It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea conducts nuke test

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i just an email from my brother who lives near brompton barracks in kent england ahd he says in last hour all madness is going on loads of troops moving about and people arriving looks to him like they pulled all the troops back from leave and put em on red alert

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
NK couldn't get off a successful missle test. What makes people think this really was a nuke? Would we know any different if NK packed an old mine full of explosives and set it off just to make the world think they conducted a small nuclear test? I mean 4kt and no radiation leak. Could easily just be alot of explosives. Only thing better than a nuclear test is making people believe you conducted a nuclear test.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron
To: Thatsjustwierd

I didn't mention invade. I'm talking about the ramifications with Iran and the Iraq theatre.

So when you were talking about it getting bloody and having a draft if we go to war with NK, you were talking about Iraq?

Edit:

White House -
No military response

[edit on 9-10-2006 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I dont think the US will accept North Korea being a Nuclear Power.

BTW, I dont think Bush has spoken yet...

Also...WESTPOINT23 - funny sig....and oh so true. lol

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
hmm reminds me.. does anyone know if there are naval movements to the Korean region?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
thats a good point,
but how concrete is the theory of there HAVING to be radiation?

Is it possible to detonate it far down and blocked enough for there to be none ?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
im not sure bush will be able to simply put a blockade in place
especially with the iran problems

as terrible as it is i dont think the US can show weakness and not strike not only stoppin NK's nukes but also showing iran they are not afraid to take action

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm referring to Iran's possible boost in confidence as a result of this. Therefore they stop using proxies such as hezbolah to do their dirtywork, and therefore commiting to military action in Iraq. I think its possible.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
NK couldn't get off a successful missle test. What makes people think this really was a nuke? Would we know any different if NK packed an old mine full of explosives and set it off just to make the world think they conducted a small nuclear test? I mean 4kt and no radiation leak. Could easily just be alot of explosives. Only thing better than a nuclear test is making people believe you conducted a nuclear test.

Hard to get conventional weapons to explode effeciently enough to set of almost 4 points on the richter scale when the scale is several hundred miles away.. Not at all saying it can't be done, just saying its not easy. I doubt it's a fake.

link   
just nabbed this off yahoo news

WASHINGTON - U.S. and South Korean intelligence detected a seismic event at a suspected nuclear test site in North Korea, the White House said Monday, a few hours after North Korea claimed it had conducted an underground nuclear test.

"A North Korean nuclear test would constitute a provocative act in defiance of the will of the international commuity and of our call to refrain from actions that would aggravate tensions in Northeast Asia," White House spokesman Tony Snow said.

im guessing the reason only a lowly spokesman has spoken is because bush and the joint chiefs are all in conference atm

link   
Yes Japan can develop nuclear weapons, easily, if it so chooses, and they have the means by which to deliver them, the obstacle is not a military or technological one, but rather political. However the US basing a few (land based) ICBM's in Japan would send just as strong a message, while they would offer the US no real strategic military advantage (from what we have now) it would be a huge political and psychological move.

Also, if there is doubt it was a nuclear tests erase it from your mind, intelligence forces all over the world knew within minutes that it was nuclear in nature. We have the assets and the means to determine it's source fairly quickly. But yes, it was more of a dud then a "great success".

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Fox News just said that they dont think the US administration will speak tonight. He said its more likely tommorow morning. (which would make sense, that way there report can be more accurate then some initial random reports)

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Does anyone know where the President is? Is he in the white house? Of did he go under ground?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Can't there be testing to see if there is radiation under the earth/site where the bomb was detonated? That would be proof of one.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i doubt that even the best black ops teams in the world could get into a NK nuclear test facility and out just to take a few readings

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

NK couldn't get off a successful missle test.

Thet do have submarines,,,,, lots of them.
www.globalsecurity.org...

What makes people think this really was a nuke? Would we know any different if NK packed an old mine full of explosives and set it off just to make the world think they conducted a small nuclear test? I mean 4kt and no radiation leak. Could easily just be alot of explosives. Only thing better than a nuclear test is making people believe you conducted a nuclear test.

That could be true or his scientist could of set off some explosives in fear of failure that would equal death to them.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Keep in mind that North Korea is the only one that's saying no radiation was leaked. While it might be minimal and contained to the local area I find it extremely hard to believe that nothing was leaked, if it was, we can detect it, just for good measure that is.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yes Japan can develop nuclear weapons, easily, if it so chooses, and they have the means by which to deliver them, the obstacle is not a military or technological one, but rather political. However the US basing a few (land based) ICBM's in Japan would send just as strong a message, while they would offer the US no real strategic military advantage (from what we have now) it would be a huge political and psychological move.

Also, if there is doubt it was a nuclear tests erase it from your mind, intelligence forces all over the world knew within minutes that it was nuclear in nature. We have the assets and the means to determine it's source fairly quickly. But yes, it was more of a dud then a "great success".

What time frame would you be looking at here tho WP?
Surely they couldnt do it like a conveyer belt honda?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Who cares? They don't have a delivery system, meanwhile US has these:
blog.rsynnott.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
surely there must of been many US and japanese satalites looing down at the facility
one must be cabable of taking infrared pictures or possibly dectecting radiation

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join