It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHRISTianty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Chris·ti·an·i·ty (krĭs'chē-ăn'ĭ-tē, krĭs'tē-) pronunciation
n.

1. The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.

Jesus.

Is it me or is Jesus the great deception? Think about it for a minute, Christianity isn't about god its about Christ, Jesus Christ, Christ meaning the son of god.. So Christianity is following the son of god, Excuse me if im wrong here. But im thinking that this is the case. So we aren't following a god at all we are following "Jesus", I don't pray to Jesus I pray to GOD. Im just saying, im no longer Christian Im just a follower of the almighty. Don't follow man my friends follow god.

Discuss?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That is EXACTLY right!!!

To worship Christ (even as Christ) is to worship a man! And mortal all the way to his death - which is not a bad thing but is certainly not being understood for it's true importance which is that the MOST HIGH GOD is the God of the LIVING not the DEAD.
and even what lies dead for any amount of time CAN and WILL see the land of the living again....

If that is what HE chooses to DO!

What God chooses to do....Not a a man, not a preacher, not an idol, and and not a no-god!

Christ came (among other things) to show those who have eyes that can see, just what the great promise of our salvation will be....

IMMANUEL

God with us.

God in US.

Not us as God.

God enlivening us from WITHIN.

Literally.

Christianity is a dead tradition, worshipping a drained bag of blood, thinking that it is our choice and our decision to be 'saved'......

thinking they have life already.

No. It's worse than a farce. It is the ultimate evil that's been cast upon this world for the purpose of setting things right in the end.

Which ain't long. At all.

Peace and God's blessing upon you, my friend.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
At least there is more proof and bigger possibility that jesus existed than a supernatural allmighty omnipotent omnipresent being(?) exists.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Christianity is a dead tradition, worshipping a drained bag of blood, thinking that it is our choice and our decision to be 'saved'......

Not to mention Jesus was jewish and he never advocated starting a religion calling it christianity and worshiping him.......his teachings were from the torah and to reform judaism.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
In defense of Christians, I will say that the term "Christianity" was first coined as an isult to those who followed the teachings of Isa. It originally implied "cult of Christ" and was used to brand the "Christians" who lived in Roman areas, after Isa's departure.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Check this out:

#1 Antiochus Epiphanes is the one who defiled the temple in Jerusalem (by sacrificing a pig and putting a statue of Zeus at the altar) right before the Maccabee Revolt.

#2 The bible says that 'the disciples were first called christians at Antioch' which was a town of gentiles...what most don't realize is that it WAS a derogatory label given to them by the gentiles (who weren't 'saints')...at a time when those who followed Yehoshua were hated as Jews and hated by the Jews (for being apostates).

#3 Antioch is also the place where the infamous spear that supposedly was used at the crucifixion turned up and was seized by I-forgot-who....but it was at the end of some sort of terrible conflict that ended up almost like the Alamo...

#4 Hitler, who was supposedly a 'christian', was obsessed with this spear and when he invaded Prague, the first thing he did was march into the museum there and take that spear. And of course he slaughtered MANY Jews...

Antioch seems like something cursed to me...the name, the town, whatever - it has negative energy.

Antioch means 'speedy like a chariot' and 'epiphany' is defined as:

1. a Christian festival, observed on January 6, commemorating the manifestation of Christ to the gentiles in the persons of the Magi; Twelfth-day.
2. an appearance or manifestation, esp. of a deity.
3. a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
4. a literary work or section of a work presenting, usually symbolically, such a moment of revelation and insight.

That probably all seems like a crazy person's ramblings, I know.

BUT it really isn't. I personally have never believed that we are waiting for some 'antichrist' to come and fool us....especially after my eyes were opened to the christian religion, itself, (nothing against people, just the institution) as not being about what it presents itself to be....I realized that IT was the most likely 'antichrist' being in nature and effect, everything in opposition to what Christ really manifested in truth...

And Jews and christians really don't have any true alliance (except for those christians who would hasten the conclusion of their rapturology) and what it amounts to is robbery (stealing a name, stealing a heritage, stealing promises) and deceit (thinking that there are two different things going on...one for Jews and one for christians) which is largely due to the Romans (when they created the present form of christianity for empirical reasons) and the Greeks (of which Antiochus was one and due to Alexander the Great's conquests the world spoke greek and the greek version of the NT is not accurate as far as meaning - it has covered up much truth in this way)

So, because of some things I have only found out in the very very recent past - a bit of which I have told of right here - I think there WAS an 'antichrist' who was a person, and he did come before Christ (as they say will happen a second time but it already happened)....

