It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Mails Force Rep. Mark Foley R-Fla. to Resign

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Pedophiles have No place in our Society, let alone our Government! I'm piss about Two issues with this case:

1. There was A Pedaphile in our goverment doing bad things with children in the Capital!

2. Some of our leaders KNEW what was happening!

Foley and all the other assholes who knew about him need to be FIRED and CHARGED for this! I don't care what party they are from! Messing with ANY child is WRONG! There it is in plain English.

If Dennis Hastard really knew about this, he needs to be Impeached along with everyone else who knew! I Say this would be a good time for a Special Prosicuter to investigate!

I still don't understand how this happened and noone stoped it Sooner. Protecting Children is NOT about Politics, it about doing what is Morally Right! JAIL THE SOB, AND EVERYONE WHO KNEW AND DID SAY ANYTHING!

Sorry, but I'm Extreemly Protective of children, and I have NO tolerance for the scum who dare to hurt them!

Tim

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There's only one thing I can say in Hastert's defense. Tom Delay.

Let's step back and remember who WAS the Speaker of the House when Foley's hanky panky was going on. Tom Delay.

If I were an investigator on this case, it's Tom Delay's Chief of Staff I'd be going straight to for info on what the hell was going on there. (if he's smart, he's lawyered up)

Fordham would know. Fordham, Foley's exChief of Staff... Reynold's recent CoS who resigned today and has been implicated in keeping his former boss out of trouble.

Edit for fact check: Delay was House Majority Leader ... but I stand by the CoS part, the Aids know more than their bosses in most areas.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Tom Delay was never speaker of the house. Hastert has been ever since newt the gingrich stepped down. Tom Delay was the party whip....aka the hammer.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Tom Delay was never speaker of the house. Hastert has been ever since newt the gingrich stepped down. Tom Delay was the party whip....aka the hammer.

Actually he was the majority leader.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by karby
Great news, everyone! According to Fox News, the Republican Party's troubles are over: Foley's a Democrat!.

Watch this video clip closely. Two cut-aways to Foley during O'Reilley yesterday labelled him (D-FL)!

www.bradblog.com...

edit: huh?? why did the rest of my post get cut off??
anyway, what i wrote before was that perhaps is was a mistake but it's not likely. this mud slinging is getting on my nerves. i understand that politics are supposed to be 'dirty', but geez! its things like this that has got me not looking at the tv.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by karby]

I watch FOX all the time and they make SO MANY mistakes with showing video clips and subtitles etc. ALL THE TIME, even if this is true I really, really doubt it was intentional.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by karby
Great news, everyone! According to Fox News, the Republican Party's troubles are over: Foley's a Democrat!.

Watch this video clip closely. Two cut-aways to Foley during O'Reilley yesterday labelled him (D-FL)!

www.bradblog.com...

edit: huh?? why did the rest of my post get cut off??
anyway, what i wrote before was that perhaps is was a mistake but it's not likely. this mud slinging is getting on my nerves. i understand that politics are supposed to be 'dirty', but geez! its things like this that has got me not looking at the tv.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by karby]

I watch FOX all the time and they make SO MANY mistakes with showing video clips and subtitles etc. ALL THE TIME, even if this is true I really, really doubt it was intentional.

hmm. yes, maybe. but is a lil accuracy too much to ask? or is it beyond their ability? if they're always making SO MANY mistakes then maybe it's about time they SO FIRE someone, and hire a person who knows what s/he's doing.

hey, everyone's human. i don't mind a lil slip up every now and then, i do understand that things happen. but i don't watch fox news, (or too much tv in general), so if their error percentage is truly what you're describing it to be, then maybe it's about time someone (or someones) agree to some proper job training, or start looking in the newspapers.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Ok, this is getting very weird...

Found on Crooks and Liars, now the AP is also listing not on Folely as a Democrat, but Hastert as well.

And this next video is fascinating to watch:

Foley In 10 Minutes

[edit on 5-10-2006 by loam]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Is there anything that the right wing media blah blah blah'ers won't lie about to cover the Republican leadership's asses?

Lying about the Foley and Hastert's party affilations now. No I don't think its a mistake by a long shot. It was a deliberate to confuse voters.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by grover]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by grover

Actually he was the majority leader.

I stand corrected....but he did garner his power as party whip.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
an ex-aide has come forward saying he informed dennis hastert 3 years ago about foley hitting on teenage male pages at work. story here

how many people in that time knew and did nothing? i think any investigations ought to include knowledge of any other members that warnings have been given about in the past regarding their behaviour.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

I just found out that the victime was 18 at the time.

FAMOUS IM EXCHANGE WAS WITH 18 YEAR OLD

Wed Oct 04 2006 20:32:06 ET

A posting on ABCNEWS.COM of an unredacted instant message sessions between Rep. Mark Foley and a former congressional page has exposed the identity of the now 21 year-old accuser.

The website PASSIONATE AMERICA detailed the startling exposure late Wednesday.

