It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The search function is useless!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Everytime I use the search option, I never find anything that I want. Actually, I almost always not find anything at all! No matter how generic I make my search, It either shows irrelevent topics, or nothing at all.

Can we please improve it's functionality so people can be a bit more efficient in their research?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It always works great for me, i trust your using keywords and not long sentences? Narrow the search down by adding more keywords or limiting the search fields.

You should start adding threads to your favorites

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I would like to see Boolean search capabilities in the search function. I think William replied to that once, but I can't remember what he said.

Maybe he will respond here.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Why has the ability to delete our own posts/thread been disabled? It would look alot nicer to have nothing there at all than a post that says [Edited by soandso at this time].

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
Why has the ability to delete our own posts/thread been disabled? It would look alot nicer to have nothing there at all than a post that says [Edited by soandso at this time].

Hit and run insults are a big problem with that.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Enabling boolean searchs on an mySQL database accessed by PHP is a monumental security risk... sorry.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
the search has seemed to work fine for me.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The ATS 'search' is quite useful and is a great tool provide here.

One needs to use the 'search' as you would any other search funtion....
Perhaps you need to play around with words and such.

What exactly are you looking for and how?

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The Search function is not brilliant but with practice it yields some good results.

An important issue raised earlier is the utility of having a spearate search function for Topics containing key words as opposed to all posts containing key words.

One well selected key word at a time gets good results, but too many pages of search results to wade through....

top topics

join