becuase there was no huge hurricanes it happens...please tell the people in buffalo about global warming im sure theyd love to hear it...take the group of eco ites who torched all the ford SUVs in the name of the enviroment that did a lot of good...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I didnt say that the global warming caused the hurricanes, nor will cause more.
but global warming heated up the water in the gulf, which made this dwinlding hurricane dramatically increase in size and strength.
It was predicted for a long time to happen due to increase in water temp in that area.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
its been predicted for a while that will happen...ok its also been predicted for a while that a huge earthquake is due for the west coast...so what exactly does it mean that its been predicted anyone can predict something to happen then when it does scream about how you were right

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I am a capitalist, entrepreneur, manufacturer and I resent you calling me anti American for my belief that the planet is important. vis a vis an Environmentalist.

I also see nothing wrong with Japan becoming an nuclear power.

Try a little independent thinking rather than parroting back the likes of Rush, savage, Sean H.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Correct,

But u cant put a device in the ground and go..
hmmm..... this has drastically increased due to a human factor.. and the next earthquake that happens is going to be severe.

but, you can measure the tempperature of the water, and scientifically hot water, causes severe storms.

It just hapens after they concluded this, and realised SHOULD A hurricane cross into the gulf it will increase in size and strength
Then it happened.

so when the next hurricane comes through, it'll happen again...
and again.
and again..

all because global warming has heated the earths oceans...

that is undeniable

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkyes
oh why cant you go to north korea to protest?? point of my post is that eco terrorists only try and make headlines and are really only out to try and create hysteria

I typically don't align myself with eco-groups like Greenpeace or the groups that have burned SUV's in "protest". However your question was why people whey protesting NK nuclear tests. Someone answered you that there was indeed some protests, peaceful and all, against all nuclear testing worldwide.

Your response above is fairly juvenile, your question was answered, you could've simply said "thanks I didn't realize there were protests going on". Have you been to NK recently? Did you just go online and buy some tickets via Expedia or what?? Communist countries are not the best places to sneak into (as an illegal visitor none the less) and try to stage a demonstration. Have you seen Tianeman Square?? Protesting in a lot of countries can get you hurt being passionate about an issue doesn't mean someone has to be stupid about how they approach the issue.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
im glad for greenpeace and those who rise up to the crap in the world where it happens, just as long as it is for the better of mankind. good, these people care about the future and so do i, even after i die, maybe someone else will have it better and maybe future generations can make it even better. i give people like that a thumbs up. i think this planet is going downhill, we need a positive change for our future or we will not have one. god bless those who try, and i bless those who do.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by Senor_Vicente
sorry for the double post, but Diane Sawyers is there.

That is amazing. I wonder how she managed to get access to NK? I have heard that Little Kim likes blondes, tho, so maybe that's it.

Originally posted by marg6043
No, people can not protest anymore because you are deemed a terrorist.

So why even bother and be in the administration list of people of interest for the safety of the nation and national security.

marg, don't you think that's being a little melodramatic?

NK's nuclear program needs to be stopped. An arms race in that part of the world would do nobody any good. Plus, Kim is very unstable.

This would be so much easier if China would stand up to NK, but I don't think that's going to happen. It would be great if we could get several million Chinese to protest the tests.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
marg, don't you think that's being a little melodramatic?

No, I been sarcastic Js because if you look at what happen with Afghanistan and Iraq specially Iraq, you perhaps understand the double standards here.

NK is a threat they should No be allow to have nuclear weapons and we know that US has the power to bomb strategically their nuclear plants and be over with it without invasion.

I don't believe that China is going to put up a fight at all. They are becoming to Capitalistic and they have been in bed with US corporate power to let a good thing go for a littler troublesome country.

China is not going to do anything because Nk is next to their borders no the US borders so they are going to let US deal with them.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why didn't the eco freaks protest the american nuclear tests??

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
because they didn't know?

[edit on 20-10-2006 by buddhaLight]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Obviously the multitudes are not protesting the North Korean tests in vast numbers because they recognize the environment is the true terrorist. Giving birth to all these metazoan life forms that suffer with such piquant existential despair. All those vivapouraous and catastrophic life cycles. Deep down the people are starting to think death is the only answer.
That's why they don't protest and greenpeace are 'terrorists'.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well for starters people that want people to recycle and want to protest nuclear weapons are not bad people. It is when it your love for the planet turns into something like PETA when you do stuff like that it is an entirely different story.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkyes
oh why cant you go to north korea to protest??

Dunno, but I guess the following might be involved:

Death
Life Emprisonment
Impossible to get there
Impossible to leave once you do somehow get there
In North Korea its not like its going ot help anything. Kim Yunk Il is a crazy mofo that doesn't even listen to himself, let alone some foreign protestors.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Im sure they did, but did any1 really care?

"Hell, we won the war" sorta attitude.

I think its good they tested these weapons, they needed to set world wide precidence.. and the enviroment wasnt a mess, like it is now. Atleast people didnt know about it due to lack of technology.

Maybe greenies wouldnt bother posting in this thread, because they believe its outrageous to even assume.. they will laucnhing boats, landing in nkorea, and marching with banners.......
This isnothing but an attack on the organisation.

Why are you so quick to put the blame on nkorea..
Its the American NATION.. doing the worst damn things to the planet, everyone one of us RELY ON!
How about some people get off there arm chairs, drop the soda the pizza.. put your f100 keys on the bench and start helping us.
Imagine a world where you drink polluted water, eat modified food, and breathe through a gas mask...... when out doors.
maybe not for a while.. but its getting hotter, the oceans are producing some unpredicted activity, the earth crust is starting to shift possibly because of the increasing temperature in the physical rock of the planet.... but then again

we never predicted whats happening now.. how can we predict whats going to happen later?

[edit on 20-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join