It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arent the eco freaks protesting the North Korean nuclear tests??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
GreenPeace is BS, or at the very least has become a BS organization. From what I understand some of the original founders of Greenpeace left Greenpeace because it had resorted to anti-government protests and activitism and that wasn't what Greenpeace was about. Greenpeace was about the preservation of the environment, and I personally do believe that someone needs to stand up for the environment.

The world is important, and we must realize that it needs to be properly maintained. And I seriously doubt that Global Warming is the root cause of most-all environmental disasters as some people say "Global warming is here! We're all doomed! We've ruined our planet!" It's simply ludacris.(Not saying that anyone on this thread said it, just pointing something out that I have personally experienced and may come up).

I however have not been aware of any protests in N.K. directly, I know that there are global activists that are working to help the environment globally, but directly to N.K. I don't know, too much fear in the area. Kim really has that country on a short leash, a real short one.

When was the last time an envrionment activist group or leader recieved the nobel peace prize for influencing the lives of hundreds, thousands, millions of people and making a step forward in the preservation of our environment? When have these groups been acknowledged in a major achievement that was a step forward?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Shattered, see the first link in my signature of what I would call "Model" Envirnomentalists.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Why are you so quick to put the blame on nkorea..
Its the American NATION.. doing the worst damn things to the planet, everyone one of us RELY ON!

What do you base this on? We have very strict environmental policies and rules - an entire industry can be shut down because a salamander lives in a log.

Ever been to Mexico? Go there if you want to see pollution and no laws.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We all want clean air.
We all want a clean healthy environment.
We all want good health.

We don't all believe that lies, deceit and criminal acts are the way to accomplish this goal. Only liars, criminals and lowlifes think that way and participate in those activities. Groups like Earth First and Greenpeace are nothing more than criminal organizations. Even suggesting they are credible exposes a person as one of them.

When you support them you are supporting their actions like:
Spiking tree's which caused deaths and horrible injuries (Earth First).
Attempting to ram a ship loaded with Plutonium to release its contents into the environment (Greenpeace).

Sounds like terrorists acts to me? Only another criminal would support this. They don't give a damn about the environment. They are just anarchists. People who care about the environment don't try to ram a ship load of Plutonium. As to the tree spiking, that is murder. Why would anyone defend that?

If your unaware of what these groups are doing, you should be if you are going to support them. You are guilty of whatever they do as an accomplice. Their leaders and many of their followers could care less about the environment. It is just an excuse to do violence and commit crimes.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Isn't Earth First another name for Earth Liberation Front (ELF)? Now there's a real eco-terrorist group!

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Isn't Earth First another name for Earth Liberation Front (ELF)? Now there's a real eco-terrorist group!

No they are two entirely different groups.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
We all want clean air.
We all want a clean healthy environment.
We all want good health.

We don't all believe that lies, deceit and criminal acts are the way to accomplish this goal. Only liars, criminals and lowlifes think that way and participate in those activities. Groups like Earth First and Greenpeace are nothing more than criminal organizations. Even suggesting they are credible exposes a person as one of them.

When you support them you are supporting their actions like:
Spiking tree's which caused deaths and horrible injuries (Earth First).
Attempting to ram a ship loaded with Plutonium to release its contents into the environment (Greenpeace).

Sounds like terrorists acts to me? Only another criminal would support this. They don't give a damn about the environment. They are just anarchists. People who care about the environment don't try to ram a ship load of Plutonium. As to the tree spiking, that is murder. Why would anyone defend that?

If your unaware of what these groups are doing, you should be if you are going to support them. You are guilty of whatever they do as an accomplice. Their leaders and many of their followers could care less about the environment. It is just an excuse to do violence and commit crimes.

This is biased press, it's not what really happened. I knew people who were in Northern Califorinia with Earth First at that time. They are extremely non-violent people. Spiking a tree does NOT kill it, girdling does. Also Earth First told the logging corporations they were spiking the trees, they didn't want anyone hurt. But the corporations went ahead and logged the trees anyway and then lied and made a big deal about it to the media, in order to blame Earth First, who were actually innocent of any of these charges. They were not eco-terrorists or any other kind of terrorists, they're simply trying to keep our earth from being destroyed so that we can all continue to live here.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
because its Bush's fault. Its only the west that is destroying the world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join