It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Trade Center + Explosives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by Insolubrious
Ok well, I guess you never heard of thermite fires caused by drilling? These can be brought about simply by drilling a rusty surface with aluminum drill tips. Good construction workers should know this and have to be careful drilling rusty metal surfaces as to not cause a thermite fire.

No I haven't. Have a source? All I can find on the net is someone stating it in a thread. Not here.

Edit: I'm not discounting you just am curious if this is true.

only a .pdf but there is a paragraph on thermite...

it's only logical when you think about it, powdered aliuminium and rust -> thermite reaction, how you create the powder is irrelevant.

edit: Source: www.rokdok.com...

Light metals and their alloys have an affinity for
oxygen and when they are brought into close contact
with oxygen bearing material, such as iron oxide
(rust) in the presence of moderate heat, then a
chemical reaction occurs, called a thermite reaction
[1].
- This thermite reaction can generate
temperatures over 2000°C.
- The heat necessary to start the thermite reaction
can be generated from frictional contact or from
merely a glancing blow.
- A similar reaction can also be produced if either
a smear of light metal is left on a rusty surface
and is then struck with a glancing blow or
where a rusty metal object strikes a surface
coated with aluminum paint.
- Aluminum foils, widely used for cooking and
wrapping candies and cigarettes will also
produce a thermite reaction if laid over rusty
metal and struck a glancing blow.
- Aluminum pop cans and lunch boxes can also
potentially produce a thermite reaction if they
come into contact with rusty steel

one point for accidential thermite reactions i guess, even though i severly doubt they would last very long.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
perhaps this is something, however it was released in 2004.. curious.

www.mms.gov...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

In flammable and explosive environments, sparks have to be eliminated for reliable operation and safety.^Thermite sparking is a comparatively rare phenomenon which produces a relatively hotter spark than friction sparking.^It involves aluminum alloys and rusted steel.^This paper reviews and compares the mechanism of generating thermal and friction sparks and assesses the risks from thermite sparking.^Various methods which can abolish this hazard are illustrated.^The work reflects the findings of 200 publications.^The methods of thermite spark suppression in this paper apply to all aluminum structures in drilling and production platforms.

Source: www.osti.gov...

This is the only thing I have found so far. I would imagine a thermite spark (which is a rare phenomenon) is a big difference from a thermite fire or a natural occuring thermite reaction.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Light metals and their alloys have an affinity for
oxygen and when they are brought into close contact
with oxygen bearing material, such as iron oxide
(rust) in the presence of moderate heat, then a
chemical reaction occurs, called a thermite reaction
[1].
- This thermite reaction can generate
temperatures over 2000°C.
- The heat necessary to start the thermite reaction
can be generated from frictional contact or from
merely a glancing blow.
- A similar reaction can also be produced if either
a smear of light metal is left on a rusty surface
and is then struck with a glancing blow or
where a rusty metal object strikes a surface
coated with aluminum paint.
- Aluminum foils, widely used for cooking and
wrapping candies and cigarettes will also
produce a thermite reaction if laid over rusty
metal and struck a glancing blow.
- Aluminum pop cans and lunch boxes can also
potentially produce a thermite reaction if they
come into contact with rusty steel

Care to give the source for this. Because without that, I can't verify. You could have written that yourself.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I didnt say there was no plane, I said that isnt where the plane hit. Re read my original post above.. I think you mis understood me.

I have seen the video a hundred times already yes it is very close to where the plane hit, obviously it is not the center but right at the edge where the wing tips went in (probably because the wings were thin enough to be shredded to filings). Also its quite feasible to think the thermite had poured/trickled into this section.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Insolubrious]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Also its quite feasible to think the thermite had poured/trickled into this section.

It's also just as feasible that the thermite poured/trickled into this section from the core columns.

I do believe that a natural thermite reaction could theoretically have occured. I just would like to see some proof that it is possible.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's also possible that there was no thermite reactions and that the towers were weakened beyond what they could handle and then fell.

What positive evidence exists for the use of thermite?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
oh thats definitely thermite in the video, did you watch it?

video.google.com...

Regardless, thermite doesn't make concrete explode into micron sized particles(!)

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
What positive evidence exists for the use of thermite?

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

That doesn't happen "naturally". Also, if that were actually done by a torch, there wouldn't be slag on both the inner and outer parts of the column. A torch blows the heat (and slag) to one side or the other...not both at the same time.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If that is thermite, then why is it spilling out the building instead of cutting through the floor?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If that is thermite, then why is it spilling out the building instead of cutting through the floor?