The speedy chariot (Charon, Pluto's moon) and the Chariot rider (Pluto)...
Pluto is the name of the Roman god of hades (hell) and (in astrology) represent(ed) death and rebirth - destruction and annhilation - after the destruction, the slate is then wiped clean. It rules over things such as earthquakes, volcanoes, mob violence, bombings, murder, wide-scale terrorism, and nuclear fission....as well as ruthless tyrants and high-minded idealists.....it goes through some signs very quickly and in others it stays a long long time...it's very erratic. People who have had to leave their homes and begin anew in foreign countries are under its influence (the JEWS!! time and time and time again!) It also, in some signs, causes long-hidden secrets to be uncovered and come to light in order to clear the way for new starts....it is two sides of one coin - duality manifest in one small irregular shaped space rock.

It was discovered right after the 1929 crash which was followed by Hitler's rise to power and WWII - gangsterism and mob crime, and many terrible ordeals for the people of the world. And of course, the holocaust led to the 1948 treaty to make Israel (which has been plagued by bombs, terrorism and violence ever since and both the Palestinians and the emigrating Jews have suffered horribly).

BUT, Pluto (in Sagittarius) was voted as 'not a planet' very recently...some astrologers are not happy, but the astronomers do seem pleased.
Sagittarius is known to bring about friendliness and spiritual sharing between nations/cultures and also hope and new understandings. It represents friendliness, freedom, and optimism...

The day Pluto 'died' was August 24, 2006 - and that was right at the time the cease-fire over there in Israel was taking hold...I haven't kept up with the news, so I don't know what's been going on. But I hope something new comes out of all this...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Do I really need to explain the trinity.....

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Definitely not.

It's time to clean up, not ADD to.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Definitely not.

You're right. Arius would have helped preach the Unitarian view of Christianity, if it were not for the members of the Council of Nicaea finding him as a heretic for not believing that God, his son, the Holy Ghost (which is actually 7 spirts known as the 7-fold spirits), are all the same being, but exist as seperate bodies, having their own individual will and mind, and some being able to do things the others can't (such as the Christian belief that the Father cannot save your soul, but rather through the Son can one find salvation).

[edit on 7-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Definitely not.

You're right. Arius would have helped preach the Unitarian view of Christianity, if it were not for the members of the Council of Nicaea finding him as a heretic for not believing that God, his son, the Holy Ghost (which is actually 7 spirts known as the 7-fold spirits), are all the same being, but exist as seperate bodies, having their own individual will and mind, and some being able to do things the others can't (such as the Christian belief that the Father cannot save your soul, but rather through the Son can one find salvation).

[edit on 7-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

Hogwash. You need to actually read the Scriptures before you make such comments.

Also, for those who are not Believers, stop telling us Believers what the Bible actually means or says. No where does it state that God cannot save your soul. Scripture rather states that ONLY God can save and since Jesus is God the Son, He then saves.

1 Tim 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,
NASU

Paul also states that Jesus is our Savior.

2 Tim 1:10
10 but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
NASU

We are also told in Scripture that God and Jesus are one in the same, both being our Savior.

Titus 2:13-14
13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.
NASU

Now on to the topic.

A Believer is NOT worshipping "just" Jesus but rather God come in the flesh. Jesus is God Incarnate, the God-Man. Jesus then is God the Son, not just some dude walking around in a stooper.

Everything about Christianity is about the Author of it, God the Father. You can't seperate God the Father, God the Son nor God the Spirit. It has been said they are linked such as a chain yet a chain can be seperated so this fails to describe the Trinity. The better analogy would be that the Trinity can be likened to a triangle. It is made up of 3 equal parts, remove one of the corners or shorten one side and it no longer is a triangle. As with all analogies, press them too far and they will fail, especially when describing God.

As for prayer, Scripture teaches that we pray to God in Jesus name.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Because if you don't you're praying to the angel of death.

But he's gone now.

God has NEVER incarnated - God is PURE SPIRIT.

That means no body, no flesh - not ever and never ever ever.

