It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something needs to be done about members leaving!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
ILP,

no offense meant dude but you have not been a provider of quality around ATS for the time I have been here.

How about a promise from you to elevate your own output?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
yea right like im anyone to judge another...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ok I will make more quality posts. I am sorry for all the idiotic posts i have made.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Role reversal:

ILP... please come to ATS Chat, now.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
you know, I think that jagdflieger has made a very good point here.
Anyone have a theory on why this happens?

Peace,
BG

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think some people do not want to read long informative posts. I like reading the long posts that have lots of information but some people may be lazy. This is just a guess to the reason.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The evolution of the board as a communication tool is great - William making really excellent work. I have some suggestions but this will follow in other thread.

The biggest problem I think we have is with �ATS points� system.
If you read good, quality post you may have nothing to comment except of �me too� or �excellent post�. Members can vote but it is invisible mechanism with binary result - WATS award.

Only chance to do some shopping in ATS store is to post whatever especially in conspiracy forums. It generates incredible noise of worthless posts. Having good agreement with Google (staff made a good job with other search engines as well) we have vast amount of new members who immediately need to reach the magic RATS forum, get better title etc. Finally we have excellent statistics, everyday better.

But to have better quality we need to have system forcing and rewarding quality posts and discussion. Having good quality all board financial supporters will get good and stable, growing statistical figures.

And we need better transparency - no conspiracy within that board � it should be safe place with clear explanation of every noisy banning event. No mercy but with chance to defense. All warns visible and explained. Emotional staff reaction should be limited to other no-admin screen names. At lest few banned members where provoked by some admins overreaction.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Good points Kronos.

However the biggest hurdle we come across is that we do tell the truth about the bannings etc, and they are not believed.

We have been 100% honest in the last affair, I even gave one poster some information that I shouldn't have, to try and show the person we were honest. The result was yet again "What are you trying to hide, you have some sinister motives behind this"

In the end truth has no effect on hardcore paranoid types and silence is the only option that is left open to us.

We even toyed with the idea of giving some respected posters the opportunity to read cosmic and see how real our facts were. This was not followed through as the same people who didn't believe us wouldn't believe them.

Originally posted by Kronos
And we need better transparency - no conspiracy within that board � it should be safe place with clear explanation of every noisy banning event. No mercy but with chance to defense. All warns visible and explained. Emotional staff reaction should be limited to other no-admin screen names. At lest few banned members where provoked by some admins overreaction.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The point system needs to be changed. How can someone that's only been here 5 months have close to 40,000 points? I've been here over a year and not even 3,000. There needs to be longevity points.

I'd also like to change my name, not just my password.

Other than that, I really love the place so I don't know why people leave.

I suggest forming recon teams across the globe.(getting pictures and stuff)

[Edited on 11-9-2003 by DClark]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Maybe, and just a thought,...that points need to be linked to the vote button....

1 vote ....= number of vote/points in that category.

It would be peer driven...bla posts w/no votes get no points.

Great posts get great votes,...and a bunch of points.

It would invoke more voting usage amungst peers, and dis-promote rubbish posts.

And of course the bonus points from mods for kudos as they see fit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join