It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arent the eco freaks protesting the North Korean nuclear tests??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I guess its easy for them too protest when they know the worst thing that is going too happen to them is a slap on the wrist...they wont let nuclear reactors be built in our country when nuclear reactors are far safer then conventional/coal power plants. If they really beleived in taking care of the earth they would be over their waving their signs and chaining them selves to Kim jong ills palace

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
We are and have. A very public and dramatic demostration happened in Toronto. It involved Greenpeace advocates dress up like grim reapers standing in front of flags of all Nuclear Armed nations. The whole procession was silent as well. No blow horns. No marching chants. Just silence. That is how seriously us "eco freaks" are taking this situation.

I guess it's very easy to critisize when you only read the news that is filtered to you via drudge and fox.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
really you were over in north korea??? dont watch drudge sorry...dont really even know he is...the only person i occasionally get around to listening too is michael savage...and the local news...i want too see these people with such a passion go over too north korea and protest their use of nuclear weapons...BTW how many people have died due to nuclear power in the US vs coal plants??

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkyes
really you were over in north korea???

What does that have to do with your question in the thread title, which is what I was replying to.

i want too see these people with such a passion go over too north korea and protest their use of nuclear weapons...

Greenpeace has a S. Korea chapter, they have been part of the outcry as they are covered under the umbrella of Greenpeace International.

BTW It's impossible to "Go to N. Korea to Protest".

BTW how many people have died due to nuclear power in the US vs coal plants??

Offtopic.

What's the point of your thread anyway?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
oh why cant you go to north korea to protest?? point of my post is that eco terrorists only try and make headlines and are really only out to try and create hysteria

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Greenpeace doesn't count. They are not an environmental group. They are a terrorist group.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just... wow.

Why don't they go to North Korea? Well, for starters, it may have something to do with North Korea having totally closedand militarized borders - nobody gets in, nobody gets out.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Just... wow.

Why don't they go to North Korea? Well, for starters, it may have something to do with North Korea having totally closedand militarized borders - nobody gets in, nobody gets out.

That sounds like the best idea for a video game ever.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The ignorance in this thread is really running amok.

I guess Im not surprised that someone who says that one of their only news sources is Micheal Savage would spout off about "eco freaks" and eco terrorists".

The OP gets a big
for this one.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Go to nrdc.org, and go their nuclear weapons/waste link. I have been there all day for some science assignment.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Just... wow.

sorry for the double post, but Diane Sawyers is there.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So people that care for the future of your childeren, their childeren and the planet are ' freaks '

wow, thats very... well i cant desrcibe the sort of person that describe someone whom cares for his planet as a freak...

that in itself is freakish.

but ill play along.

The reason the ' freaks ' ( such as i am myself one ) are piping up to a major extent is because...

you ready for it?

Unlike america... Australia... GB And europe... there's no chance of change in Nkorea.. they are a communist regime.. the world is trying to make them stop researching.. so how are we going to argue them down from enviromental issues?

the big question here is

why are the freaks in power, refusing to stop killing the planet... i mean atelast in the western world we have the ABILITY to stop wrecking this planet.. we just choose not to..

Ive said it before and ill say it again.

Mankind is supposidly the most intellegent being on the planet.
how intellegent is it to pollute the air we breathe, the water we drink and the land that provides us with food.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkyes
oh why cant you go to north korea to protest??

Because anyone going there to specifically protest would not be allowed in, and if they should sneak in and get caught, they would disappear permenantly. Stalinist Regimes tend to do that to their own people on a regular basis for just hinting at some doubt at the state.

point of my post is that eco terrorists only try and make headlines and are really only out to try and create hysteria

Eco Terrorists?

So it's a terrorist act to attempt to stop Uranium shipments to and from places like France in the 90s? It's a terrorist attack to try to get people to recycle more?

Wow. You sir have a truely twisted worldview.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

i want too see these people with such a passion go over too north korea and protest their use of nuclear weapons

Dude,

I dont know how much news you watch or if you even read newspapers or know what the political enviorment is around the world but try and get a visa to go to north korea....it aint happining you cant get in there even if you wanted to.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just because people care what happens to there planet doesnt make them freaks. Maybe everyone else is a freak for not caring?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pepperslappy
Just because people care what happens to there planet doesnt make them freaks. Maybe everyone else is a freak for not caring?

It's more then freaks now, he defined us "Freaks" as Eco Terrorists.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Wait Ecologic terrorist. He must not be talking about us Eco Terrorists HARM the environment. So he should maybe change the wording.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The topic title is extremly offensive in any ways! this is against ATS prime rules.If we all now start to call names to every "social" human groups at will, this place will turn in a war zone!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I agree,
It baffles me as to why we are the enemy, when are trying to save something that the HUMAN RACE depends upon..
yet.. the ones who are destroying it, are the oh so noble ones.

It makes sense tho, you must be this deluded to be activley against people saving the planet..

Sigh,
unfortunately, mother nature will not distinguish between the people who adore her and attempt to maintain her, and the people who are out to profit from her demise.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No, people can not protest anymore because you are deemed a terrorist.

So why even bother and be in the administration list of people of interest for the safety of the nation and national security.

Yes when anything you do already is tagged with a name, by other Americans it really make you wonder were we are heading.

NK will have nuclear weapons and they will have their test and US will do nothing about it because is not in the US priority list.

BlueSkyes

So . . . why are you not protesting? got scare of your government?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join