It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea conducts nuke test

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Not Good. :/ Has the UN or the US or any other major nations given an official response?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've heard that Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan could go nuclear on relatively short order due to scientific, technical, and industrial capabillities. South Korea and Japan will not accept a nuclear North Korea. North Korea has shot a Tae-po-dong missile over Japanese territory in the past decade. I believe that Japan will modify their pacifist constitution in the near future, as a result of this development. It would be nationally irresponsible not to. Japan being the only country to have nukes used against them has a moral justification if they decide to go nuclear that no other nation on earth does. There is a new paradigm in Northeast Asia today, and how things will play out remain to be seen.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I don't know too much about earth quake stuff, but could this EQ felt in washington state have occured because of the nuke test? Maybe that's an ignorant question?

Earthquake felt across Western Washington

I doubt it. I have friends that are in Inchon now and none of them felt anything.

link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus
Another failure by the bush administration. Add this to iraq, iran, illegal immigration and a multitude of other failures and you get the gist of what a disaster this guy has been to America.

WRONG! Bush does not negotiate with him.....

Bush was correct in naming them in the "axis-of-evil" ....

Bush is merely responding to a changing security situation in the world...

What was bush to do? buy them off like clinton did?

get real!

link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Where does NK go from here?

If they now have the bomb and they know what the international reaction will be (to sanction the rest of whatever meager economy they have) then doesn't this put the proverbial "tiger in the corner"?

I can only assume that this is only the beginning of a major series of event that will involve NK attacking another country.

Any thoughts?

I was wondering that very thing.They would have known there was going to be a bad reaction to all this.For a while,Venezula,Iran and N.Korea have become nice and cozzy with each other.Wonder if N.Korea being so bold has anything to do with that.Sanctions or millitary actions against N.Korea wontmake the difference.Something bad is coming,this was just the first step.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Not Good. :/ Has the UN or the US or any other major nations given an official response?

Bush is addressing the nation tonight....

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I don't know too much about earth quake stuff, but could this EQ felt in washington state have occured because of the nuke test? Maybe that's an ignorant question?

Earthquake felt across Western Washington

I don't know anything about earthquakes or seismic waves either, but I believe that the earthquakes in washington occured before the nuclear test.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Sorry to sound ignorant, but tonight as in TONIGHT, or tonight as in tonight of October 9th.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I smell a Draft...Their plans are in place. nWo is coming to a climax.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
While not going to war might be policy failure for the Bush administration, it sure as hell wouldn't be a failure in diplomacy. They may have more nukes, and they have a lunatic that runs the country that has already threatened to turn the US into a "sea of fire." If Bush decides to use diplomacy as much as he can and war as his last option, is that something really to get mad about? No one ever has seen what happens when a nuke is dropped and more than one country has nukes, hopefully we won't see what happens.

On a side note, if we do decide to go to war, could their possibly be a push for the reinstatement of the draft? I know the US military isn't stretched very thin, but we would be more stretched if a war with NK became a reality.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

We all wait with bated breath...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Imagine if Iraq had of tested a weapon.. we probably would of struck back in the same manner and then sent in the troops.

Stock markets are going to feel effected..
South korea is surely going to be very itchy and rightfully so.

But what exactly are we going to do ?
any military strike against korea is going to be met with some feirce retaliation..
I think Iran, Iraq, Syria, and south america are truley now playing chess..

They just moved there second LAST peice into checkmate.

The USA cannot face all of these threats..

Excellent points!

Oh the stockmarket will feel it, and that is bad for Republicans because it was doing so well just in time for elections.....

Iran, Syria, Iraq, Venesualla, Bellize they all openly hate America, whether they have the right to or not and whether it is our fault through bad policy being irelivent, they don't like us.

N Korea will have to be delt with... sadly it must.

Our international policy actually relies on it, to have an enemy of Washington with a nuclear weapon is not going to fly with the top brass, and I can imagine they are buttering the president up for some action.

We will need help from our friends on this.. and not just England they help us with everything.. N Koreans are far better at digging in and giving us a real fight, not like the pathetic tactics used in the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hmm. This is an interesting situation going on in North Korea. The commodities market is up though, and that definately shows something. I believe it to be a barometer of sorts.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze
I smell a Draft...Their plans are in place. nWo is coming to a climax.

It better be an NFL Draft.
Any other draft just wont do.
Im not putting my butt in this administration's hands.

link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus

We all wait with bated breath...

At what time is he adressing the public?

link   
Just saw that. Addressing the nation tonight...past midnight on Sun night/Mon Morning, that's significant. Might be more to this then we thought. It's been long rumured the NK's already have nukes. I am wondering if this is an Iranian test.

One thing for sure, Iran, as well as Osama, are checking their bank accounts. I hate to say this, but I only see one option and that's hitting every freakin' possible target in N. Korea with a massive conventional attack. Because as soon as one gets out of that country it will wind up here.

And if Syria and Iran take advantage of this, that's bad.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Does any one know approximately what time he'll be addressing the nation?
I'm guessing on all major news networks...
I want to watch but I also have school tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sr Wing Commander I hate to say this, but I only see one option and that's hitting every freakin' possible target in N. Korea with a massive conventional attack. Because as soon as one gets out of that country it will wind up here.

I think its way to early to do anything just yet. That would be jumping to conclusions in my opinion.

link   
I think we have to immediately use military forces on NK if we are to maintain our zero tolerance attitude with terrorist/axis of evil countries. If we don't, then it is pretty obvious that the only reason we are in iraq is to have a presence in the middle east and WMD's have/had nothing to do with it. We have some serious egg on our faces now and it's time to put up or shutup.

link   
yes, all I want to know is WHEN as in time is he adressing... an adress after midnight.. has that ever happened before??

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join