Put away your idols.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Do I really need to explain the trinity.....

To which Trinity do you refer?

A Believer is NOT worshipping "just" Jesus

True they are followers of Paul/ Saul the jew killer. nothing in modern xianity relys
on the actual teachings of R.Jeshua. It is all about how paul the egomanic interpolates and
defines what the Rabbi said. I personally think paul was doing shrooms and barney.

Everything about Christianity is about the Author of it, God the Father.

Please provide just 1 verifiable document written by your " God the Father".

" The Bible did not arrive by fax from heaven ( or anyplace else). It was Written (after the fact) By Men For Men."

God has NEVER incarnated - God is PURE SPIRIT.
That means no body, no flesh - not ever and never ever ever.

I am truely sorry that Your God is so limited and finite. My
God/ess is present and " Incarnate" in every aspect and facet of Their
creation. I can see,touch,feel,taste,smell, and hear them in all of their creations.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth

Is it me or is Jesus the great deception? Think about it for a minute, Christianity isn't about god its about Christ
Discuss?

Jesus is God. Jesus is the only way to be saved and have eternal everlasting life. There are many who don't want people to believe this, so the deception is to create mistrust in this fact. The deception is not to believe.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Is it me or is Jesus the great deception? Think about it for a minute, Christianity isn't about god its about Christ
Discuss?

Jesus is God. Jesus is the only way to be saved and have eternal everlasting life. There are many who don't want people to believe this, so the deception is to create mistrust in this fact. The deception is not to believe.

This is what im talking about... JESUS was a MAN!
Think about that I worship god, I pray to god, not JESUS.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Jesus was God and man at the same time.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Jesus was God and man at the same time.

Then how can the father be the son. He was a Skitzophrenic then? So you follow a man with a disease? A man he is none the less, with parts just like you and I. No man should be worshipped no MAN.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Easy there inspiringyouth. There's no need for ridiculing their opinion.

You have to understand their views. Not all Christians have the same views of Jesus. Some Christians believe that Jesus became the son when God entered his body in Mary's womb, and others believe Jesus and God are one in the same (meaning he was born as God). There has been conflict since the beginings of Christianity asking if Jesus is God, or if Jesus has God's spirit inside of him. Many Christians believe that when Jesus was crucified, it was Jesus's mortal human body that died, but the spirit of the Father inside of him was what left after the death. Other believe that Jesus has always existed along with the Father, since the dawn of time, as the "word."

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think it is as simple as relative position of physical and spiritual....

As in:

Do you see a man who is the fleshly image of God?

OR

Do you see a man of flesh gifted with the spirit of God within - without measure?
(meaning all the body can tolerate, I imagine)

While it isn't a reason to ridicule - and to many it doesn't seem to be that important - I think it is.

Because one way of thinking is idolatory (putting God in a box and worshipping the box) and also severely limits the potential we were purposely given in the example of Yehoshua....for ourselves and others, too.

The other way of thinking is one that doesn't limit God - or man's potential that is actually the promise of our restoration.

And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
~Ezekiel 36:23-28

Yehoshua doesn't make us into sons of God - God DOES! He gives each that power - directly. Not Yehoshua but God the Father who is PURE SPIRIT.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
~John 1:12-13

More about God doing this thing -- all power comes from GOD - we are not to seek other recipients, but the giver, Himself!

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
~Romans 8:11-14

Is the spirit of God in subjection to the flesh of mortal man?!?!

OR

Is mortal man in subjection to the Spirit of God??

Does anyone see the difference?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

While it isn't a reason to ridicule - and to many it doesn't seem to be that important - I think it is.

Because one way of thinking is idolatory (putting God in a box and worshipping the box) and also severely limits the potential we were purposely given in the example of Yehoshua....for ourselves and others, too.

You raise a good point. Does believing that Jesus is the vessel for God's (the father) spirit, and worshipping Jesus (the son) constitute a breach in the first commandment, "You shall have no other gods before Me."

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

You raise a good point. Does believing that Jesus is the vessel for God's (the father) spirit, and worshipping Jesus (the son) constitute a breach in the first commandment, "You shall have no other gods before Me."

Since Jesus is God the answer is no. I believe what is being talked about is things like the sun, the crecent moon or the stars. You know the false alilahs

top topics

<<   2 >>

join