ABCNEWS said in a statement: "We go to great lengths to prevent the names of alleged sex crime victims from being revealed. On Friday there was a very brief technical glitch on our site which was overridden immediately. It is possible that during that very brief interval a screen name could have been captured. Reviews of the site since then show no unredacted screen names."

[The PASSIONATE AMERICA webmaster tells the OKLAHOMAN that "he stumbled onto the former page's AOL screen name when looking at transcripts of the instant messages on ABC's Web site Saturday. He said he typed a slightly-different Web address into his browser and found a version of the transcript with the screen name. He claims the AOL name of the young man was still on ABCNEWS.COM before he posted his story on Wednesday.]

[edit on 5-10-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.drudgereport.com...

I just found out that the victime was 18 at the time.

You forgot to post this portion:

A network source explains, messages with the young man and disgraced former Congressman Foley took place before and after the 18th birthday.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I forgot to add this then.

On Tuesday ABC news released a high-impact instant message exchange between Foley and, as ABC explained, a young man "under the age of 18."

ABC headlined the story: "New Foley Instant Messages; Had Internet Sex While Awaiting House Vote"

But upon reviewing the records, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, the young man was in fact over the age of 18 at the time of the exchange.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If Foley was up to these tricks as far back as 3 years ago, I'll bet you his hard drive and AOL IM records
show that congressional pages were only a small part of what he was doing.

That is the much more important story.

Could proper oversight have stopped this predator from the things he has probably done to other people's children?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The report I read this morning said there were instances of Mr. Foley making personal contact with former pages that go as far back as 1997.

Tyson Vivyan's account appears to show the earliest exchange of suggestive messages reported so far between Foley and teens who had served in the Capitol page program. Previous accounts placed the earliest contacts in 2003.

Vivyan, 26, told The Associated Press that Foley began sending him instant messages about a month or two after his nine-month stint as a page ended in June 1997.

link

I think this goes farther back than anyone would like to admit, and involves many, many more of our elected representatives than anyone wants to think.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I forgot to add this then.

the young man was in fact over the age of 18 at the time of the exchange.

So, then, you think this about a single exchange?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
deltaboy

You are not now finding excuses for the behavior of our own elected officials in the white House while they are conducting business in behave of us and our nation are you?

The man is dirty, he did what he did and for his own pleasure he didn't care about his reputation yours mine or the nation.

Is been clear that the boy in question was under 18 when Foley took a sexual interest on him.

And the rest of the people that knew about it covered up.

Is disgusting, just disgusting, I have not problem with sexual preferences but that is for adults to do.

If Foley attention was on an 18 year old girl and not a boy at his age it would have seem out of place also and if she was under 18 it would have been criminal charges on his behavior.

Our entire political system and his members are all corrupted and nothing will come out of the whole deal, and still people that support party ideologies will careless the horrible state of our nation leadership and just find excuses for any thing they do.

This is a wake up call to see what our nation have become when it comes to the leaders that work in our behave.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Marg, Is it so surprising that that the "right" puts ideology above morality as exhibited by the GOP leadership.

No regard for the victims much less the taxpaying citizens of this once proud land.

The moral high ground that the "right" once claimed is sucking them into a bottomless pit of corruption and sexual diviantcy as they try to spin and deflect the quest for truth.

This is just the tip of the iceberg!!

What we need now is an independant investigation. The house ethics commitiee is a pitiful joke.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Marg, Is it so surprising that that the "right" puts ideology above morality as exhibited by the GOP leadership.

I agree is like the old say, expect anything from a liberal but when it comes with conservatives and the party of morality and they way they preached this is unconceivable.

No regard for the victims much less the taxpaying citizens of this once proud land.

Who's the victim, are you joking, the way it goes Foley was more liberal than conservative and he is holier than the pope just a minor problem you see.

The stench of the so call Conservative leaders is overwhelming.

The moral high ground that the "right" once claimed is sucking them into a bottomless pit of corruption and sexual diveney as they try to spin and deflect the quest for truth.

They have always been dirty the so call right morality is nothing than political propaganda.

And like you said is making the party implode. I guess now they are paying for the sins of the 2004 election when everything was to appeal to fundamentalist rights to help win voters for the party of God.

This is just the tip of the iceberg!!

Yes is the tip of the iceberg, but is also sweet, sweet redemption

Like I said expect anything from a liberal . . .

But not for the party of the holy than holier.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok, Reporter (Major Garrett) on Faux just said 'text messages' three times in less than 30 seconds. So who knows... maybe there WERE text messages too?

GET HIS CELL PHONE records too, and see where those numbers lead. Imagine if Mark got a 12-year old little brother on the phone?

I saw a graphics glitch too get fixed. A pic of Hastert's office was labeled 'Astert's Office'. Then they fixed it and poof, right before my eyes, it switched to "Hastert's Office" and we saw Denny come out and get in his big black SUV. He waved.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join