Does thermite cut through concrete? I seriously don't know and am asking a question.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

There is probably much more thermite than visible, its just some weeping out of the joints. Its only present for a few minutes before the collapse. Depending on the density of the structure against the quantity of the thermite it is not much of a surprise.

video.google.com...

Notice the concrete blocks are still there, thermite is bouncing off it, and notice how the plant pot container lasts pretty well considering how much thermite it contains.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
anyway with reference to the topic i fully believe explosive devices were used to bring down the towers. It is not possible any other way.

What is controlled demolition? It is the art of breaking up a building into a million peices and putting it in its basement.

Building 7 was not hit by a plane, and had a few small isolated pockets of fire - nothing like an inferno.

Sure building 7 took a hit from the falling debris of the twin towers, but it collapsed perfectly. As I have said before, why bother with months of careful planning and prep. to bring down a building symetrically when we can simply throw some random debris, start a few fires and the building will take care of itself, all within one day? Doesn't this put C.D inc out of a job? Have we being going about demolitions the wrong way?

I mean forgive me for asking questions, but why bother with controlled demolitions that takes months of careful planning and preping the building (including weakening the main support beams by up to 99%) when we can simply fly a plane into the building one afternoon and it will take care of itself. Surely we never needed controlled demolitions then and they are wasting our time and tax payers money.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Doesn't this put C.D inc out of a job? Have we being going about demolitions the wrong way?

One would think. They even say it themselves. That it takes months of prep work and strategic placement of the explosives. But we have 2 buildings that are similar with 2 plane crashes that were NOT similar and yet we get the same result. Doesn't add up for me either.

Edit: And that's not even going into building 7.

[edit on 10/19/2006 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I wish I knew how to post a video link showing the one part of 9/11 Mysteries. The one where they are going into the "squibs". It clearly shows squibs, explosions and sunlight reflection all in the same clip. Anyone want to help me out?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It doesn't matter how it really happend!
Theories won't change anything. That government will just reject every possible theory. That's what they have bin doing all the time. They have their official report and that's unquestionable. Try to see that!

We all know there where a lot of strange things going on.
- sliced beams
- unexplainable smoke
- unexplainable explosions
- unexplainable molten steel
- unexplainable heat for days after the event
- unpossible speed of collapse
- underfinanced investigation (Monica Lewinsky was worth more)
- no reaction from NORAD when needed

And we can go on and on with these facts. I'm tired of repeating this story.
There will always be those who don't want to see what really happend. There is also a very large number of people acting for their brotherhood. Go investigate into skull and bones, the illuminati, the freemasons, the bilderberg group, bohemian grove and also preston bush, cia, kroll. See how many people are members of secret societies. And see how many of those are into politics, media and big business.

Do you think these people are gathering in secrecy to make our lives better?
While everybody is focussing on the possible theories on the collapse, the conspirators are still going for their agenda. And I think a lot of them are intrested in what's being talked about right here. Sometimes it's to obvious!

Try to see the bigger picture. That's where you will find you're answer.

I've bin swarming the internet for years know, conspiracy after conspiracy. And you know what, more people are waking up!

I hope you do so to. Take the red pill!
But if you're one of them. Try to take about 40 sleeping pills and a bottle of your favorite alcohol.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Care to give the source for this. Because without that, I can't verify. You could have written that yourself.

Sure, www.rokdok.com...

PS: edited last post accordingly.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I wish I knew how to post a video link showing the one part of 9/11 Mysteries. The one where they are going into the "squibs". It clearly shows squibs, explosions and sunlight reflection all in the same clip. Anyone want to help me out?

Bright explosive flashes observed in new video

video.google.com...

go to 06:05 to 06:08, only 3 seconds - watch VERY carefully.

You should be able to notice atleast 5 or 6 very quick flashes. The producer is not focusing on them at all but rather the squibs. Dont look at the squibs, look to the corners that are darker. Anyone else notice this?

You mean this bit? Its from 9/11 mysteries I posted it a few weeks back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That's what I'm talking about yes. I want to be able to show the video (3 seconds) in a loop on the thread. Know how to do it? I've seen some here...the "foot of god" one comes to mind.

Edit: I remember that thread...forgot it was you that posted it.

[edit on 10/19/2006 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I actually had a go at chopping it out using a screen capture program but have since lost the little clip.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join