It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Trade Center + Explosives

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Question Mauddib. Does thermite/mate cause p waves? Since it doesn't explode, I would assume no.

Do you know anything about thermite mate?..

To make thermite go off you need explosives, and a good amount of it which would have been heard over the noise of the collapse and would have been heard at least several blocks away, yet it wasn't, and again it would have made P waves because of the explosive devices.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If Scott Forbes is who I was thinking about, then why is he still alive? What does he have to gain by lying? I'll look into if he is who I'm talking about.

Who is this "Scott Forbes"... BTW griff, not to step on your toe but yes there are people who lie to get attention among other things. I don't know who this man is or what he is claiming but you are wrong.. There are people who "gain" by lying, they gain attention, they can even gain money.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Nice find. Kinda looks exactly like the towers doesn't it? People keep saying "but it didn't look like a CD". Well, look closely at that picture, it looks exactly like the towers.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

To make thermite go off you need explosives, and a good amount of it which would have been heard over the noise of the collapse and would have been heard at least several blocks away, yet it wasn't, and again it would have made P waves because of the explosive devices.

Do YOU know anything about thermite mate? I suggest doing research before spouting about something you do not know about.

Conventional thermite reactions require very high temperatures for initiation. These cannot be reached with conventional black-powder fuses, nitrocellulose rods, detonators, or other common igniting substances. Even when the thermite is hot enough to glow bright red, it will not ignite as it must be at or near white-hot to initiate the reaction. It is possible to start the reaction using a propane torch if done right, but this should never be attempted for safety reasons.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Hmm...detonators can't ignite it huh? Do some research before you start to imply someone else doesn't know something when it is yourself who is ignorant of the subject.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Who is this "Scott Forbes"... BTW griff, not to step on your toe but yes there are people who lie to get attention among other things. I don't know who this man is or what he is claiming but you are wrong.. There are people who "gain" by lying, they gain attention, they can even gain money.

How can you say I am wrong when you don't even know a thing about this subject? Some people...Jeez.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Question Mauddib. Does thermite/mate cause p waves? Since it doesn't explode, I would assume no.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Muaddib]

Who the hell told you this?

You don't need explosives to use termite... What kinda crack you smoking again.. I want some...

Thermite in the towers.

Thermite in action, without explosives

I really want to see a link backing up your claim tho... All you need is a fuse that's all.

[edit on 10/19/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... - alternate link in case the other one dies...

Now, let's see what our favorite encyclopedia has to say about thermite

en.wikipedia.org...
Conventional thermite reactions require very high temperatures for initiation. These cannot be reached with conventional black-powder fuses, nitrocellulose rods, detonators, or other common igniting substances. Even when the thermite is hot enough to glow bright red, it will not ignite as it must be at or near white-hot to initiate the reaction. It is possible to start the reaction using a propane torch if done right, but this should never be attempted for safety reasons.

Often, strips of magnesium metal are used as fuses. Magnesium burns at approximately the temperature at which thermite reacts, around 2500 kelvin (4000 °F). This method is notoriously unreliable: magnesium itself is hard to ignite, and in windy or wet conditions the strip may be extinguished. Also, magnesium strips do not contain their own oxygen source so ignition cannot occur through a small hole. A significant danger of magnesium ignition is the fact that the metal is an excellent conductor of heat; heating one end of the ribbon may cause the other end to transfer enough heat to the thermite to cause premature ignition. Despite these issues, magnesium ignition remains popular amongst amateur thermite users.

The reaction between potassium permanganate and glycerine is used as an alternative to the magnesium method. When these two substances mix, a spontaneous reaction will begin, slowly increasing the temperature of the mixture until flames are produced. The heat released by the oxidation of glycerine is sufficient to initiate a thermite reaction. However, this method can also be unreliable and the delay between mixing and ignition can vary greatly due to factors such as particle size and ambient temperature.

Another method of igniting is to use a common sparkler to ignite the mix. These reach the necessary temperatures and provide a sufficient amount of time before the burning point reaches the sample.

So, it takes ... a sparkler (!!)
uh oh

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I love these new stabilized images, anyone see the JFK and bigfoot stabilized?

Anyhow I believe the thermite reaction you are seeing is perfectly explainable and a natural reaction from the plane impact. The plane was aluminium, the building was rusty and the sheer friction from the impact would of been enough to create the aluminium filings and heat required to trigger the reaction. All the ingredients for a thermite reaction are there, and oh look - its coming from the same area that the plane hit. Funny that.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insolubrious

Anyhow I believe the thermite reaction you are seeing is perfectly explainable and a natural reaction from the plane impact. The plane was aluminium, the building was rusty and the sheer friction from the impact would of been enough to create the aluminium filings and heat required to trigger the reaction. All the ingredients for a thermite reaction are there, and oh look - its coming from the same area that the plane hit. Funny that.

Now there is a new take on why this termite is here... Interesting indeed..

That was sarcasm if you didn't see it..

I don't buy that and no that isn't where the plane went in.. there is no hole suggesting that.. Another disinformation tactic hard at work.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Look at the video. Is the "explosion" below the impact area coming before or after the tower is starting to collapse?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That must be the termite and gravity hard at work. try again...

I was kidding Delta.. dont take it seriously..

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I don't buy into the no-planes theory, i am sorry but it would of been easier to use real planes. Just imagine the impact went wrong, plane hits and no kaboom? Everyone would of known. I am quite open minded and I have looked at all the holo planes theory on many different sites, transparent wings, lack of resistance from the plane, nose cone ejecting from other side that looks like a DU weapon etc.

A smart young lass reminded me of the penny and eifle tower (drop a penny off the eifle tower and it will easily kill someone, travelling through their skull and torso) which was enough to settle the deflection point for me, and also the transparent wings are easily video anomalies. Like another guy on this forum said, try flapping your arm about very fast in front of you FOV and it will blur almost becoming transparent.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I could agree with this if you can show that a natural thermite reaction has ever happened before. People have tried and failed. But, like soo many other things that have never happened before...... magically happened on 9/11.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I could agree with this if you can show that a natural thermite reaction has ever happened before. People have tried and failed. But, like soo many other things that have never happened before...... magically happened on 9/11.

Ok well, I guess you never heard of thermite fires caused by drilling? These can be brought about simply by drilling a rusty surface with aluminum drill tips. Good construction workers should know this and have to be careful drilling rusty metal surfaces as to not cause a thermite fire.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Insolubrious]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I don't buy into the no-planes theory, i am sorry but it would of been easier to use real planes. Just imagine the impact went wrong, plane hits and no kaboom? Everyone would of known. I am quite open minded and I have looked at all the holo planes theory on many different sites, transparent wings, lack of resistance from the plane, nose cone ejecting from other side that looks like a DU weapon etc.

No one is saying anything about the no plane theory. Where are you getting this? Strawman tactic?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No one is saying anything about the no plane theory. Where are you getting this? Strawman tactic?

I think someone edited their post, they finished saying there was no natural thermite reaction possible because there were no planes.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Insolubrious] damn spelling as usual

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Insolubrious]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Ok well, I guess you never heard of thermite fires caused by drilling? These can be brought about simply by drilling a rusty surface with aluminum drill tips. Good construction workers should know this and have to be careful drilling rusty metal surfaces as to not cause a thermite fire.

No I haven't. Have a source? All I can find on the net is someone stating it in a thread. Not here.

Edit: I'm not discounting you just am curious if this is true.

[edit on 10/19/2006 by Griff]

[edit on 10/19/2006 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

magically happened on 9/11.

Lets see what is up with that day that makes things so normal today.

1) 3 building fell due to "fire". Remember girls and boys..... No other building in the history of man fell due to fire before or after 9/11.

2) All 3 buildings not only fell, but came down pretty much in their own footprint. Try doing that with anything, blocks, bread, shoes, cars, houses. Let me know how it goes.

3) There were cars that were burning near the tower area, a pretty good distance away. why is that?

4) There seems to be things Flying out of the towers as it collapses. Not down. (I know gravity sucks.. then aways flies out when something falls.

5) There was smoke at ground level before towers fell. ( I know all those cars and such from FDNY and NYPD makes a real ozone effect.) That's going to be the new answer for smoke before towers collapsed.. anyone wanna bet??

And on and on and on...
So lets get the Official story straight. where are all us CT nuts coming from again.. and yes those are all simple questions that should be answered. But apparently the pros cant even answer them straight.

Anyway That was fun.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
try doing a search on drilling safety and thermite. Admittedly I couldn't find any sources but I couldn't find any basic drilling safety tips either.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I didnt say there was no plane, I said that isnt where the plane hit. Re read my original post above.. I think you mis understood me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join